Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Policy Query

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if I can get some information concerning policy. I am currently preparing myself for a thesis and it's a topic that I know a lot of people on here could help me with. I'm planning on taking a mixed method approach of mostly quanititative analysis, backed up with qualitative analysis.

For the qualitative side of things I would like to interview two or three people and I just want to know if this is okay with boards policy? I'm aware of the research ethics that I am obliged to uphold so no worries about that.

Thank you in advance for the responses. :)

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I don't see a big problem, but just beware of sending unsolicited PMs. Maybe you should take a few steps.

1. Ask relevant forum mods do they mind you carrying out research in their forum.

2. Ask for people who are willing to get involved to (a) thank your post or (b) reply to the thread.

3. Proceed.

4. ???

5. Profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Thanks for that hullaballoo, I will definitely run it by the mods of the relevant forum.

Advertisement