Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raid0 using diferent disk sizes

Options
  • 18-09-2009 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a 200GB and 320 GB sata drives in my rig. I was wondering if it would be possible to partition the 320 drive into 2 partitions one 200GB and one 120 GB and then use the 200 GB partition to run in Raid0 with the second drive essentially giving me a 400GB Drive and a 120 GB one.

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

This is something you DO NOT WANT to do even if it was possible......
    clearz wrote: »
    Hi

I have a 200GB and 320 GB sata drives in my rig. I was wondering if it would be possible to partition the 320 drive into 2 partitions one 200GB and one 120 GB and then use the 200 GB partition to run in Raid0 with the second drive essentially giving me a 400GB Drive and a 120 GB one.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

If you RAID0 two disks of different sizes together it will see both drives as the smaller size and you won't be able to use the left over memory of the larger drive.
    I'm 99.997% sure of that. :)

Advertisement