Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD student thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

leeolee wrote: »
    two weeks! :P
    gah! i couldnt belieeeeve the amount of stuff we gotta bring in...suitcases?!?! (they should provide a bus service for all poor exhausted first years!) ...hmmm...my actually portfolio case is heavy nuff.:( im tiny! haha! i think ill have to hire a sherpa...;)
    any takers??;)
    yeah that whole uploading images and those four recordings of movment...do we like upload them onto a memory stick?..

oh yeah...and in the midst of all those pages of acceptance letter goodness, anybody check out the FIELD TRIPS?!?!?
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! X)
    think i jumped around my kitchen for a good 20 mins annoying everybody in the family...:P

what are people putting as their first choice??

(HOW random is Istanbul?!?!? :P)

apologies for the random post..:P just joined this today in search of other first years:)
    *waves*
    xxxxxx

yay hello fellow 1st year-er! emm im so undecided! i was actually gona put istanbul as my first choice only to turn on the tv the next day and see HUGE FLOODING IN ISTANBUL all over the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 leeolee

Papillon! wrote: »
    yay hello fellow 1st year-er! emm im so undecided! i was actually gona put istanbul as my first choice only to turn on the tv the next day and see HUGE FLOODING IN ISTANBUL all over the news

awh no way your joking!flooding!? typical! hahah! :S...
    where are you from?:)
    have you strated reading any of the books yet?!?! :S...
    hmm this whole 'suitcase' idea thing is a bit worrying! :L ..its gonna look hilarious to see a group of first years loookin like eejits carting round suitcases!:L...
    yeaii! im so excited tho! i havent talked to anybody else whos going..:)
    xxx

snorkeling in istanbul anyone?;) xx

snorkeling in istanbul anyone?;) xx

dya know i love an aul snorkel from time to time !
    aha what were u thinking of putting as your 1st pref?

dya know i love an aul snorkel from time to time !
    aha what were u thinking of putting as your 1st pref?

awh id actually LOVE to go snorkeling..haha ah sure feck the list of field trip options! i say we go and feck off to the great barrier reef ;)

ehm..im not sure really what to put down to be honest..=/..
    id love to go somewhere ive never been before like totally random...st petersberg sounded collld but uber fun;)
    ...new york is pretty amazo too :)
    ..paris would be nice..
    london...
    GAH! LETS DO THEM ALL MY NEW ROSCOMMON FRIEND! :D
    ;)
    xxxxxxx

• Advertisement

awh id actually LOVE to go snorkeling..haha ah sure feck the list of field trip options! i say we go and feck off to the great barrier reef ;)

ehm..im not sure really what to put down to be honest..=/..
    id love to go somewhere ive never been before like totally random...st petersberg sounded collld but uber fun;)
    ...new york is pretty amazo too :)
    ..paris would be nice..
    london...
    GAH! LETS DO THEM ALL MY NEW ROSCOMMON FRIEND! :D
    ;)
    xxxxxxx

yeah st.petersburg sounds delish!
    hey i messaged u on your profile so that we're not cloggin up threads with our excitedness :D

hey i messaged u on your profile so that we're not cloggin up threads with our excitedness :D

stupid boards wont let me comment you back..its sayin i have to have like 25 more posts to b able to wb!
    my facebook is the same as it is here, just 'leeolee'
    :)
    xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

uwaaaaaah st petersburge is my number one choice!!!!! its gonna be uber expensive though..U_U

uwaaaaaah st petersburge is my number one choice!!!!! its gonna be uber expensive though..U_U

ohh wow so you've actually decided! :O :P ...

hmmmm...it sounds kinda cold tho..but yeah! how cool would that be (no pun intended) ! :)
    *waves* are you a firstie/male/female/human too?! :P

ohh wow so you've actually decided! :O :P ...

hmmmm...it sounds kinda cold tho..but yeah! how cool would that be (no pun intended) ! :)
    *waves* are you a firstie/male/female/human too?! :P

ohh yes..actually i decided eons ago!!! st petersburge..(russia) is the second place i want to visit during my lifetime!!!!!
    the first is japan but i think they went there last year...TT__TT

oh im a girl..im 17..yesh yesh a firstie to ncad...straight out from sixth year.....is that too young??TT__TT and alas i am not a human but a clone!! lol!!XP and you??

