Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Flash Question,

• 18-09-2009 12:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Im in the market for a flash at the moment, i use a D80 and have been looking at the SB600 and SB800 flash. I just wanted to know if anyone knows of a camera shop that opens weekends or late on thursdays? I tried berminghams this evening but they close early, Gunns closes same time as far as i know.

Also, where would be a good place to pick up a used one and what would be the average price each would sell for, guestimate of course. :)

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

Sorry, wrong forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Me?
    This is the photography forum, or am i missing something?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

right forum. sb6d hand. oddd on00 and sb800 aint too common second hand. odd one pops up on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

right forum. sb6d hand. oddd on00 and sb800 aint too common second hand. odd one pops up on adverts

Posting Under the infulence Mele?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Second-hand SB600 tend to go for €120 - €170, SB800 for €230 - €260, approx.
    Based on memory of some Adverts.ie past items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Posting Under the infulence Mele?

lol, was gonna say that myself....

thanks guys,

Ive been keeping an eye on adverts for a while without luck. I'll just have to persevere. :)

thanks for the replys.
    Richie,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Stick with the SB600, the extra money just isn't worth the SB800.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 frroggy

Reoil wrote: »
    Stick with the SB600, the extra money just isn't worth the SB800.

I so disagree on that one! I have both and can tell you the Sb800 is well worth the extra money!!! Compare both, think what you need to use them for and decide for yourself but the sb800 offers A LOT more... Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I stumbled across the SB 600 in conns this evening so i picked that up. Was a pleasent visit too and the sale chap was a sound guy. I didnt really like the place after a previous experience but i left a lot happier this evening. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Good news, I've never been myself but needed something last week and they were very obliging putting it aside with my name for the day awaiting a friend to collect it, good to hear when there is good service, too often we only hear of bad experiences (I dont mean conns i mean retail in general)

I had a bad experience at my last visit, I actually found out about conns from this forum a long time ago and heard only great things about them.

I went in knowing exactly what i was looking for. A computreker lowepro bag for my camera and laptop.

I asked an assistant if they had one and he brought me to the bags. I saw it but he made the point of showing me the entire range even though i named the particular one i wanted. this wasn't too bad but i stopped him halfway through telling me all about the current bag im using (not laptop compatible) and pointed out which one i wanted politely, he stopped with with "just a sec" and continued what he was saying.

I had no interest at all, i already own the bag (an orion treker). i got through 2-3 bags before he showed me the computreker. i didnt really like it after all and asked if he had anything else with a side access panel similar to the slingshot range only able to carry a laptop. he replied with "no the laptop bags from lowepro are all 2 straps". so i said, "oh i don't mind how many straps it has, its just the access panel like on the slingshot im interested in, dont like having to take the bag off all the time to remove the camera". and he returned with "yeah, butt the only bags lowepro do that'll take a laptop are 2 straps... "err, i dont care how many straps it has.
    Then he handed me a catalogue and told me to have a look through it, so i did and in seconds i found the Slingshot AW350, pretty my much exactly what i was looking for.
    He rang his supplier and then told me lowepro dont sell it over in ireland and the computreker is the best i can do but it has 2 straps.

I felt like he had no interest at all and was actually just on autopilot with me. didnt answer any of my questions or even listen to what i was saying. In between all of this i was asked if i wanted help about 5-6 times., :)

I wouldnt usually be a annoyed by that.,lol :D but the sales guy had started to get on my nerves and pretty much anything was going to annoy me at that stage. So i went and bought a tamrac bag in another shop.:)

Todays sales guy was brilliant though, Ben i think, was his name, with that kinda service i will go back again.:)

Advertisement