Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying and Offencive behavior,Airsoft Adverts, your opinions on this?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

gandalf wrote: »
    Oh I did notice that but as that rule only was brought in yesterday it begs the question what has gone on before this.

Richie as I said this casts the whole complaint in a different light if people are "organising" elsewhere before bringing their problems here with an agenda behind it. And what Niall says suggests that people are out to get other people here which is not something I would like to find out originated from the official IAA IRC forum.

Well if you ACTUALLY HAVE anything to add then by all means post it, im looking forward to reading it. Your spreading completely unfounded hysteria and half truths at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

That would suggest that people are using IRC to co-ordinate against people and if thats the case it is extremely relevant to this so called complaint thread.

Can you put your hand on your heart and promise me that no discussion about the "unmentionable vegebles abominables" as you put it so eloquently yourself has occurred recently?

btw I was logged on as Airsoft777, it is a public facing site and it is accessible by anyone.

LOL,

that was a random string of mumbo jumbo, I am known for it on IRC, it is eloquent in its own way, you prove again, your deep knowledge of what goes on there :rolleyes: (oh god that smiley never felt so good)

Heres a news flash, Sam, is me, duh,

And I am friends with BOTH sides of this stupid argument, pm lemming, pm SniperKitty, pm Masada, pm whomever, I'm not even bloody involved.

This is a show of stupidity on your part unparalleled up until this point.

Seriously reconsider your feeble grasp of the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

And all of this has what to do with a moderator effing and blinding, threatening physical violence, posting PMs (watch a user do that on HD, and see how long it takes the admins to depart in a puff of disdain), and not only admitting to personal involvement in the metter, but revelling in it as some mark of pride, exactly? Poor show tbh.

Oh yea, you guys bateing on that you have mod buttons by rattling on about banhammers in sigs and taglines. You rock. No really.

Anyway, the guy who got banned was a muppet. I don't doubt it for a second. It's not exactly a new phenomenon. Many mods and users on this site deal with such in an effective and adult manner. And it works.

Just a thought like.

Seeing as I have been dragged into this for two reasons;

1: I posted here defending the IRC and criticising Gandalf.

2: Gandalf in his glorious ignorance of the situation drew an illogical conclusion to a random string of text.

Why is it me who has to set this straight?
    <Niall> I has a plan
    <Sam> do tell
    <Niall> I can't, it requires mentioning of unmentionables
    <Sam> Ah here, go ****e
    <Sam> unmentionable vegebles abominables
    <Niall> Basically it can remove what little credibility a formetnioned person has, and put an end to all this.

"Ah here, go shite"

This is where I made it clear that I wanted no part in the "plan", a plan can mean anything, in this case, it wasn't anything I wanted involvement in.

"unmentionable vegebles abominables"

Gibberish. It rhymes with the other posters subtle terminology, tongue is firmly in cheek at this point.

Address me directly Gandalf, given I am not involved with this dispute, know all parties involved and have no ill will to any of them, and your own utterly inept attempt to put the pieces together in one brief foray into the IRC, can you tell me why I have been accused with such certainty on your part?
    Gandalf wrote:
    That would suggest that people are using IRC to co-ordinate against people and if thats the case it is extremely relevant to this so called complaint thread.

Can you put your hand on your heart and promise me that no discussion about the "unmentionable vegebles abominables" as you put it so eloquently yourself has occurred recently?

So, if you have such a grasp of the situation, why have you gotten it so utterly wrong?

And all of this has what to do with a moderator effing and blinding, threatening physical violence, posting PMs (watch a user do that on HD, and see how long it takes the admins to depart in a puff of disdain), and not only admitting to personal involvement in the metter, but revelling in it as some mark of pride, exactly? Poor show tbh.

Thanks Rev, my point exactly.
    The mod in question has gone to great lengths to divert the attention of the thread with his reply while not addressing that key issue, the one as named in the thread title. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

And what Niall says suggests that people are out to get other people here which is not something I would like to find out originated from the official IAA IRC forum.