• Advertisement

ohh yes..actually i decided eons ago!!! st petersburge..(russia) is the second place i want to visit during my lifetime!!!!!
    the first is japan but i think they went there last year...TT__TT

oh im a girl..im 17..yesh yesh a firstie to ncad...straight out from sixth year.....is that too young??TT__TT and alas i am not a human but a clone!! lol!!XP and you??

japan! awh mannnnn! :( that would've been amazo! :P yeah i wanna go somewhere totally random..i wanna either go to russia or istanbul, (im sure youv read the snorkeling comment :p ) ...hahah :)

im outta sixth year too :) im from dublin where you from??:)female, 19 and i am TOO...a clone..:P*waves*
    xxx

japan! awh mannnnn! :( that would've been amazo! :P yeah i wanna go somewhere totally random..i wanna either go to russia or istanbul, (im sure youv read the snorkeling comment :p ) ...hahah :)

im outta sixth year too :) im from dublin where you from??:)female, 19 and i am TOO...a clone..:P*waves*
    xxx

yesh yesh i read the snorkeling comments!! lol!! is there THAT much flooding over there??@_@ ahhh dublin!! so you have no problems with accomdiation?? lucky!!>< im wayyyyyyy far away from co. clare!!!!! ooohh fellow clone!!! yayness!!!!!^^ *dances* nice to meet you!!!!!!!XDDD my names Emi btw!!^^ and you??

yesh yesh i read the snorkeling comments!! lol!! is there THAT much flooding over there??@_@ ahhh dublin!! so you have no problems with accomdiation?? lucky!!>< im wayyyyyyy far away from co. clare!!!!! ooohh fellow clone!!! yayness!!!!!^^ *dances* nice to meet you!!!!!!!XDDD my names Emi btw!!^^ and you??

im not sure to be honest! the nice gilr from roscommon told me she saw it on the tv the day after putting it as her first choice hahah x)..
    CLARE?!?!? uh la dee dah! :P hows the whole accomodation thing commin along then for yah?:) hah my 'rents were actually talking about getting a student in ...lol...
    so do you know anybody else from clare who's also gotten accepted??.:P
    *yeaiii dancing randomly with new ncad friend*..im leigh :) sounds loike leanne- with out the ann bit...(im sorry a lotta people get a bit confused when they read it..lol) ...so just for future refrence..;)

awh you sound so cool:P haha :) xxxxx

im not sure to be honest! the nice gilr from roscommon told me she saw it on the tv the day after putting it as her first choice hahah x)..
    CLARE?!?!? uh la dee dah! :P hows the whole accomodation thing commin along then for yah?:) hah my 'rents were actually talking about getting a student in ...lol...
    so do you know anybody else from clare who's also gotten accepted??.:P
    *yeaiii dancing randomly with new ncad friend*..im leigh :) sounds loike leanne- with out the ann bit...(im sorry a lotta people get a bit confused when they read it..lol) ...so just for future refrence..;)

awh you sound so cool:P haha :) xxxxx

the thing is with clare ppl is that since its close to limerick they went to limerick.....BUT I WANT THE ADVENTURE OF GOING TO DUBLIN!!!!!!!XDDDDD..so i know no one in clare going to ncad...i know of a girl who applied...but she waned limerick more than ncad.....¬¬
    i think im not tooo bad in accomidation....i already have a sister living in dublin..(she's studying [email]psychology@.@)..so[/email] she's looking for a place for us to live together!!...dublins really expensive though..TT__TT

uwaaah your names like Lee then?? thats how you pronounce it?? that sounds sooo kewl!!!!!XDDDDDD

oh yesh!! ha ha im like the definition of kewl!!!XD *nerd laugh¬¬*..XDDD
    heh heh random fact!! im short!!X3

