Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upper sherrard St, Dublin 1, bad area?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

hope i'm doing this right, have never posted on here before!

I viewed a lovely apartment on upper sherrard st, D1 today (corner or NCR). Does anyone know what this area is like? is it safe enough to live in? i wouldn't be planning on walking around by myself at night or anything, and the apartment has secure underground parking and security code access etc ... any advice would be welcome!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

OK folks, let's keep it civil in here,

Des

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

It's not the worst place, so long as you're definitely not planning on doing some night time strolls on your own. Just make the apartments are very secure and difficult to break in to. On the plus side you're so close to everything it'll be really handy for you to go anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Definitely not, I presume? :D

Des wrote: »
    Definitely not, I presume? :D

Whoops! Talk about bad advice...!

Fixed now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 missdublin

Thanks cosmic, that's helped me make my decision!

The apartment is gorgeous but I just wanted some confirmation that it wasn't a silly move. The apartments are definately safe, brand new block with all the fancy security stuff and it's on the second floor (I don't think many would-be robbers would bother scaling balconies). Plus, if all that fails there is a live in caretaker/security guy there as well. I would never walk anywhere alone at night, so that would be no different.

• Advertisement

Great! Enjoy the new place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kealderra

Hi I've lived in the area for five years and have had no problems (well apart from a few noisy kids but that's hardly unusual in the inner city!) Lots of people have moved into the area over the past few years - and best of all you are so near everything. Despite some initial misgivings myself I have to say I've never regretted living in the area. All the best with the apartment

Advertisement