Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Insurance - Pitfalls of claims?!

• 18-09-2009 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I just got an iPhone 3G a month or so ago - switched from Vodafone to O2 prepay. I took insurance out at the time.

I was sitting at the breakfast table this monring when my toddler son reached for my phone and let it drop - the glass on the front display cracked fairly badly.

I have read my insurance details but it would apppear that they really cover the bases when it comes to claims -

Anyone advise me as to any experiences they have had with genuine claims and any tips would be appreciated.

I have heard that if you say the wrong thing, even a genuine acccident can lead to a non-payment.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sticker wrote: »
    Hey all,

I just got an iPhone 3G a month or so ago - switched from Vodafone to O2 prepay. I took insurance out at the time.

I was sitting at the breakfast table this monring when my toddler son reached for my phone and let it drop - the glass on the front display cracked fairly badly.

I have read my insurance details but it would apppear that they really cover the bases when it comes to claims -

Anyone advise me as to any experiences they have had with genuine claims and any tips would be appreciated.

I have heard that if you say the wrong thing, even a genuine acccident can lead to a non-payment.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Just got the 32GB 3gs yesterday. Guy in O2 store told me for 9€ p/m, you can throw it out the window and get a replacement if you wish under accidental damage. Excess of €35 is for you to pick up. That said, also interested in actual experiences of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

dodzy wrote: »
    Just got the 32GB 3gs yesterday. Guy in O2 store told me for 9€ p/m, you can throw it out the window and get a replacement if you wish under accidental damage. Excess of €35 is for you to pick up. That said, also interested in actual experiences of others.

please note, if you didn't take insurance at the same time as phone then you have to wait for 60 days to make your first claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

deep1 wrote: »
    please note, if you didn't take insurance at the same time as phone then you have to wait for 60 days to make your first claim.

I took the insurance with O2 out when buying the phone (and signing the term contract) for the first time. I assume this means I can claim now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

deep1 wrote: »
    It says on the documentation for the insurance that if it is activated within 7 days of purchasing the handset it comes into play imediatly. The 60 day delay is only if insurance is bought at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

So would you all concuur that I've a solid claim? I'm pretty sure I do, but as I said before, I've heard of issues where the wrong word is said and the policy is void. To have the screen repaired would cost me €150!

• Advertisement
Advertisement