Well if anything it would suggest i'm out to get people, not a grand plot involving everyone.

So burn me and not the medium.

The 'plan' which, i just made up there, wasn't discussed for hours upon end in Irc, even without it it would of still been a thought in my mind anyway.

But i see how this is related to the thread how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

One word lads. Obfuscation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Oh I did notice that but as that rule only was brought in yesterday it begs the question what has gone on before this.

Richie as I said this casts the whole complaint in a different light if people are "organising" elsewhere before bringing their problems here with an agenda behind it. And what Niall says suggests that people are out to get other people here which is not something I would like to find out originated from the official IAA IRC forum.

I introduced the rule to stop a permabanned user and her boyfriend from randomly logging in as anonymous users (like you did) and taking everything said on the channel as some sort of grand conspiracy against them. It was getting boring. Since Lemming appears to be resting the blame for all his woes on the channel, I decided to remove any shadow of a doubt that the secret Hawks bullying conspiracy (which, if you can't tell because I'm not using the right smileys, doesn't exist) is not using the channel.

The very fact that Masada was the only IRC user who even posted on this thread (before it became about IRC) should tell you that, right? Did he come onto IRC and ask us to concentrate our hate beams on the thread, making it more effective with our complete lack of posts? This is a pretty ****e conspiracy tbh.

Masada came onto the channel yesterday after making the post, and pointed out his complaint here, and asked what people thought, according to my logs. Most people said things along the lines of 'meh'. Hardly what I'd call a grand conspiracy.

Pretty good topic deflection on Lemming's part, though. Hats off.

Can I just quote this again as an utterly hilarious example of getting things so badly out of context, it becomes comedy in itself?

I am so sad that you are off line Gandalf, this terrible thread and its latest absolute descent into lunacy will be bared to all the gawkers and onlookers that love a good feedback freakshow.

You have a PM from me, I'm not so nice in it, but not quite as nasty as deserved maybe, given that I have made a point of not allowing this dispute amongst others colour my view of any party involved, and have managed to remain neutral, and friends with people who aren't friends with each other, despite the bullets flying every now and again, that after all that, YOU come in, knowing nothing but claiming to know it all, and tar me with the dirtiest brush you could find.

So there's a nice request for a retraction in your PM box. You have gotten it wildly wrong after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not sure why people are dragging this into an IRC conversation..

I don't like to see any PMs published unless the user gives consent, tbh. I've removed the PM from your post Lemming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Stercus firstly I started using IRC over 15 years ago so I am very familiar with the medium. I apologise if I gave the impression that you were working against people but the fact I logged in anonymously and within a couple of minutes someone was posting ****e as posted by sod confirmed to me that their is a problem with that medium being linked onto the official IAA site. IRC is mainly used to post rubbish, how it benefits the IAA, Irish Airsoft and its goals are not clear to me now. I would have thought we would use it as a medium to answer new peoples questions etc and not as an old boys club for the regulars. Set up a separate chat room for that, which is not affiliated with the official body that represents me as an airsofter.

gerrowadat I am glad that there are logs kept I will be emailing you via the IAA today or tomorrow about that.

Was Lemming wrong to publish the pm, yes I believe he was. I wouldn't have done it. Did the PM contain personal details or anything beyond showing the user was a fool which he had already shown himself up to be publicly no. Was the user dealt with harshly yes and rightly so. He wasted the moderators time, he wasted peoples time trying to sell their wares, he badgered those people and then he set up an alternative account to get past a ban. Another user came on thread and questioned a mods decision something that he acknowledged in a thread he tried to start on here that was locked immediately by DeVore. Again I am mystified as to why he warranted a crusade?

Again Stercus I apologise if I offended you it was late and I was tired and I had a wife telling me to get my ass to bed so I may not expressed myself properly about your role and I appreciate that you are between a rock and a hard place at the moment. So am I.

I would expect that the powers that be from the IAA stand back and look at the IRC channel and analyse objectively if it is a worthwhile addition to a site that otherwise gives an impression of a very professionally run organisation something I believe the IRC channel doesn't do. If people want a channel to "fart around" in with their mates it should be somewhere other than the official channel of the IAA.

Now I am finished with this on here I am out of the house all day (not airsofting unfortunately) and I probably will not be back online until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Another user came on thread and questioned a mods decision something that he acknowledged in a thread he tried to start on here that was locked immediately by DeVore. Again I am mystified as to why he warranted a crusade?

Gandalf, two reasons for my original post (which got me banned) and the subsequent thread I started here which you refer to as a "crusade".

1. Lemming posted a PM in a public forum. Oh look at that, you agree with me.
    Was Lemming wrong to publish the pm, yes I believe he was. I wouldn't have done it.

2. Lemming said I should post in this forum
    Lemming wrote:
    If you have an issue with a moderator decision, use the feedback forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82) to raise your concerns.

There's no crusade. In my opinion the mod ****ed up and I did what he said to do. The PM has been removed by another mod which shows to me that Lemming was indeed wrong to post it.

Mods are the ones setting an example. New users look up to the mods for direction and assume they are knowledgeable on the subject in question in the forum. I very much doubt they expect to see a message sent in confidence from one user to another posted publicly nor the abusive language employed.

Firekitten wrote: »
    Yes.... Pardu13 sent Lemming a pm in confidence calling me a twat... how... private and personal to him....

I havent stepped in on this one, as the OP, but i will now. I moderate on two forums, and had this happened to me, I would have indeed posted it, dispite both of those holding similar rules to boards.

I have to say, I love this response, it comes up 99.9% of the time when theres a discussion of a moderator. "I Moderate on another forum etc etc, even in this thread alone its already been used rach, sorry.
    The user f***ed up, the user whined to the moderator calling the OP a very naughty word... a personal attack infact...

Oh, and of course. naughty words are a no no arnt they? hang on... Ah yes i get it, its perfectly fine when your partner does it to abuse people, and only in this situation then...
    I think in the interest of everyone's sanity, the admins should lock this, Its been dealt with.

No it hasn't, and not even nearly so.

Your partner has though, done a great job of doing "the long way around" and making up and almost "Dan Brown'esque" tale while very slickly refusing to adress the concerns set out very clearly in the title and original post.
    To wit. Lemming using bullying tactics, bad language in the entreme, and publically posting PMs to ridicule the poster and make himself look like some dark adverts lord.
    Stercus firstly I started using IRC over 15 years ago so I am very familiar with the medium. I apologise if I gave the impression that you were working against people but the fact I logged in anonymously and within a couple of minutes someone was posting ****e as posted by sod confirmed to me that their is a problem with that medium being linked onto the official IAA site. IRC is mainly used to post rubbish, how it benefits the IAA, Irish Airsoft and its goals are not clear to me now. I would have thought we would use it as a medium to answer new peoples questions etc and not as an old boys club for the regulars. Set up a separate chat room for that, which is not affiliated with the official body that represents me as an airsofter.

Where have you come up with all this cr@p about the IRC channel? you are not even a regular user of the IRC channel yet you seen to have some major conspiracy theories going on. I dont think i have ever, ONCE even seen you in there.
    I appreciate that you are between a rock and a hard place at the moment. So am I.

Yeah, ok.
    Its not a secret your good self and Lemming are personal friends Paul. sorry to shatter that one for ya but you are about as "on the fence" as firekitten here.

I don't know why AlternateID and Moggser have been brought into this also,
    As far as im aware AlternateID didnt post here until his name was mentioned in the thread.

Moggser, a far as i can see STILL hasnt got involved in this yet he was also named in Lemmings "The usual Suspects". I can only assume they were brought into the fold to aid with lemmings major traffic diversion in an attempt to take the spotlight off of his own unacceptable actions.