the thing is with clare ppl is that since its close to limerick they went to limerick.....BUT I WANT THE ADVENTURE OF GOING TO DUBLIN!!!!!!!XDDDDD..so i know no one in clare going to ncad...i know of a girl who applied...but she waned limerick more than ncad.....¬¬
    i think im not tooo bad in accomidation....i already have a sister living in dublin..(she's studying [email]psychology@.@)..so[/email] she's looking for a place for us to live together!!...dublins really expensive though..TT__TT

uwaaah your names like Lee then?? thats how you pronounce it?? that sounds sooo kewl!!!!!XDDDDDD

oh yesh!! ha ha im like the definition of kewl!!!XD *nerd laugh¬¬*..XDDD
    heh heh random fact!! im short!!X3

awh sounds deadly! wheres she studying?!:)
    dublin can be uber expensive yep...its lameo :(

haha uwwaahhhhdddhh your names cooler! haah emi! i love it! :)

awh mann im short too !haha theres NO WAY im gna be able to carry all that stuff in on the first day! wanna rent a sherpa with me??! ;)

added you on facebook :P x

awh sounds deadly! wheres she studying?!:)
    dublin can be uber expensive yep...its lameo :(

haha uwwaahhhhdddhh your names cooler! haah emi! i love it! :)

awh mann im short too !haha theres NO WAY im gna be able to carry all that stuff in on the first day! wanna rent a sherpa with me??! ;)

added you on facebook :P x

gaww shucks...^^

wooper!! power to ze little ppl!!^^ YESH!!! DUDE!!!!! THERES LIKE UP TO 60 THINGS IN TOTAL THEY WANT US TO BRING....PLUS ART SUPLIES...PLUS PORTFOLIO!!!!!!!!...><........
    my portfolio is almost as tall as i am...>< i dont know how ill survive!!!><

erm whats a sherpa??o.O for some reason a carrier sheep comes to mind....they dont exist do they??U_U

wooper i accepted!!!XDDDDD

gaww shucks...^^

wooper!! power to ze little ppl!!^^ YESH!!! DUDE!!!!! THERES LIKE UP TO 60 THINGS IN TOTAL THEY WANT US TO BRING....PLUS ART SUPLIES...PLUS PORTFOLIO!!!!!!!!...><........
    my portfolio is almost as tall as i am...>< i dont know how ill survive!!!><

erm whats a sherpa??o.O for some reason a carrier sheep comes to mind....they dont exist do they??U_U

wooper i accepted!!!XDDDDD

hah awe'll all just stick together :L little people ...haha :) maybe we should set up a new student society..'p.t.t.l.p'..(power to the little people);) haha hmm..think im on to somethin there ;)
    there are rumours of peple bringing in suitcases with all their stuff ..;/ oh jeeez..i should really start that assignment lol :P ...
    yeah a giant carrier sheep thing X) haha i think we could getta good deal on the on thomas street..;)
    x

hah awe'll all just stick together :L little people ...haha :) maybe we should set up a new student society..'p.t.t.l.p'..(power to the little people);) haha hmm..think im on to somethin there ;)
    there are rumours of peple bringing in suitcases with all their stuff ..;/ oh jeeez..i should really start that assignment lol :P ...
    yeah a giant carrier sheep thing X) haha i think we could getta good deal on the on thomas street..;)
    x

hee hee yes just stick your fist upwrads and shout power to the little ppl!!!!XDDDDDDDD student society....hrmm....I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!XDDDDD

vaaaassss???? suitcases???o.O i suppose thats not a bad idea...but what if its a prank for the newbies??TT__TT @___@

oh haha have you not started?? MEEE TOO!!!!!!!!!! i found a box!!! wooper!!!!! thats bout it..U_U ooh ooh!!!!!! dyou know what the deal is with the internet stuffs..//like uploading and downloading stuff....and recordings of motion...@___@ its soo confusing...><

hee hee yes just stick your fist upwrads and shout power to the little ppl!!!!XDDDDDDDD student society....hrmm....I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!XDDDDD

vaaaassss???? suitcases???o.O i suppose thats not a bad idea...but what if its a prank for the newbies??TT__TT @___@

