Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Network

• 17-09-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey guys, sorry in advance for starting a new thread, but a quick question.....

What is the best network to go for atm..
    Im goin buyin a new phone tomorrow probably one of those samsung or lg toach pad ones..that everybody has (nothing fancy)

All i use my phone for is ringing and texting really..and i only use about 15-20 euros a month credit...(ya ya, i kno :eek:) ive been with vodefone from the start...so really just lookin if there are any good deals...and rates.

:pac:.............G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most networks have the €20 a month prepay options for unlimited any network texts, then you can use the €20 for the calls so depends what nework suits you better.

See what networks have the phone you want, and what prices, and then take it from their.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i'm a bit of a meteor fanboy

just buy the phone unlocked so you can switch network easily if you end up not liking one

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paulclesham

o2 is the only way forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paulclesham

thats not a great idea to be honest, if you unlock the phone before choosing what network to use, u wont be able to use a lot of the services on the phone eg internet etc.

o2 is the only way forward!

any particular reason why? i find them quite expensive

• Advertisement

thats not a great idea to be honest, if you unlock the phone before choosing what network to use, u wont be able to use a lot of the services on the phone eg internet etc.

thats so totally not true. if you find that to be the case you are doing something wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Total rubbish. What you won't get is the network settings preloaded. These can be obtained from the network, usually over the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Breezer wrote: »
    Total rubbish. What you won't get is the network settings preloaded. These can be obtained from the network, usually over the internet.

Mobile networks send their OTA (Over The Air) settings via SMS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Mobile networks send their OTA (Over The Air) settings via SMS.
    Sorry, I meant they can be requested by visiting the company's website on a computer and filling in a form. You then receive them via SMS, yes.

Advertisement