Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC at Dublin 2

• 18-09-2009 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I am using Smart's 2MB plus anytime call package @ 44 quid pm.

I am now considering to switch over to UPC's 10MB + phone package.

Anyone can advise me if UPC's service is alright in this area (near swan pub)?

Thanks a million!

PS Would it be a hassle if in the future I want to switch back to ADSL ISP?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

ric516 wrote: »
    Would it be a hassle if in the future I want to switch back to ADSL ISP?

Well, since UPC's BB doesn't need the phone line anyway, I imagine you may cancel it if you switch? If you then wanted to go back to using an ADSL ISP, you'd have to get Eircom to reconnect the line and I'm sure that would incur a charge (and not too sure how long it would take).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Very variable coverage in D2. Best thing is hope for the best and call them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ric516

Very variable coverage in D2. Best thing is hope for the best and call them?

Just wonder if any member in this area can comment on the quality of service they've experienced?

ric516 wrote: »
    Just wonder if any member in this area can comment on the quality of service they've experienced?

Turn out there's no phone service in D2 according to the upc website.

I am however too busy to let an engineer come in to check if phone's possible. :(

UPDATE: UPC not a/v at my place :(
    Still looking for an alternative of Smart....

• Advertisement
Advertisement