Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network provider -International text messages_?

• 17-09-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

Mod's not sure if this is the correct place so feel free to move.

I'm currently with Vodafone on a prepay plan, Ready to go. The last couple of months i have being texting a International number in the USA and id would say already i've spent close to €80 this month and thats just texting :).

I'm wondering if anyone knows what would be my best options about maybe changing to someone that offers cheap international texts. I had a look at Vodafone website but didnt find anything of any use.

Pleassssssssssse help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Aidan78

Hi OP,

I send a lot of international messages also. I'm with O2 and it's great if you have regular internet access. They offer 250 text messages per month online, and they can be sent to international numbers.

Saves me a fortune every month, as my girlfriend lives in Spain. 25 cent a message does add up to a pretty pricey sum, as you're finding out.

Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Aidan78 wrote: »
    Hi OP,

I send a lot of international messages also. I'm with O2 and it's great if you have regular internet access. They offer 250 text messages per month online, and they can be sent to international numbers.

You can send International texts from o2 website? I know with Vodafone its only mobile numbers within Ireland.
    Aidan78 wrote: »
    Saves me a fortune every month, as my girlfriend lives in Spain. 25 cent a message does add up to a pretty pricey sum, as you're finding out.
    Aidan

I'm with Vodafone and i think its 18cent for International text messages. I was looking at switching to o2 and getting the Iphone so i was interested but at the moment Vodafone seems cheaper from you have said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Vodafone look set to launch international text messaging via the webtext function very soon, and they're also set to up the number of webtexts per month to 600 (this was the winning result in their Mission Red poll). This, combined with a program such as cabbage texter means you could send webtexts from your handset. Use the Ready to Go ISP data access point and it would probably cost you no more than a couple of cent a month to text.

At this very moment though, only O2 offers international texting to other GSM networks, but they only offer 250 texts per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Kensington wrote: »
    Vodafone look set to launch international text messaging via the webtext function very soon, and they're also set to up the number of webtexts per month to 600 (this was the winning result in their Mission Red poll). This, combined with a program such as cabbage texter means you could send webtexts from your handset. Use the Ready to Go ISP data access point and it would probably cost you no more than a couple of cent a month to text.

Whats this program called Cabbage texter? I found a website online that you can use for cheap International calls and text message cost 3cent but its to much hassle and when you send a text it takes 5min before you receive it.

That information is very interesting, thanks. I must check out their missionred website,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Vanbis wrote: »
    Whats this program called Cabbage texter? website,

Here is where you'll find out about Cabbage. It's an application which allows you to send webtexts from your phone.

And it uses very little data, so it won't cost much at all. Less than a cent per text (I think).

I recommend it. It would be perfect for you once Vodafone bring in the 600 international web texts. You will be able to send them from your phone like a normal sms instead of having to go to the bother of sending them from a computer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement