Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD student thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ciarag123

Has anyone rang NCAD and found out what day the letters are being sent out ?
    Also I'm wondering how do they know if you're in LC? Because you get an extra 100 points.. But my principal didn't sign off on mine, my art teacher outside school did. So I'm just worried I won't get the 100 points ?

Has anyone got their results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 popuna

Dying to find out what I got it's driving me insane waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dreamer95

Results HAVE to be out by next week! What's this about extra 100 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shivrose27

Ciarag123 wrote: »
    Also I'm wondering how do they know if you're in LC? Because you get an extra 100 points.. But my principal didn't sign off on mine, my art teacher outside school did. So I'm just worried I won't get the 100 points ?

Where did you hear about leaving certs getting an extra 100 points? I don't see that anywhere.

I don't think its true because they try to make everything as fair as possible. Thats why they have the brief in the first place. The only advantage lc students have is that a larger percentage of them get in! Thats only to encourage more lc students to apply rather then do portfolio courses. So maybe its that 100 ppl get in that are lc students and the rest is the rest! Not 100 points extra?

I hope its not the case anyway. What with me being a mature student and all! Be another disadvantage.

On a side note.... i hope these results hurry up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kaitlynburkee

Has anyone got their results yet?

I'm in core atm, if it's like last year the letters will be out to you this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sav533

Lc students don't get 100 extra points, a few years ago mature students and lc students had different points to get in on their portfolio, for example if a leaving cert student had to get 475 a mature student had to get 575. But I'm pretty sure that was stopped a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niamhy_k

I haven't heard anything about 100 extra points but lc students have a higher chance in that more places are set aside for them. the number of places is split in 4, 1/4 are for mature students , 1/4 for plc applicants and 1/2 of the places go to lc students as far as i know :)
    I'm waiting to find out aswell the suspense is killing me!!

sorry guys! got confused between places and points... just so stredded out. Fingers crossed the letters will be sent today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 E.shanley

I just heard that results arent being sent out until next week.

• Advertisement

Yeah they're sending them out next week, just one more week of waiting...

Another week? Dam. They seem to send them out later and later each year. So nobody gets to miss that extra torment of a longer wait ha!

Oh also does anyone know if this is true; they are going to get rid of core year? And its meant to happen for the upcoming year? I heard it off a few ppl but have not seen it officially written anywhere and its still core year on cao. So instead it would be to go in to your chosen area in september or october, after a few weeks i think.

I didn't hear anything about core changing. I would say its unlikely as its not on the website or anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 UnderTheSky

niamhy_k wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything about 100 extra points but lc students have a higher chance in that more places are set aside for them. the number of places is split in 4, 1/4 are for mature students , 1/4 for plc applicants and 1/2 of the places go to lc students as far as i know :)
    I'm waiting to find out aswell the suspense is killing me!!

I took a year out and dropped out of my PLC course because I wasn't allowed to do my NCAD portfolio in it!
    No places are set aside for independent year-out-ers UH OH XD

Hmm whats with all the rumors this year ha? First the 100 points extra, then i hear core year is gone... now there are no places for independant year-outers? I didnt do a plc :-/ i had an art tutor though i think thats enough! Where did u hear non lc and non plc dont get in? :-/ all will hopefully be clearer in just a matter of days anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Patronus1

OMG I got my letter. Such a relief :D can't believe I got in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Asteria488

Patronus1 wrote: »
    OMG I got my letter. Such a relief :D can't believe I got in :D

I got in too :) how many points did you get?

Asteria488 wrote: »
    I got in too :) how many points did you get?

I only got 540 so it was quite low but I got into education :). How bout you?

I only got 540 so it was quite low but I got into education :). How bout you?

715 :) do we just have to get the points requirement now the letter kind of confused me :/

• Advertisement

715 :) do we just have to get the points requirement now the letter kind of confused me :/

Oh that's class :D well done. Now we just have to get the points in the LC. So that should be fun :D

Oh that's class :D well done. Now we just have to get the points in the LC. So that should be fun :D

I hope 540 is enough tho, so that's what's worrying me :)

I hope 540 is enough tho, so that's what's worrying me :)

It will be! Don't worry at all you're amazing ;)

I got in too :-) but i am confused with the letter! I already did my lc so i have met all the requirements but i still don't think that means i definitely have a place? But yay i think :-) and congrats to everyone else :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 UnderTheSky

You've got to do at least 6 subjects in the LC, two of which need to be Honours. You need at least an Ordinary D3 in Maths, English, and also in a 3rd language or Art :)
    If you've get all that then you're in, I'm pretty sure~

I got in to Education with 605♥ I'm so happy, only just stopped crying XD

Hopefully this isn't the cruellest April Fools joke ever : P

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TaiHusky

Got mine today. 435 and I'm on a waitlist. I'm out by 20 points and liturally suicidal. I put so much work into it and I barely pass!?! Anyone know the chances of getting in when waitlisted (especially with the 300 student places this year) I didn't find out my place yet but I'm assuming I'm high up. Never been so gutted :(

It will be! Don't worry at all you're amazing ;)

Haha I'll hope :) congrats to u tho. Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

TaiHusky wrote: »
    Got mine today. 435 and I'm on a waitlist. I'm out by 20 points and liturally suicidal. I put so much work into it and I barely pass!?! Anyone know the chances of getting in when waitlisted (especially with the 300 student places this year) I didn't find out my place yet but I'm assuming I'm high up. Never been so gutted :(

There is hope - wait and see what happens but in the meantime, stay positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 hamillliam

I just managed to get a place, so all i need now is to pass the leaving cert part of the entry requirements! Does anyone know whether iadt is considered easier to get into or not as viscom there is my first choice.
    help would be appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement