Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausages in Melbourne?

Options
  • 18-09-2009 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get some nice ones? All the ones I’ve had here so far taste like crap! I heard about an Irish butchers but can’t remember where they said it was. Also I don’t want to have to travel too far to find them (I’m living in Richmond).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Vic Market ... if you cant get a good sausage there I would be stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Vic Market ... if you cant get a good sausage there I would be stumped.

Went to two different places there and no luck. I dont think they like them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Aldi on inkerman st, st kilda stocks pork sausages which are the nearest to home sausages that you can find! Get de 246 bus to barkly st its a few min walk to aldi then. There are english style sausages in the iga but i found them v gristley!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

can u not get the irish sausages in IGA? pretty cheap but tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If you go to Prahran Market there's a few butchers there and there was one, that did amazing pork sausages (Think it was the biggest butchers there, at the end...you'll understand if you go). If you go on Saturdays they have tasters. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

there is an Irish Butchers in the High St in Kew, where the No 16 terminates, at the end of the Glenferry Road. He does all that sausage/bacon/ham stuff Irish style. I think it's called "Paddy's" believe it or not.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    there is an Irish Butchers in the High St in Kew, where the No 16 terminates, at the end of the Glenferry Road. He does all that sausage/bacon/ham stuff Irish style. I think it's called "Paddy's" believe it or not.

Nice one! This is the one my friend mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Australia has made me dislike sausages

I think there kind of seen as a poor mans food here. But you cant beat a good one on a BBQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doc wrote: »
    I think there kind of seen as a poor mans food here. But you cant beat a good one on a BBQ!
    Well to be fair they are a poor mans food.
    This applies in ireland too. How do you think they came about in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

David Jones food court pork sausages - delish (can get black & white pudding too)
    Actually one of my fave is Italian pork sausages from Aldi, they taste pretty good and have a slight chilli kick - yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

+++1 for the pork sausages in aldi , they are the same as sausages back home.

Advertisement