Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claiming tax from Last year

• 17-09-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I was working last year on a fixed contract from August - Christmas, i was recently taken back on by the same company covering maternity this time and i got talking to a girl that worked the same period as me and she said when she went to claim benefit she got a big chunk of tax back.

I had no idea this was even possible - am i too late to put in a claim? I didnt find a new job (until i got taken back) but i never claimed benefit either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi
    Your not too late at all, you can backdate any claim you may have to 2005. You should ring Revenue to see if they need any details from you in order to perform a review of your tax affairs for last year.

If you've overpaid it'll come to light in your review (P21 Balancing Statement)

:)

Advertisement