Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coin and bank note albums

• 17-09-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Any idea where I can get coin and bank note albums?
    I've finally decided to sort my collection out, maybe even get some stuff valued! Also, does anyone know the dates of the coin fair coming up in the RDS?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Not being a serious coin collector I am not sure about the RDS Fair but there was one there on 21st/22nd February so perhaps not until 2010?

I am sure that "Bygone Days" in the Market Arcade, off South Great Georges, Dublin .2. would be able to advise you about where to buy coin albums or failing that "Lir Coins & Collectables" also in the arcade. :)

As I said - I am not much of a coin collector and I stand corrected about the RDS Fair as I see on the thread on 'Inherited Coin Collection' that there's a another fair there in October!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Coin fair just around the corner:

Date: October 16 2009 - October 18 2009
    Venue: Hall 3 (Serpentine) RDS Dublin

Go for the Optima range of albums for notes and coins, you can use the same albums for both by using different sleeves. You can ring this guy to check if he'll be at the coin fair, he usually is:

Lighthouse Ireland
    5 Rathgar Place
    Dublin 6
    01 4972520

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marin982

Lighthouse Ireland
    5 Rathgar Place
    Dublin 6
    01 4972520
    Does that mean he is official Lighthouse reseller for Ireland? If so, does he have a store at this address?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Yes he's an official Lighthouse reseller for Ireland. I don't know if he has a store at that address, I just meet him at all the coin fairs. I've always assumed that he just deals from home as all he seems to sell is coin supplies and there wouldn't be enough business in that to justify having a store.

Thanks.
    I was just about to order coin case from Lighthouse, but postage is really ridiculous. I'll better check with this guy if he's able to get it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ocr

i have 3 pics of foreign currency and i was wondering was there any serious collectors who may be able to identify them for me

Could you show us those pics?

here it is hope i attached it right thanks

-Spain 100 peseta 1970
    -Turkey 1000 lira 1970
    -Thailand 10 baht

They're not worth much, even in UNC quality. Let's say all three of them, in the state they are on these pics, are worth not more than 2€.

Thanks for that marin, even though they are not worth much its nice to know where they are from the first two had half an idea but the one from thailand has had me wondering for a while

• Advertisement
Advertisement