Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cots for giving away?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I have two perfect cots. One is a normal cot, the other is a cot that converts to a bed for a toddler. Both are perfect and as good as new. Both have matresses (if wanted) which are allergy proof etc and also v.clean. I'm not sure what to do with them at the moment.

If anyone on here has any suggestions or a genuine need for these cots then let me know. It would be a shame to discard them. I'm thinking charity shop or St vincent paul, but if anyone in the Cork area is looking then them for non profit purposes then they can pick them up for free.

I also have a large amount of nice girls clothes from year dot to about 3yrs, I would like to offer all this stuff to any new parent that is interested in this stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Giving them to a charity is a great idea, or try freecycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

You could post them on adverts.ie in the free stuff category

http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=42

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

jumbletown.ie is good too.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Our local VdeP were always grateful to recieve baby furniture, it was always in demand. But new mattresses are recommended, so you may have to sling those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katieboo84

put them up on jumbletown.ie or put a sign up in ur local shop, if you give them to a charity shop then sum1 will end up payin sumit for them and some people just dont have the money these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

katieboo84 wrote: »
    put them up on jumbletown.ie or put a sign up in ur local shop, if you give them to a charity shop then sum1 will end up payin sumit for them and some people just dont have the money these days.

Good point, I think I will advertise locally for these cots. As a sidenote I'm thinking that a community minded effort with passing of resources locally might be a good idea, it would offer others resources in the community whilst promoting connections in the community as well. A bit like the older days when a neighbour could knock on your door and ask for a pint of milk or a cup of sugar when they were stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katieboo84

i had to do that lastnight for 2 tea bags lol, the shame!!!! but i was gaspin and the child was in the bed asleep and i was on my own as per usual. hahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You could put them up on freetrade on www.dublinwaste.ie

I put a bed up, an hour later got a call on it and that afternoon it was gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello was just interested which county are you from? as i would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

bumping this as I didn't notice the guest post so it's only just been approved. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Just to let people know the cots have gone. One to a charity shop and the other to an interested party. Sorry. I do have lots and lots of quality clothes for girls though if still interested 'baby mama'. Strictly non profit though.

Cork City area by the way.

Advertisement