Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judge shot in court accidently

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    .There is a procedure for displaying evidence in court,wether if is a toy,a rocket launcher or whatever.especially firearms,wether real or toys,and a lawyer just pitching up with evidence in his breifcase is highly irregular.

There is procedure in criminal cases for the handling of evidence, I'm not sure how it is handled in civil cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If it is prima fascie evidence,it has to be presented ,signed and accounted for in a correct manner by procedure.Thats irrespective of criminal or civil cases.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

If it is prima fascie evidence,it has to be presented ,signed and accounted for in a correct manner by procedure.Thats irrespective of criminal or civil cases.

But to whom is it presented to in civil cases? It's certainly not the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Should be presented to both defence and plantiff....It is an odd one,as firearms of any type[without being pendantic as to what this was] dont usually figure in family cases as evidence...[Apart from the soon to be ex wife playing very dirty on a few husbands and saying they were threatened by the hubby,thussly him losing his liscenses....Be aware of that one guys..It has happened,and it is a pain to prove otherwise:(:(:mad:].
    Actually,doesnt a member of the Garda have to be present in all Irish Courts of law???Isnt it part of what constitutes a properly recognised and formatted court constitutionally wise????

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

QUOTE=Grizzly 45;62175039]Should be presented to both defence and plantiff....It is an odd one,as firearms of any type[without being pendantic as to what this was] dont usually figure in family cases as evidence...[/quote]

That doesn't explain who other than the solicitors should be responsible for evidence in a civil case.
    Actually,doesnt a member of the Garda have to be present in all Irish Courts of law???Isnt it part of what constitutes a properly recognised and formatted court constitutionally wise????

There's nothing in the Constitution about requiring Gardaí in court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Wasn't a firearm it was a toy gun. Doesn't raise any safety issues as it was only a toy. It was just a great laugh.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I'm locking this thread. I don't think there's much more to be said about it other than more people bringing their schadenfreude to bear on it.

On the discussion regarding proper presentation of evidence, it might be better discussed in the Legal Discussion forum. If ye PM me I'll copy over some of your posts there so that you can continue the discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement