Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panorama Holiday Booking

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

I notice that no-one bothered to post the offer in the Bargain Alerts thread at the time :mad: :D

Have any of you heard anything back from Panorama & has the money been refunded to your bank/credit card accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dirtyaggie

MMMMMMM me thinks everyone too quite.
    Are we all sorted then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

They are prob on their holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

€98 a bargain?

You'd have to pay me to go on holiday in the same resort at the same time as half the whackjobs in this thread.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

dudara wrote: »
    dubbin - and other posters

TBH - and I am replying here as a private individual - I cannot see how a contract was formed here when one side has admitted that there was a mistake.

To use a very bad analogy - it's like convicting an innocent man.

I understand that mistakes happen and maybe contracts can be recinded for this. My question would be why is this never possible when I make a mistake?? Terms and conditions are normally there to make sure the company gets its money no matter what. So in these cases where they are in the wrong according to their own T&c's I believe the company should take the pain.
    E.g. I broke a bone in my back some years back (which meant 3 months in a metal back brace) Did the operator refund the price for my holiday I couldnt go on........did they f*$%

BTW this is directed at dudara as you seem to know what you are talking about. i firmly believe that common sense should rule in these situations, it just never seems to when it involves me. just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

pred racer wrote: »
    E.g. I broke a bone in my back some years back (which meant 3 months in a metal back brace) Did the operator refund the price for my holiday I couldnt go on........did they f*$%

That wouldn't be mistake, you would be claiming the contract was frustrated but this does not entitle you to rescind the contract as it only relieves you of future obligations i.e. if you had only paid a deposit, you would not have to pay anything else which was due but you would not get your deposit back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dirtyaggie

Hi all, wont be writing for a week.
    Im off to madeira in the morning.
    So stand up for your rights! Sometimes it works and you never know till you try. :D:p:o:rolleyes::):P

Advertisement