Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxi Gas Boiler not working

• 17-09-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a Baxi Solo 2 50PF gas boiler the fan led comes on but no pilot led follows.
    I checked for voltage at the Gas main and pilot valves but got nothing, looks like it might be the PCB. A new one is 300 quid. I don't want to spend that much on the boiler as it's fairly old. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 L1979

Had a similar fault a couple of years ago.
    Is the boiler clicking to try and ignite? you can see a slight spark through the little window.
    With mine it wasn't but i could hear a clicking from the main pcb.
    Which i found to be a dry joint on one of the relays, resoldered and jobs a goodin.
    Otherwise if you see a spark in the window you may need to clean the contacts to ensure spark is not impeeded.
    My fault occured on a friday morning so I purchased replacement PCB from HM before weekend and returned no questions asked Monday. No need for a cold weekend.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Also a good crowd for pcbs is
    http://www.keeptheheaton.com

Cheaper than buying locally and delivery is fairly fast. You just need the correct part number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NRG_NRG

Sorry I was away and only getting back online now. No L1979 I can't see any sparks. I was talking to a guy I met and he said to check the fan is running, even though the fan Led comes on, the fan may not be running he had a similar problem. He was right the fan was not turning I gave it a push and it ran for a couple of minutes very noisy though, I took the fan out but the connections on the pressure switch broke off, I could see nothing wrong with the fan so I connected it up to the mains it seem to run okay on the bench. Does anyone know, is the fan connected to the pressure switch and would a faulty pressure switch cause the fan to work intermittently. I'd appreciate any help thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seancot

hi ihave a baxi gas burner = 35/60 flame will ignite for afew seconds then go out
    and then repeats same thing
    app any help

thanks sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 pigeon 1982

you shouldnt be going near the boiler unless your rgi regestered its the law, i know how you fix it you get an rgi engineer out to inspect it:P thats what there trained to do serves you right for breaking it more to many know it alls out there at the moment messin with gas!

• Advertisement
Advertisement