Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town Council

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭

My town council have done nothing.

I am a resident in an estate that is still under the control of the developer, whoever that is, as the bond has changed hands so many times.
    we have a residents association who work very well on behalf of the residents of the estate.
    the association has been going strong for 2.5 years and they have been in contact with the town council for most of the 2.5 years trying to rectify the problems within the estate.
    whenever there is a meeting with the town council, there is supposed to be a report written up and sent to kildare co co which is then supposed to be acted upon within 28 days.
    these are the processes that are supposed to be in place.

not once over the last 2.5 years has the town council done what it is supposed to do, not once has a report been written and sent to the county council.
    they have reneged on all their promises.

only now in the last 3 days has a report being drawn up by a local county councillor on behalf of the residents of the estate.
    they should be ashamed of themselves for the service they have provided to the residents of the estate.

if not appropriate for this thread please advise and i will move to ranting and raving. just thought it would be more appropriate here.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

Athy

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Naas had similar problems a few years ago. Hassle your TDs and call the Leinster leader newspaper to run a story on it.

I know of one estate in Naas that wasn't taken over by the town council for 14 years!

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

The developer would have had to posted a bond with the council. You need to find out how much this amount is. Then hold an agm of the estate and see how many people want to wait until the council takes the estate back, or if people would prefer to take this bond and use it yourselves to get the estate finished. You then hold a plebiscite of residents and if te majority approve you can take the money and the estate in hand yourselves. Only problem is that the council will never take it off you if you do this.

Advertisement