Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Napoleon: Total War

Options
  • 18-09-2009 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

History is as yet unwritten.

Napoleon: Total War™ is the new chapter in the critically acclaimed Total War series and opens up a new narrative layer to the genre-defining franchise. From the early Italian campaign to the Battle of Waterloo, Napoleon covers two decades of relentless battles, a backdrop of a world in flames against which the story of an extraordinary military career unfolds.

Whether you play as the legendary General or against, the outcome of war can never be guaranteed. The course of history relies on your ability to lead your troops through the most intense battles as never seen before in a Total War game.

The genre-defining franchise brings Napoleon to life:
    Napoleon: Total War defines a new standard within the genre with exciting characters and a cinematic narrative, mind-blowing battle sequences and an unrivalled mix of turn-based and real-time strategy.

Three new episodic campaigns:
    Take command and lead your armies on land and sea over three campaigns: Italy, Egypt and Mastery of Europe. The seamless mix of objective-based missions and sandbox experience makes this the most complete Total War experience to date.

Cutting-edge multiplayer:
    Napoleon features fully integrated multiplayer modes and a complete set of online functionalities: Steam achievements, gameplay bonuses, uniform editor and voice communications.

All new Napoleonic battles and units:
    Advanced weaponry enables new tactical options and even more exciting real-time battles on an epic scale, while the highly detailed environments and improved battlefield buildings guarantee a realistic recreation of famous historical battles.

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/napoleon-total-war/?t=EnglishUK

I kinda had a feeling this would be the next step for TW. Seems like it may be a stand alone game rather than an expansion to Empire. Reminds me of the Alexander expansion for Rome though.

May be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

After the borked disaster that was TW:Empire they won't be getting my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Same here. Empire is so buggy that I haven't even got to finish a campaign yet. They should fix the game first and then offer this free as an apology

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

TW Empire had enough bugs to eat a human being in 10 seconds. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

it was obvious this would be next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I certainly won't be buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

As a TW addict i'll be tempted to buy it but i'll probably wait this time to see if there are any major problems with it.

While i have'nt experienced any major problems with Empire it has crashed a few times, once just after i had won an important battle.:mad:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Unless this brings something incredible to the table, I'll give this a miss.

I realise they have staff who need to work on something but I imagine most Empire owners think they have some cheek announcing an expansion when the game, still, after how many months is still effectively broken.

It was a complete disaster for them. I'd have considered myself a loyal supporter of Creative Assembly in the past but I will be thinking twice about buying anything they release in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I really cannot think of any major bugs on mine. And that was with some minor mods (a late campaign and one or two other things) installed, and a system that's too weak for it. My great problem with it, is that the ETW factions were not that different from each other. RTW:BI had missing bits on models (part of the leg on the Romano-British legionary), but it was enjoyable overall. ETW is enjoyable overall, even if it lacks in some respects.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just out of curiosity did the promised online campaign mode ever surface in empire?

played it for a few weeks but work got in the way and I havnt been back to start a new campaign since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

They can go and suck my left nut for it, i bought Empire at release and ive never been able to finish it due to bugs. I tried 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity did the promised online campaign mode ever surface in empire?

played it for a few weeks but work got in the way and I havnt been back to start a new campaign since.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

But lads, wait, this time theyre going to fix the AI....for real this time!

Sand wrote: »
    But lads, wait, this time theyre going to fix the AI....for real this time!

Did they promise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Even though the game is broken, I still love it and have always loved Total War games, so yes I'll probably get the expansion if there is enough extra content there to warrant it.

Yeah i would rather them fix Empire. Also i would like to see them do an up to date version of Shogun .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A new campaign is being released next month

http://www.totalwar.com/empire/campaigns/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Yeah i would rather them fix Empire. Also i would like to see them do an up to date version of Shogun .

Lol, just crashed on me after one turn there. Ah Jeeez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've had every version
    Realy they need to fix Empire before bringing out a new version.

I've loved Shogun though, I'd like to see a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Empire's shíte. Even when it works it's just boring.

Oh look, you've the same units, only in a different primary colour. Excitiement beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Stopped playing TW games after mtw2 which was basically a rtw reskin and still the same AI(sorry scripts) since STW. Not going to buy ETW as they will never fix it, like all their previous games so will not be buying an expansion for a game I won't buy and from a developer i've come to despise:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement