Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you on a budget????

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

So how are the finances this year guys....

I have a budget of about 120 a week after rent, but this has to include my petrol which will prob b 30-40 a week... so 80 isnt dat much if you go out durin the week....

What does every1 else have to spend....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

after bus fare... id say around... 12.50 :L i think i need a job :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

acer911 wrote: »
    I have a budget of about 120 a week after rent, but this has to include my petrol which will prob b 30-40 a week..

E30-40 a week on petrol :eek: Are you commuting from donegal in a BMW??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

haha take your car keys and tie them to a big balloon,

anyway , everyone has a budget just how big or small of one
    about 150 -170 a week , without rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

100 a week after rent - 30-50 or so of that goes to food, and another 20 to materials for the course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

drogbaa wrote: »
    E30-40 a week on petrol :eek: Are you commuting from donegal in a BMW??

maybe he's a bit of a racer ;) Or on the opposing end, one of those people who travel at 40mph on second gear *shudder* ;)

I'm definitely on budget, but I don't know how much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Neal_B

I'm on a great budget of about €280 a week, but I have to pay €2300 for fees.
    Also I have to work 25 - 30 hrs a week to get that, on top of college.
    My budget may have to shoot to €0 a week very soon:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

I get my 20 quid from the parents a week for a bus ticket, generally dont go out during the week cos Im in early the next day, if I do it's usually for Cans in a gaf. Mite head out on a friday nite tho, but doin it cheap... so my budget would probably be around 30 quid a week.

Usually bring in lunch everyday too

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

maybe he's a bit of a racer ;) Or on the opposing end, one of those people who travel at 40mph on second gear *shudder* ;)

I'm definitely on budget, but I don't know how much.

Deffo neither of them, i drive a bloody one ltr polo... but its about 300kms from dublin to wex, round trip, and i do a bit of drivin in between so...

livin near d airport, stupid decision really shold live on the south side but ive no friends so have to live out there...:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dave03

Crouching tiger....hidden nagan(x2) usually does wonders for my budgeting:p.......not so much for my ability to walk and talk:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Went over 60 on my first week in Dublin really need to curb my spending if I hadn't gone out and bought some clothes I would have saved 100 euro , oops:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Whatever I can scrimmage together, really need a job.

Dave03 wrote: »
    Crouching tiger....hidden nagan(x2) usually does wonders for my budgeting:p.......not so much for my ability to walk and talk:rolleyes:
    True :D
    Hmmm....have dropped my Cv to many a place, hope someone shows pity on me and hires me xD...for now though its whatever i ask for from the 'rents xD :cool::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

250 a month, 75 on a bus ticket so that's 175 a month.. approx 44 a week, which is to go on food... Although I aim to actually spend 75 a month and save 100..... We'll see :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dave03

250 a month, 75 on a bus ticket so that's 175 a month.. approx 44 a week, which is to go on food... Although I aim to actually spend 75 a month and save 100..... We'll see :P

Sounds like your in a better position than most!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

it does? :confused:

250 a month for everything really isn't all that much. Usually can't afford to go out at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Dave03 wrote: »
    Sounds like your in a better position than most!:D

No it doesnt, thats essentially 60 euro a week so where your getting that from I dunno. Me about 80 euro per week including food and bus ticket and ESB.

Advertisement