Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's everyone's weekly budget?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Just out of curiosity...

I've read that some people won't be able to afford to see the doctor now there are charges. I have about €50 a week after rent and I thought that was tight but I could definitely pay for the doctor if I was sick by cutting back for a week or two afterwards.

Are many people here living on less than €50 a week? How? I couldn't imagine not having any treats at all. Especially coffee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mjcox16

i live off 75 euro a week which i thought is very little when u include going out n everything

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm on about €40 a week. I really need to find a job >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

250 euro probs gonna try and upp it abit anyone want to come and party with me come to roebuck room 3 aparment 5 building 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I am on about 80 which when you start going out is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

€40-€50 a week and then go out maybe once a month,it makes you cherish your nights out.Either that or ridiculously anti-social.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I've no job, but I do live in Dublin. So no rent or anything.

I only get 40 quid, of which at least 25 goes to petrol! And I usually spend the rest on lunch and the St Pats games on Fridays (Pub :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Ok, that's what I thought. I'm in final year now, and luckily when I was in earlier years and went out a lot, there were nitelinks on weeknights so no need for a taxi.

It's really hrash not having nitelinks. First year would not have been the same if I couldn't have gone out three times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I'm not sure but it involes me having -180 balance in my banki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

im on about -5 a week now but hey you only live once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

lizzyvera wrote: »
    Ok, that's what I thought. I'm in final year now, and luckily when I was in earlier years and went out a lot, there were nitelinks on weeknights so no need for a taxi.

It's really hrash not having nitelinks. First year would not have been the same if I couldn't have gone out three times a week.

You still were missing out. Nitelink = €5. SU Nitelink = €2.
    I remember I used to only spend €20 on a night out

Oh and I was on €120 a week. Definitely didn't need all that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

100 a week + money from whatever work i can get around the neighbourhood at the weekends, usually come out with about 200 altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

100 a week + money from whatever work i can get around the neighbourhood at the weekends

are you a pimp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

What else? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

About €5 a day for the bus. Might spend some money on food. No job.

An age waiting for the bus to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Davidius wrote: »
    About €5 a day for the bus. Might spend some money on food. No job.

An age waiting for the bus to arrive.

Get yourself a €15, five day student rambler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Nebit

i'm living off 25euro a week, get my m8s to buy me drink up north and sure who needs food:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

€50 a week with enough money to go out three or four times a week easily.
    -Raid the presses at home at weekends. Food sorted.
    -Few bottles of red wine at the house with a few friends each night before going out. Twisted for €5!
    -Then a pint or two or a shot in the pub/club.
    -Enough money left for one take-away a week after a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Zero. Cycle in and cannot afford squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dazaazad

About 90 quid......cant get anywhere off it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Have about a hundred quid a month after bills and rent....seem to be getting on well so far, cupboards pre stocked by mother with enough pasta and noodles to last till China shuts down, cheap fruit and veg to bulk out diet, cheap cheap wine from Tesco and don't go out till late, walk and cycle everywhere, and still manage to have money to go to Bristol for a weekend and to the odd rugger match here and there! Utter madness, tbh I have no idea how I'm managing it without a job, how I manage to get such a pathetic budget to stretch so far but but I seem to, and quite well......did I mention I don't have a job? Mr Cowen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

My weekly budjet is about €40/week.

€15 for student rambler ticket.
    €5 X 5 for lunch.

I need employment, I have no money for social life. Lucky however I am living in dublin, I have sympathy for the country folk who have to pay for accomadation on top of everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

K4t wrote: »
    €50 a week with enough money to go out three or four times a week easily.
    -Raid the presses at home at weekends. Food sorted.
    -Few bottles of red wine at the house with a few friends each night before going out. Twisted for €5!
    -Then a pint or two or a shot in the pub/club.
    -Enough money left for one take-away a week after a long night.

I can't see how thats possible

How do you get home? Into clubs. Buses? Wine + 2 pints + transport + club = €25 at least...

Advertisement