Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps

Options
  • 18-09-2009 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

I was out between Lisadell and Grange today and was passed by one of the google maps cars with the camera on the roof. Apparently they've been around Sligo all week taking pictures for the street view function on google maps so pretty soon we should have it for Sligo
    Anybody else seen them around the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

yeah we saw them on the Lough Gill road from Dromahair to Sligo. Our car must be on it if they use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Its been round Donegal roads for a few weeks now

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660766

Wouldn't hold you breath on the 'soon' bit. Soon in Google terms could be 2011/2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

irish1967 wrote: »
    Its been round Donegal roads for a few weeks now

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660766

Wouldn't hold you breath on the 'soon' bit. Soon in Google terms could be 2011/2012.

It was a different car to the one described in the thread linked there. It was a black astra with google signs all over it.
    I wonder what the delay will be with getting this live if it takes until 2011/2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

yeah, saw it at cartron sometime Friday afternoon....does this mean the sat.navs will start giving better directions now?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

A car with a swirly camera on top passed me in Ballysadare someday last week, I presume it must've been google! I hope they edit people out of it or il be seen walking by!:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement