Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions Xbox failure(maybe)

• 18-09-2009 2:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Ok as the title suggests iv got a feeling my xbox is failing on me yet again for the third time.Iv had 2 red rings so far but this seems different..

Just to clarify,it is not a red ring yet..

Anyway it seems be a problem with my hdmi connection..

Two days ago i first noticed the problem,the display looks very fuzzy,blocky and cartoony..I left it for a day when i saw it and it worked again..i left my xbox for an hour and when i came back it was fuzzy again..

I tried the component cable and that seems to work perfectly..for example:
    5pm: hdmi - fuzzy
    5.05: component - perfect
    5.10: hdmi - fuzzy again

Its not the hdmi cable because i tried the cable on another console,and also tried another hdmi cable on my xbox but to no avail.

Did anyone ever have the same problem because id nearly leave xbox if only for the 100e's i spent on xbla games.

The picture kinda looks like this but in a bad way

l4ddepechemodeshift.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i understand its better to use hdmi in some cases but if it works with component then whats the problem there at least you can keep using it if needs be.

also make sure all the settings on it are fine and also make sure its not a damaged pin on the input of the xbox or tv for that matter.

any chance you can try the xbox on a difference tv.

also if its in warranty(you can check online if it is). just send it back to microsoft and get it fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Sounds like a problem with the HD output on the console itself, in which case as mentioned, back to MS for repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

the cable is working again,,wtf like..i bet ya itl go again later tonight if i give it a go...i think it doesnt like nights

Advertisement