Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRIATHLON CLUB- Anyone Interested??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

i'd be on for a group cycle. doing around 45km wednesday morning if anyone is interested?

route is college-dangan-moycullen-spiddal-barna-salthill-college.

few decent hills, i wont be going too fast up them though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭jautukas87

narwog81 wrote: »
    i'd be on for a group cycle. doing around 45km wednesday morning if anyone is interested?

route is college-dangan-moycullen-spiddal-barna-salthill-college.

few decent hills, i wont be going too fast up them though!

I'm in.

jautukas87 wrote: »
    I'm in.

thats one anyway! planned route is 25miles (40km). can see it here on http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/ie/gaillimh/351126391502388968
    there's one decent hill (which i will be going up slowly if my effort last sunday is anything to go by:D)

how does 10am outside the kingfisher sound? i'll be the guy on the blue bike:D

ok so myself and jautukas87 are heading out at 9am from the kingfisher tomorrow morning. any other takers?

myself and jautukas87 went for 50k this morning, chilly at first but was nice when the sun came up, if anyone else is interested in going for a spin (any type) PM me, ill be trying to get out 3 times a week from now on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

narwog81 wrote: »
    myself and jautukas87 went for 50k this morning, chilly at first but was nice when the sun came up, if anyone else is interested in going for a spin (any type) PM me, ill be trying to get out 3 times a week from now on...

I have no access to a bike, have you got a spare??

I have no access to a bike, have you got a spare??

just have the one im afraid, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SUMojoJojo

Just to let you know we (NUI Galway Students' Union) are running a Mini Triathlon again this year as part of our fundraising events during College Week on Tuesday 9th March.
    There is a 5km run, 10km cycle and 500m swim and you need to raise a minimum of €25 to enter. Sponsorship cards will be available from the SU and the Sports Centre from Monday onwards. Free t-shirt and lunch are included and all proceeds go to the College Week charities: COPE Galway, The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Peter McVerry Trust and Habitat for Humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Hi guys,
    for those of you interested in triathlon, the local Galway club are holding a beginners day.

Hope to see some interested parties there
    Beginners Triathlon Day

The idea of completing a triathlon for many people is a daunting
    prospect, however lack of fitness, knowledge, or an inability to
    swim need not stand in the way.

Galway Triathlon Club will hold an information day for people of all
    abilities on Saturday February 20 at 9am in the Kingfisher Club in
    NUIG.

The event will provide the tools, and knowledge to prepare for your
    first triathlon regardless of fitness level. There will also be
    advice on selecting a suitable race.

Every year Galway Triathlon Club see members join who cannot swim,
    and have no running or cycling experience. Through club coaching
    sessions many of these members complete their first race within the
    season they start.

Participants on the information day can take part in a basic fitness
    test which will be followed up in June, and will receive a training
    plan for their first triathlon.

There will be a newcomers lecture covering all you need to know for
    your first triathlon along with information on club training, and
    support structures for new members.

This will be followed by a practical pool session (non-swimmers
    welcome) and a basic bike and triathlon transition skills session.

Those who wish to participate in the practical sessions must bring: Running gear,
    swimsuit, swimming hat and goggles.

A fee of EUR5 per head will be charged to cover costs.

For more information visit www.galwaytriathlonclub.com
    or contact galwaytriclubsecretary@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 drunknmunky_21

guys any updates re this triathlon club starting up..i think it would be an awesome club to have in the university

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 An Fathach

I think there are some people in the athletics club working on getting one going.....collaborating with swim club for training i think + maybe a spinning class during the week. Will know more come mid november but it will more then likely happen this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SUMojoJojo

This year's College Week Mini Triathlon is scheduled for Tuesday 1st of March with a 5km run, 10km cycle and 500m swim. We are looking for volunteers to help us organise and promote the event. If you are interested in helping out or taking part in the event drop an email to studentsunion@nuigalway.ie

Advertisement