The most dramatical and poorly thought out conspiracy theory i have seen to date Lemming. :)

Are you going to edit out the roundabout accusations aimed at me Gandalf? Apologies are all well and good but leaving the posts as is, they are just going to get read again and again until this circus of a thread dies, with such limited context, your accusations may hold some influence over how I am perceived in this thing.

I suggest you take your campaign for the removal of the IRC to the IAA forums, it is certainly not a boards.ie feedback issue.

I did tell you to take your own advice several posts ago not to discuss the IRC here before I was dragged into having to defend my position in all of this, undeservedly, due to your fervent attempts to find a straw man.

Do edit your posts to reflect my actual position in this, not the one you have portrayed, there is no justifiable reason not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Guys... PLEASE! Y'all are going WAY off the topic now and its getting retarded. Why dont we just stop it with the animosity and all be friends like in the old days? Or are all you boyos just jealous of something? Feelin inadequete perhaps...?

Oh well guys, shut up, sit down, and let the mods deal with it. If you aint a mod, shut up. I aint a mod, and this is my final word. Requesting locking of thread pending y'all apologisin to poor Lemming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Gordon wrote: »
    Not sure why people are dragging this into an IRC conversation..

I don't like to see any PMs published unless the user gives consent, tbh. I've removed the PM from your post Lemming.
    Ah cool, good to have clarification on that. 'twas the main thing I was wondering about as posting PM's doesn't seem to be the 'done thing' on boards.

As for the rest of this thread, from a non-invested interest point of view, it seems that the Irish airsoft community is almost too close and intertwined, hence disagreements are getting blown out of proportion. How to sort it, I haven't a clue, but it does seem like it actually has little (if anything) to do with boards at all.

*backs slowly out of thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Phractal wrote: »
    Guys... PLEASE! Y'all are going WAY off the topic now and its getting retarded. Why dont we just stop it with the animosity and all be friends like in the old days? Or are all you boyos just jealous of something? Feelin inadequete perhaps...?

Oh well guys, shut up, sit down, and let the mods deal with it. If you aint a mod, shut up. I aint a mod, and this is my final word. Requesting locking of thread pending y'all apologisin to poor Lemming.

As you were so kind to point out, you aren't a Mod either. So in fairness, your last word shouldn't be telling other users to "shut up".

Blowfish wrote: »
    Ah cool, good to have clarification on that. 'twas the main thing I was wondering about as posting PM's doesn't seem to be the 'done thing' on boards.

As for the rest of this thread, from a non-invested interest point of view, it seems that the Irish airsoft community is almost too close and intertwined, hence disagreements are getting blown out of proportion. How to sort it, I haven't a clue, but it does seem like it actually has little (if anything) to do with boards at all.

*backs slowly out of thread*

You have a good point, And i am a member of the Irish Airsoft association.

The whole issue has been sewn into an IAA badge so lemming can discredit his actions in the thread.

I merely asked people here on Feedback to read the thread and give their opinions. most people reading this would know little of the airsoft forum and its members, so are impartial.

Very few of the people lemming claimed were behind this "gang" are actually involved in this thread at all and its a weak attempt at discrediting the thread and myself.
    Poccington wrote: »
    As you were so kind to point out, you aren't a Mod either. So in fairness, your last word shouldn't be telling other users to "shut up".

Theres no thanks button poccington, but concider this an equal.
    Phractal has added little to the thread and is in no opsition to be telling people to shut up.
    If you don't want to read this phractal, simply dont look at it.

MASADA, Poddington: I know bloody well I aint a mod, and I am reading this, in DISGUST, and finding it highly amusing. I was merely pointing out how pointless this all is.

