Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need tips for multi-tabling

Options
  • 17-09-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

I could do with some tips for moving into multi tabling.

At the moment I usually play two tables.

I'd like to get up to 6-8. Not sure I could do more, cos my (cash) game is quite LAG.

A couple of questions:

(1) What are the best sites for multitabling (ie "got focus" works properly)?
    (2) What sites have bad software for this?
    (3) Any tricks for keeping track of your image on each table?
    (4) What do you do when 3/4 tables all want a decision at the same time?
    (5) What are the best scripts (bet pot etc)?
    (6) Any other tips??

Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Stars with TableNinja. Stars brings up the next table when its up to you, TN autoclicks timebank and Im back on other tables if you have a decision. Starting and finishing sessions with TN saves a lot of hassle aswell. I have my stats for each table up in hud for image, managing 1100 hand an hour 12 tabling with no timeouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

bohsman wrote: »
    Stars with TableNinja. Stars brings up the next table when its up to you, TN autoclicks timebank and Im back on other tables if you have a decision. Starting and finishing sessions with TN saves a lot of hassle aswell. I have my stats for each table up in hud for image, managing 1100 hand an hour 12 tabling with no timeouts.

That's good stuff. Thanks.

Do you have any stats on how mutitabling affects your winrate? I assume you can't play your a-game all the time and you botch hands occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

My winrate is a lot lower playing one table than about 4. That's because I only ever play one table when drinking though....

Every site will be fine for up to 8 tables. Betfair perhaps might be a bit ghey at times, but other than that all sites are pretty much fine.

There are no tricks really. Just practice at knowing your image and being aware of everyone else's image at each table, and remembering history vs certain guys.

Its very rare to have a decision on 3/4 tables at the same time. I'd imagine its in the region of >25,000/1. Almost all your decisions in hold'em should be relatively simple. As you play more hands, the proportion of decisions which are "difficult" come down as well.

Best scripts depend on which site your playing on. I don't use any anyway, and don't think they're hugely necessary if you play <8 tables. For more than that, I'd guess that they're pretty vital.

Don't rush into playing loads of tables if you're only used to 2 though. Just gradually build them up, cos otherwise you'll find yourself playing really badly, and either being meganitty or spewing like mad. Took me about a year of playing 6 tables before I could play 8 comfortably, but I still don't like doing it. I didn't put much effort into mass multitabling though.

The really main point about multitabling is not to play like a bot though. Make sure that you are thinking about every decision, and be able to adapt and take non-straightforward lines from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭NiPoker

(1) What are the best sites for multitabling (ie "got focus" works properly)?
    You cant go wrong with Full Tilt, Ipoker or Stars, but the games are much tougher there than on Euro sites. (On Stars/FT that is)

(2) What sites have bad software for this?
    I'd stay away from 888 or Betfair, I really dislike the Cake Poker software too.

(3) Any tricks for keeping track of your image on each table?
    You can get software that tracks your poker stats, ie. How many hands you have played, what % of hands you are raising/calling etc.. from there you can determine if your playing too nitty or too loose. PM me if you want more information on how to use it.

(4) What do you do when 3/4 tables all want a decision at the same time?
    Its like playing a computer game, just go with the flow and dont panic. If you cant handle 3-4 tables i'd stick to 2 until your confident and add one more in, rinse repeat.

(5) What are the best scripts (bet pot etc)?

I dont use scripts, wouldn't recommend them. A poker site can very easily prohibit them, and when they do you'll have to get used to playing with out again. The only script I use is a table mod to make things look cleaner, I play mainly cash games so I wouldn't really know if theres many essential ones for tournaments.

(6) Any other tips??
    I would stick to 3-4 tables ideally, any more and I think it can affect your winrate/concentration. Although thats just me. I was a solid 4ptbb winner (won 4 bigblinds per every 100 hands) at NL $2/4 cash just playing 4 tables. I started playing 6 to get more hands in, and as a result it has decreased my winrate, so back to 4 I go.

Advertisement