Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Broadband Donegal Town

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Been using 02 mobile broadband for over 2 years now without a problem but in the past 2 days its gone wonky. Signal is terrible (in the middle of this sentence its just gone altogether again !)

Couldn't connect at all last night (17th Sept). Thought it might be PC or mobile modem at first but couldn't connect via iPhone either.

Signal has been dropped half a dozen times this morning already. :mad:

Anyone else having problems in the area? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Both my parents have there mobiles with o2 and the reception is shocking in Ballintra where they live...

Go to http://forums.o2online.ie/ and click on one of the mods name and see if he can get an answer for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just did that FP. Signal on the phone was always bad round Ballintra. I would lose signal there everytime I drive it.

The broadband thing is annoying though. Been no problems with it up to now (2 years). I am having to run on EDGE (236.8Kbps). Its chugging along real slow. The poster before me thisd morning on the O2 forum is having the same problems in Headford Co. Galway so it might be a problem on a larger scale than just here in Donegal Town.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Ah well hope it doesnt go on too long for ya nothing worse than having slow braodband!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

I'm in Letterkenny, more or less town centre, had o2 plug in broadband for about 4months now, never a problem.

Mine started playing up as of last night too, just completely losing coverage. Must be a regional issue then methinks.

Yeah. I was thinking regional too. I posted on the o2.ie forum an hour ago though and no reply yet. You would think if it was a regional issue they would be a bit quicker off the mark.. oh wait !! ahhhh I forgot.. we are in the Northwest ... should have something sorted by Christmas in that case.

Yeah mine still slow right now. Will contect on 3G (which is one step better than last night) but won't load any pages.

:eek::eek: Was that a snail that just rushed past me? :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

We'd better stop posting about this.

They're probably sitting in their ivory towers, reading this,figuring out how best to punish us, while punching small kittens in the head.

I LOVE YOU O2! Please fix our, backwards, out in the sticks broadband.

Just posted on the O2.ie Forum
    Re: Broadband Coverage And Outage news

Hi Guys, last night we had an outage in the west and north west. For the most part this should now been resolved. We will continue to work on this until full coverage has been restored.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

feelpablo wrote: »
    Both my parents have there mobiles with o2 and the reception is shocking in Ballintra where they live...

Go to http://forums.o2online.ie/ and click on one of the mods name and see if he can get an answer for ya
    Yeah, Ballintra has always been bad for o2.

Planning for a mobile cell on the Garda barracks mast was refused (presumably due to local petitions), as was an application to have one up near the reservoir in Ballymagroarty (there's probably still a telegraph pole there).

Advertisement