And MASADA, how can one add to a pointless thread save to point out its futility and to provide an unbiased opinion as a third party observer? I read ALL the relavent materials from both perspectives AND I see BOTH your points as valid, but at first I wanted to point out that I saw this as a gang beating by the Band of Hawks of two airsofters. I am sure if one looked closely they would agree with my viewpoint. I merely point out, and most experienced admins would agree, moderators dont HAVE to be pleasant. Being unpleasant is often a more effective way to get a harsh message through to repeat offenders.

Poddington: You are the mod, I aint trying to step on your toes. I apologise.

All: AS you can see, this thread, while showing a valid point, is effectively futile as it brings nothing new to light, only exposes the animosity.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poccington

Poddington, I agree and again I apologise for being out of place.

Quote:
    Originally posted by Masada
    Theres no thanks button poccington, but concider this an equal.
    Phractal has added little to the thread and is in no opsition to be telling people to shut up.
    If you don't want to read this phractal, simply dont look at it.

Oh but Masada... I am enjoying this! I dont agree with it but find it hilarious! I retract my 'shut up' statement as it would deprive me, and fellow readers, of much amusement. Stop embarassing yourself - today in the Gaf a LOAD of us read this and found it 'the bloody funniest thing ever, grown men making asses outta themselves!' and the girls present said 'hahahaha those guys, such idiots lol' and I merely nodded and smiled. Dont be the arse of everyones joke if this backfires!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

What I would love to know is why the Band of Hawks name has been dragged into this? I'm not a member of the team but I've played with/against them and their members contribute greatly to airsoft and somewhere along the line this thread has been twisted from Masada making a valid compalint about moderation to "oh noes teh band of hawks are gona get uz".

I'm not gonna speak for them but it pains me greatly to listen to the good name of a team be slandered by people who have never even met any of them.

Also I fail to see how Masada is "embarassing" himself as Phractal claims, he's made valid points here and he's been rounded on, and before this is turned into me "supporting Richie and the BOH" or whatever crap someone will attempt to spin it into, I don't support either side, and frankly this thread saddens me.

• Advertisement

Blay: They are a lovely friendly team, and its admirable that they stand up for each other. But how about we all just be friends? Pretty please?

MASADA, Poddington: I know bloody well I aint a mod, and I am reading this, in DISGUST, and finding it highly amusing. I was merely pointing out how pointless this all is.

And MASADA, how can one add to a pointless thread save to point out its futility and to provide an unbiased opinion as a third party observer? I read ALL the relavent materials from both perspectives AND I see BOTH your points as valid, but at first I wanted to point out that I saw this as a gang beating by the Band of Hawks of two airsofters.

Hmm, How exactly do we come to this conclusion phractal? I am the only person here from the team who made the complaint.

I have asked more than 3 times for these silly claims to be proven and they've been specifically ignored because they are untrue. Fact.
    I merely point out, and most experienced admins would agree, moderators dont HAVE to be pleasant. Being unpleasant is often a more effective way to get a harsh message through to repeat offenders.

Moderators don't have to be pleasant, but mods have a responsibility to act within the charter as every other member of boards.ie does. Part and parcel of this is to remain civil and respectful, not to engage in collecting curse words like some sort of totty trumps cards only to accidentially spill them all on your keyboard. personal abuse is against the charter and you seem to have overlooked entire range of points just to tell us about your 1337 bomb sQAd Pyrr0 mods skilz with as many intelectual words as you can come up with, regardless of weather they actually fit together.
    Oh but Masada... I am enjoying this! I dont agree with it but find it hilarious! I retract my 'shut up' statement as it would deprive me, and fellow readers, of much amusement. Stop embarassing yourself - today in the Gaf a LOAD of us read this and found it 'the bloody funniest thing ever, grown men making asses outta themselves!' and the girls present said 'hahahaha those guys, such idiots lol' and I merely nodded and smiled. Dont be the arse of everyones joke if this backfires!

Im glad your amused, your welcome.

