Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many characters?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭

I've got the idea of course, that it makes perfect sense to play at least one character for each starting area, so thats for example, Human; [Dwarf/Gnome]; Night elf; Draenei; Worgen (I'll hold a slot open); Orc; Blood Elf; Undead and a Goblin.

Is this just madness? Or are there a lot of people who tend to several characters instead of trying to be Uber-elite about one character?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I find I get bored of one character easily, but then again I hate levelling.

I have numerous characters, a level 80 and 70 that i havn't touched in months, and some regular alts on outland that I level, maybe a level a week if I'm lucky, although I'm trying to focus hard on my warlock, since he wont get to the position I want him, with part time play.

I'd say pick a class you like, and experience that class to the full levelling experience.

Alts are for when you hit 80, you do raiding or pvp, and the process of new gear and a sense of achievement starts slowing down, to a point where you have time to play with that alt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've and Rogue and Paladin at lvl80, with a Warlock at lvl72 who may never get to lvl80 since i've cancelled my account again. So bloody bored of the game now. Will come back to the new expansion, but not until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ive currently got 5 lvl 80's and should have my 6th in the next few weeks if i can bother my hole leveling it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

good tip if lvllign two alts is to lvl in rested exp! its quicker lvlling. and if u pick 2 diff classes its offers variation if bored of one area or class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have 3 80s and im leveling my 4th.

only 80 i touch is my dk every now and again and its PURELY for pvp.

pve is meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

You can get from one starting area to another fairly easily, though it can take a bit of time. As a level 3 or 4, I've run from Coldridge Valley to Ironforge. From there you could get the tram to Stormwind and then a boat to Teldrassil or Azuremist, so you could play through any of the low level quests. Sometimes it's easier to do all the quests in a particular zone, then if you get stuck, get to another races zone the same level (Loch Modan/Westfall) then go back and run through all the "tough" quest a little easier once you've gone up a level or two.

As for leveling alts, even if you choose a different race, or move your char to another race's area, you'll still have a load of repetition after the first couple of zones. Picking an alt with a different role (even switching between ranged and melee DPS), magical vs. non magical, or different professions would probably help vary your leveling experience just as much.

I had a plan to level a couple of chars, which would compliment each other, but offer a substantially different playstyles. After a couple of false starts with a gnome rogue and a cow hunter, my current main is a dwarf hunter. This involves a lot of solo PvE, as it suits my play schedule. I originally intended to have him farm for leather, till I discovered the joy of engineering, and it all went out the window. Now he mines, and makes stuff, but has very little gold as a result :) I've also managed to mostly avoid PvP, which I just don't get (it's a stats thing, you're either stronger or weaker, surely? )

I still haven't figured out what to level as an alt, all I know for the moment is that it probably won't be a ranged DPS, a miner, an engineer or have a pet/minion, but will be more magically orientated, and probably more suited to PvP. Basically, everything my current toon isn't !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kakistos153

i have five 80's, paladin, warlock, warrior and 2 dk's(although imo these only count for 1 80 XD) working on a second warlock on alliance side cos i'm too poor for character transfer. i've tried lvling every other class but i just cant make it over that 30-35 hump (and in some cases the 20-25 XD) so i picked my favourite for my alliance alt. i already have an alliance dk but dk tanking has just gotten so boring and the last thing i need is another melee when my main is my warrior

Alskling EU-Lightning's blade
    Malrish EU-Lightning's blade
    Vadra EU-Lightning's blade
    Bhrastacara EU-Lightning's blade
    Dhanam EU-Lightning's blade

Kakistos (LVL35) EU-Executus

Advertisement