oh haha have you not started?? MEEE TOO!!!!!!!!!! i found a box!!! wooper!!!!! thats bout it..U_U ooh ooh!!!!!! dyou know what the deal is with the internet stuffs..//like uploading and downloading stuff....and recordings of motion...@___@ its soo confusing...><

haha ! WE CAN EVEN INVENT OUR OWN LIL SECERT HANDSHAKE..;) (teehee...caps makes it even more exciting lol)
    ehm , yeah i read it from a few different peoples..the whole suitcase thing..typical..ill be the onli one who turns up on the first day with one...and be known as 'suitcase girl' for the next 3/4 years.....haha :)
    yeah, i was thinking we'd just upload all of that tech-y stuff onto our usb's?...uber confusing yep ..:( xxx

haha ! WE CAN EVEN INVENT OUR OWN LIL SECERT HANDSHAKE..;) (teehee...caps makes it even more exciting lol)
    ehm , yeah i read it from a few different peoples..the whole suitcase thing..typical..ill be the onli one who turns up on the first day with one...and be known as 'suitcase girl' for the next 3/4 years.....haha :)
    yeah, i was thinking we'd just upload all of that tech-y stuff onto our usb's?...uber confusing yep ..:( xxx

UWAAAAH A HANDSHAKE!!!!! IVE ALWAYS WANED TO DO A SECRET HANDSHAKE......hee hee and and and it can be like fightclub.....you know where rule number 1 is you dont talk about it...and rule number 2 is you dont talk about it!!!! hee hee....^^

ahahahahah the girl with the suitcase...well if it helps and comes to it..ill prob bring in a suitcase too...so we can be the suitcase loosers together....TT__TT...but secretly WE'RE THE KEWL LITTLE PPL CLUB PPL!!!!!!! buahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!XDDDD

....ahhh its so confusing..i was also told..by a friend taht she thought a recording of motion was like a pic thats the background tends to be blurry and stuff....><
    i suppose its like the brief......where you confused at the start?? i was uberly confused..but in the end i decided that they want to see what WE come up with...so anything goes really.....><.......
    maybe when i start the project itll be easire.....maybe....¬¬ XD

• Advertisement

UWAAAAH A HANDSHAKE!!!!! IVE ALWAYS WANED TO DO A SECRET HANDSHAKE......hee hee and and and it can be like fightclub.....you know where rule number 1 is you dont talk about it...and rule number 2 is you dont talk about it!!!! hee hee....^^

ahahahahah the girl with the suitcase...well if it helps and comes to it..ill prob bring in a suitcase too...so we can be the suitcase loosers together....TT__TT...but secretly WE'RE THE KEWL LITTLE PPL CLUB PPL!!!!!!! buahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!XDDDD

....ahhh its so confusing..i was also told..by a friend taht she thought a recording of motion was like a pic thats the background tends to be blurry and stuff....><
    i suppose its like the brief......where you confused at the start?? i was uberly confused..but in the end i decided that they want to see what WE come up with...so anything goes really.....><.......
    maybe when i start the project itll be easire.....maybe....¬¬ XD

awh mann ive always wanted to see that film :P

gah! i thought motion thingy was like four lil pieces of filming something moving! gahhhhhhhhhh! :S
    yeah that brief was a bit daunting but i spent my entire christmas hols on that thing...didnt raise my head, not EVEN for the turkey...(im joking..who ACTUALLY eats turkey on christmas????? or is it just me??x) )
    xxx

awh mann ive always wanted to see that film :P

gah! i thought motion thingy was like four lil pieces of filming something moving! gahhhhhhhhhh! :S
    yeah that brief was a bit daunting but i spent my entire christmas hols on that thing...didnt raise my head, not EVEN for the turkey...(im joking..who ACTUALLY eats turkey on christmas????? or is it just me??x) )
    xxx

youve never seen that film???? DUDE!!! ITS A FRIKKIN AWESOME FILM!!!!!!!!!! WATCH IT!!!>< or be a square..¬¬ hee hee...XDD

yesh yesh i thought so too.....bah there are soo many possibilities for recordings of motion..TT__TT

vass you dont eat turkey!!!@__@ I LOVE ZE TURKEY!!!! so what do you eat??
    oh ha ha....ahhh you did yours during christmas?? i did mine in like 2 weeks..before febuary...im the definition of a procrastiantor...><