Is there anything constructive you would like to add to the thread other than the ramblings of a 17 year old child?
    Im quite impressed by the fact your friends are measured in "loads" and a past time of yours is sitting on the internet feeling cool with all yore m8z! BeB0 Rulez!
    Anyway, i wont "shutup" thanks,

Weren't you due your last word some hours ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Masada wrote: »
    Moderators don't have to be pleasant, but mods have a responsibility to act within the charter as every other member of boards.ie does. Part and parcel of this is to remain civil and respectful

Just to add to this I have never in nearly 3 years here read a post from any of the other airsoft mods with "fcuk, c*nt" threats of "beatings" etc in them. There's no need for it, they just take action on the thread and do it politely with no big drama made about it.

Good post blay,
    and your right, mods can be tough while remaining civil. it should not go the way of barking physical threats of slaps, beatings, etc etc.
    example would be Rew or O1s1n, both can be see as tough mods, and ya don't always agree with them but they only step in when its necessary and tell it straight, without scoring record mileage on the swear filter.

Moderators don't have to be pleasant, but mods have a responsibility to act within the charter as every other member of boards.ie does. Part and parcel of this is to remain civil and respectful, not to engage in collecting curse words like some sort of totty trumps cards only to accidentially spill them all on your keyboard. personal abuse is against the charter and you seem to have overlooked entire range of points just to tell us about your 1337 bomb sQAd Pyrr0 mods skilz with as many intelectual words as you can come up with, regardless of weather they actually fit together.

Masada I see your point, I overlooked the charter a bit. I will take your word on it.

I find your saying '1337 bomb sQAd Pyrr0 mods skilz' VERY offensive but I wont rise to the bait. AS an explosive enthusiast and serious chemist, I daresay you seriously underestimate my type. WE are not the 'k3wl 1337 ph33r50m3 pyr00# types who build pipebombs and 'm-80's' and such rubbish, instead I prefer to experiment with substances like Triaminotrinitrobenzene or cyclotrimethylaminetrinitrosoamine or the nitrotetrazolate salts. Such are the things Los Almos are experimenting on and are current cutting edge despite being rather old developments. We also develop more efficient charge design and energetic compounds - some of my own charge designs surpass those of Dynamit Nobel AG in both performance and safety. I know all about safety as pyrotechnics and energetics is not a forgiving hobby and has injured me in the past - safety is a priority. My knowledge lead to my promotion to moderator, not my rudeness or ability to curse and make explicit and abusive statements.

Insulting me because I have a large vocabulary is futile - I get that abuse 5 days a week. Blame honours english if you wish.

Im glad your amused, your welcome.

Is there anything constructive you would like to add to the thread other than the ramblings of a 17 year old child?
    Im quite impressed by the fact your friends are measured in "loads" and a past time of yours is sitting on the internet feeling cool with all yore m8z! BeB0 Rulez!
    Anyway, i wont "shutup" thanks,

Weren't you due your last word some hours ago?

Now first, I was merely pointing out you were sounding a tad foolish and that impartial witnesses agreed. Not all were friends - the Gaf is a youth cafe.

Second: Calling me out on my age is totally uncalled for. I aint your average seventeen year old lad. I have the independance and cranial capacity do do the unthinkable. I also have the drive to attempt the impossible on occasion.

Third: Insulting me cos I like to use the internet? Now thats just downright unpleasant - I do, in fact, spend an inordinate amount of time online as I spend an inordinate amount of time at home! And I like to spend long hours online doing research into whatever interests me - a large and varied field of interest. Furthermore, I actually dislike 'bebo' and such - I cannot quite see the appeal. Also, the 'text language' is vile and hideous raping of the english language which is why I do not use it, and barely condone its use.

Fourth: You have freedom of speech. Keep talking if you so wish - it wont bother me. Also my last word WOULD have been hours ago but I was talked to and decided it would be rude to not parcipitate in a conversation I was involved in.

