Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows this spec

Options
  • 18-09-2009 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

specr.jpg

This is from Dabs.ie My PC is just about dead lol and i dont have alot of cash.
    I already have a good graphics card,

let me know what you think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Too expensive.
    You get the same performance from a 30 euro motherboard.
    Will you really fill your terabyte?
    The ram is over priced.
    Get a q6700 instead it has as a bigger Level 2 Cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I will defo need a TB, At the moment i've for 500gig in,, and a 1TB and 750GB external drives. only 350gig left on one drive others full.

I will need the ram as I do graphics and would like faster rendering times. I'm installed vista 64 on this so the more RAM the better, I will be putting more in at the later stand.
    I cant find the q6700 on dabs or komplett..

Where can you get cheaper ? if you let me know i'll take a look.

Cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What graphics card do you have? And what will you be doing with this PC? What rendering packages will you be using? Any other intensive software, games etc.?

Memory isn't even that overpriced as DDR prices have shot up again lately. CPU is also pretty good value even if its a low-cache model but C2Q is an outgoing platform. What's the budget? i5/i7 sounds a better bet for a rendering rig if you have the cash... One issue I do have is the case. Dump it. Now. And get ready to pay a lot more for a seperate case and PSU so you don't end up with a 250W PSU with a 600W label. If you load them heavily they will explode on you and possibly take half your new hardware with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Budget is low.
    Graphics card is HD radeon 3850 ( i think) i know you'll say theres way better out there but I cant afford a new one and it's pretty nice for what i need
    I do 3D has a hobby so the rendering doesnt been to be super quick just not as slow as it is now.

I'll take you advice about the case cheers.

Cant really afford to spend over €400-€450

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Obviously for your hobby an i7 would be the ideal choice, but on that budget it's just not gonna happen...

AMD phenom II's seem to beat all the intel quad in terms of graphic rendering, so within your budget, with a decent case and a good psu...

This is from hardwareversand.de btw

And delivery is E30

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Good idea but try dropping to an AM2 770 or 785 chipset so you can use DDR2 instead. You could even drop the CPU to a X3-720BE but the 945e is a seriously nice piece of kit for the money. HD3850 is a bit behind the HD4670 but its still a fine card for light-duty 3D work.

Advertisement