youve never seen that film???? DUDE!!! ITS A FRIKKIN AWESOME FILM!!!!!!!!!! WATCH IT!!!>< or be a square..¬¬ hee hee...XDD

yesh yesh i thought so too.....bah there are soo many possibilities for recordings of motion..TT__TT

vass you dont eat turkey!!!@__@ I LOVE ZE TURKEY!!!! so what do you eat??
    oh ha ha....ahhh you did yours during christmas?? i did mine in like 2 weeks..before febuary...im the definition of a procrastiantor...><

ah now dont get me wrong..ai DO enjoy a turkey and stuffing sambo..but yeah cmonnn turkey is SO over rated hahahah x)
    eek! i know! i was applying to iadt too, so i had to like, prep two diff portfolios and tailor the ncad one for the iadt submission..
    oh mann..i should really dust that off in time to bring it in for ncad on the 28th hahah..=/....
    x

ah now dont get me wrong..ai DO enjoy a turkey and stuffing sambo..but yeah cmonnn turkey is SO over rated hahahah x)
    eek! i know! i was applying to iadt too, so i had to like, prep two diff portfolios and tailor the ncad one for the iadt submission..
    oh mann..i should really dust that off in time to bring it in for ncad on the 28th hahah..=/....
    x

sambo??o.O
    ahhh you did 2!!!!!!! i brought the same brief portfolio to limerick interviews.......just added 2 more sketchbooks..(which i procrastinated too and did them in like 3 days><...i have a problem....>___<)

ooher what where you gonna study in iadt??^^
    dust off like fix?? i wanna leave mine the way it is.....maybe im just weird but its like thats the effort i got in with....maybe....heh heh...^^

sambo??o.O
    ahhh you did 2!!!!!!! i brought the same brief portfolio to limerick interviews.......just added 2 more sketchbooks..(which i procrastinated too and did them in like 3 days><...i have a problem....>___<)

ooher what where you gonna study in iadt??^^
    dust off like fix?? i wanna leave mine the way it is.....maybe im just weird but its like thats the effort i got in with....maybe....heh heh...^^

3 days?!? phwarrr! gwan girlie! haha !:) yeah when you get into it and you get started you cant stop like :P my kicthen was a bombsite after my portfolio :O:O
    i applied for the stage and screen set design-y theater/costume makeup-y one..it looked FAH-BULOUS! buti got ncad ..teehee :P xxx

3 days?!? phwarrr! gwan girlie! haha !:) yeah when you get into it and you get started you cant stop like :P my kicthen was a bombsite after my portfolio :O:O
    i applied for the stage and screen set design-y theater/costume makeup-y one..it looked FAH-BULOUS! buti got ncad ..teehee :P xxx

wow stage and screen set design?? kewlio!!!!! heh ehh your a musical/broadway kinda person?? i love broadway..*drools* lol!!XDD
    was ncad your first choice??^^

wow stage and screen set design?? kewlio!!!!! heh ehh your a musical/broadway kinda person?? i love broadway..*drools* lol!!XDD
    was ncad your first choice??^^

yeah i love that whole performance end of things :P
    hah ncad has been my first choice since i was about five ...x) oh the creations i made with those crayola crayons..;) haha :P
    hav eyou msn?x

yeah i love that whole performance end of things :P
    hah ncad has been my first choice since i was about five ...x) oh the creations i made with those crayola crayons..;) haha :P
    hav eyou msn?x

lol!! crayola!! good times good times!!!! what do you major in...i mean liek whats your fave thing to use...alas for me..im a pencil and colours kinda girl!!^^

oh yesh yesh here's my msn... <snip> personal email addresses not allowed folks. - Larianne

lol!! crayola!! good times good times!!!! what do you major in...i mean liek whats your fave thing to use...alas for me..im a pencil and colours kinda girl!!^^

oh yesh yesh here's my msn... <snip> ^^

yeaii !:P add :) x

• Advertisement

yeaii !:P add :) x

and im talking to you on it now....hee hee...^^

Advertisement