Yeah, ok phractal,
    calling you out on your age was harsh, since sitting around on the internet with all your mates "bursting your ass laughing" at me "embarrasing myself"

Act mature and you'll be treated with maturity.

It should also be noted (from the charter funnily enough) that we do not have freedom of speech here, nor do you have the right to shut people up. we must abide by the rules in place and if you respect those rules the environment within the forum is pleasurable. until the rules are broken of course.

Masada. I apologise as I see that some of what I said could be rather offensive. I also see how the Charter does restrict some speech. And the rules serve their purpose, as they are meant to.

Some of my 'rambling' may seem OT but my posts, seen as an entire unit rather than dissected line-by-line, make perfect sense. The OT about other boards was to explain what type moderation I am used to, to explain my viewpoint.

I now actually see that this thread is rather valid, if you see it as not targeted at anyone in particular - rather that they brought it to your attention.

So all friends again eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Blay wrote: »
    What I would love to know is why the Band of Hawks name has been dragged into this? I'm not a member of the team but I've played with/against them and their members contribute greatly to airsoft and somewhere along the line this thread has been twisted from Masada making a valid compalint about moderation to "oh noes teh band of hawks are gona get uz".

I'm not gonna speak for them but it pains me greatly to listen to the good name of a team be slandered by people who have never even met any of them.

Also I fail to see how Masada is "embarassing" himself as Phractal claims, he's made valid points here and he's been rounded on, and before this is turned into me "supporting Richie and the BOH" or whatever crap someone will attempt to spin it into, I don't support either side, and frankly this thread saddens me.

Good post.

In fairness, I (and the team) have met Lemming and FireKitten a few times, so it's not like they're complete strangers. It's kinda hard to attend any major overseas event without bumping into Lemming :-)

It is a shame though. I wouldn't have to step into this thread at all if it wasn't for the accusations against the IRC regulars, and my team. Lemming and SK seem to have gotten it into their heads that the Hawks are out to 'get' them, and they don't seem to care whose good name they dirty in their burning desire to be right and have the last word. As I see it, it's just Masada that had a problem with the moderation, but the Hawks appear to have been dragged into the whole thing, for no good reason.

Richie isn't in any leadership position in the Band of Hawks, so he doesn't speak for them. I am, so let me say this: I'm quite honestly shocked that an entire team of almost 20 people has been dragged through the mud on this thread by a boards moderator, just because one member made a complaint against that moderator. There are accusations on here that are just plain untrue. Myself and my team are being accused of bullying, which goes way beyond cheating or any other offence a team can collectively commit. The conduct in this thread by Lemming and Firekitten far, far outstrips that in the thread being complained about.

Absolutely.

I don't have any problem with you Phractal,

I merely wanted to highlight what i see to be excessive abuse of moderator powers and for people to give their opinions. unfortunately

this has been railroaded to involve a whole range of people who arn't even in this thread, let alone involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I'm gonna keep this concise coz i'm here due to my team name being smeared.

1. Personally i think the actions of the mod have been justified with the pm being removed by an admin on the initial report. I have no opinion of the following bans etc.

2. The conspiracy on irc is a complete fabrication (it has no place here)

3. Bringing IRC into this has muddled the issue (it has no place here)

4. The assasination of my team (the Band of Hawks) has no grounds (it has no place here).

So yeah I'm appauled to see that this was allowed to continue like this.
    Surely this should have been a report from a boards user with the mod in question explaining himself and only other mods/admins looking into it. As its feedback i would have expected a "ruling" on the mods actions and for it to be left at that. People playing the old broken record and reliving old issues was pathetic and as above has no place here.

Finally, yes my team are a very tight group of mates and as such some will surely defend one another, as would any group of mates, but to bring my team into it was poor form. I'm not going to continue this any further or look for an apology from those trying to smear our name and i thank those who came forward as character references.

Finally, as above, can an admin make a ruling on the inital complaint and be done with this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement