Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software buying advice.

• 18-09-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

The VDJ troubles in my vista thread were, it transpires, down to me using a cracked version and them improving their IP protection. I don't defend piracy but the "console" version that comes with the RMX is pi$$ poor. The time I did spend with the full version has convinced me that it's bloody good software though and I'm ready to get the wallet out.

But...

I'm wondering if Traktor might be a better long term bet. It certainly seems to get more press than VDJ. I'm fairly new to the world of midi DJing so laziness steered me towards the software that had native support for my Herc RMX. I found a midi profile in my travels for the RMX on Traktor but never really invested much time in it. I suppose I'm asking if sticking with the native support is the hassle free way to go, and will mismatching (for want of a better word) controller and software be a compromise forever?

If you were spending your own cold hard cash, would you be spending around €110 on upgrading VDJ to the latest Pro version, or €200 on Traktor Pro?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Traktor pro all the way.

Traktor pro is a fully fledged professional solution. VDJ is really a wannabe. Do the right thing now, you'll be glad you did.

I'd say you can get it working fine with the RMX, do a better search and give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Try all the demo's first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Gotta say the new Traktor is really really great. I've noticed a lot of the big name dj's have switched over since it came out (and these are the ones without the NI endorsement deals).

Not to get into a software piracy debate here but I can tell you from experience that while you might get away with using cracked stuff at home, when playing out you want to stay completely legit.

Traktor Pro has yet to crash on me even once, and I don't think there's any other piece of software I can say that about.

Well worth the 200 quid imo (which is rare for software).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Dang!
    I was almost ready to buy. Now I think I need to spend more time with Traktor and convince myself that it can work the way I want with my controller.

The chances of me using it anywhere other than my house or maybe a mate's house party are pretty much zero so I doubt a software crash is going to lose me any bookings, but while I might use a bit of dodgy software I do buy what works.

Advertisement