Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keith Barry Grandfather Brutally attacked..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

yop wrote: »
    But will the Chinese lad do time for this the stabbing?

Don't think he will as long as he can prove he felt threatened. I think it would take an real idiot Gardai to persue it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

"I got a whack with a hammer and I woke up, and there were two blokes, all in black, with masks on them," Mr Nguyen said.

"I could just see their eyes. One had a hammer and one had Jenny by her dressing gown, with a knife to her throat.

"They took the baby off her. He said to me: 'I know you have a baby downstairs, he's dead if you don't open the safe'.

Holy jaysus..... Someone should show this the the FF arse holes who voted against the bill. There coulda been a family murdered.

They way i look at it is they should pass the bill to defend your home but also as extra deterent have minimum sentences. If scum bags then decide to break into your home and put your family at risk they will suffer consquences. Which with any luck will be very painful and lead to long life of misery or death.

Back to topic if Keith Barrys GF survives which I hope he does. How will he live the rest of his life ??? In fear. They have ruined the last few years of this mans life.

PASS THE BILL! PEOPLE SHOULD GET BEHIND THIS

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why didn't Keith Barry predict all this :confused:

Are you for real ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A7X wrote: »
    You'd think Keith would have forseen this.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Why didn't Keith Barry predict all this :confused:

How embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Leppin Jaysus, between this & the Jordan thread there are a hell of a lot of pinko liberals floating around boards today.

Agree with Makikomi btw.

My thoughts are:

God does not exist.

I see myself as the only viable option to God.

As God, I reserve the right to kill any mutha fukka who looks cock-eyed at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The attack is sickening enough, but wait and see if these are caught and what penalty
    they receive. It will be a pissy litle jail sentence and god forbid if the man died, the pathologist and lawyers defending can always claim that the man died because
    of breathing difficulties or some other red herring. Like in the case of that poor man Christy Hanley who was savagely beaten to death, oh no, he died form inhaling his own blood was the verdict:rolleyes: That killer got 7 pissy years if I remember correctly

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0527/hanleyc.html

I read about this case a while back and now hear this.

83 years old, tied up and beaten
    to death and the judge thinks that there
    is a reasonable possibility that Cawley didn't
    intend to cause serious harm?

The pathologist said the man could have died from blood
    inhalation? Wow! Wonder what caused him to inhale
    that blood.

I'm sick thinking about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Good, now post on the topic or else go somewhere else to push up your post count. These pointless posts of your are getting irritating. :rolleyes:

What's with the attitude and bull****? My post ount is barely 5 a day - if I was pusing it up, I'm doing a crap job.

And my opinion was stated very early on: poor original post, followed by scremongering bull****. At least I acknowldged not reading the entire thread.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Did anyone listen to Adrian Kennedy last night ?

About fellas in black clothing down in cork hadning out leaflets which basically said they will be taking action on drug dealers.

Telling you ordinary people get pissed off when the law cant protect them leave no option take matters in to your own hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

vibez wrote: »
    Did anyone listen to Adrian Kennedy last night ?

About fellas in black clothing down in cork hadning out leaflets which basically said they will be taking action on drug dealers.

Telling you ordinary people get pissed off when the law cant protect them leave no option take matters in to your own hands

Nobody with half a brain listens to Adrian Kennedy and his actors callers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Scum radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Wow. You're just a big ball of negativity today.

Want a hug?

Smart Bug wrote: »
    Wow. You're just a big ball of negativity today.

Want a hug?

Yeah, I know, but this **** scumbag grab-a-gun and solve all our problems piss me off. George W Bush would be so ****ing proud right now.

And then some (deleted by poster!) accuses me of upping my post-count?! WTF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

You would trust a gun in the hands of your ten year old son? Surely a wind up.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

flanzer wrote: »
    To add to this, I laughed a number of months back when some burglers from Darndale tried it on with a Chinese family in a neighbouring estate to mine and killed the scumbag stone dead! Seemingly they tried to take the takings from the family's restaurant and one of the scumbags got the ultimate comeuppance. Justice was truly served

EDIT: Sorry, I thought he died. Here's the story. Heros .... http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hero-father-defends-family-as-knifewielding-thugs-threaten-to-kill-his-twoweekold-son-1301203.html
    What a fu<king hero. Fair play to him and it's only a pity the scummer did'nt die.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Yeah, I know, but this **** scumbag grab-a-gun and solve all our problems piss me off. George W Bush would be so ****ing proud right now.

And then some (deleted by poster!) accuses me of upping my post-count?! WTF?!

LOL, what a child eh! :cool: If you post it be brave enough to type it, don't be hiding behind some "(deleted by poster!)" apron.

We disagreed with what you had posted, we suggested that you have added nothing to this thread, go for a walk, it will be better in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Bandit12 wrote: »
    You would trust a gun in the hands of your ten year old son? Surely a wind up.:eek:

I'm sure the chap knows his son and has brought him up correctly. I see no problem whatsoever with preparing your son to be able to step in if his family is in danger, in fact it's kind of a fathers obligation.

A lot of you responding are also ignoring the possiblity that Makikomi may live in the country, have a gun on his land for hunting/farming uses and may have a lot of desirable stuff that means he gets intruders consistently.

Based on the fact that you hear of a lot of families in that situation being held at gun point, tied up, family members sexually assaulted etc. then I don't know how you can fault a father from raising his children responsibly and putting them in a position to protect themselves from fairly ultimate danger and circumstance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sasquashie

Only thinking about this because we're a mental guy living behind us. He's banned from all the local shops and the other day ran into the butchers with a knife to attack them. (Seriously who runs into a butchers with a knife?). I saw his wandering the streets in his Pjs and started thinking he might start running into houses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Draupnir wrote: »
    I'm sure the chap knows his son and has brought him up correctly. I see no problem whatsoever with preparing your son to be able to step in if his family is in danger, in fact it's kind of a fathers obligation.

A lot of you responding are also ignoring the possiblity that Makikomi may live in the country, have a gun on his land for hunting/farming uses and may have a lot of desirable stuff that means he gets intruders consistently.

Based on the fact that you hear of a lot of families in that situation being held at gun point, tied up, family members sexually assaulted etc. then I don't know how you can fault a father from raising his children responsibly and putting them in a position to protect themselves from fairly ultimate danger and circumstance.
    And you think a child should be the one with the gun instead of an adult?

humanji wrote: »
    And you think a child should be the one with the gun instead of an adult?

Not necessarily, but I don't see the problem. Think about it from the point of view of the burglar/intruder, the adult females are probably going to interest them more than the 10 year old boy.

I personally, if I was in a situation were this would be more than 20% possible, would be preparing everyone (adult or child) to react in defence.

What do you guys want? A 10 year old son to sit back and watch mammy be tied up, bashed and raped while a shotgun sits 5 yards away. All because he is under the age were the law says he can use the gun?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not necessarily, but I don't see the problem. Think about it from the point of view of the burglar/intruder, the adult females are probably going to interest them more than the 10 year old boy.

I personally, if I was in a situation were this would be more than 20% possible, would be preparing everyone (adult or child) to react in defence.

What do you guys want? A 10 year old son to sit back and watch mammy be tied up, bashed and raped while a shotgun sits 5 yards away. All because he is under the age were the law says he can use the gun?

Thats the thing though, you want to protect your children from "the bad world" but then IF and God forbid it doesn't happen to anyone of us, you don't want to pee their pants either and give the scummer who enters what he deserves.
    But then again they are kids, do you really want to take them aside and say "If mammy is been attacked, go to the cupboard and shoot the guy". Its a fine line.

Hope Mr Barry recovers, the mental scars though will be very hard on him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

At what age does it become unacceptable? 4? 5 years old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But if someone breaks in, it should be the parents responsibility to take care of their children, not for the children to take care of the parents. If the mother is incapacitated, then the child should take over. But expecting a 10 year old child to kill someone as a first line of defence is mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I

Pretty sure he lives in the northside of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭suimhneas

Wreck wrote: »
    Unless the person you shoot is a traveller, then you'll get away with it.

oh my god you don't think he had the right to shoot this man? i think what padraig nally did was absolutly right, its not as if this man jsut turned up a his door and nally shot him in the back. this man terrorised him on an ongoing basis, mr nally was drivin to the brink by these scum of the earth. I have absolutly no pity for frog ward or the likes of him he deserved everything he got and if he had managed to get the tadpole ward, he would have saved the state a fortune cause he has been locked up at the taxpayers expense for one reason or another ever since.

humanji wrote: »
    But if someone breaks in, it should be the parents responsibility to take care of their children, not for the children to take care of the parents. If the mother is incapacitated, then the child should take over. But expecting a 10 year old child to kill someone as a first line of defence is mental.

Locks, alarms etc. are first line of defence. I'm not suggesting the kid is strutting around shooting from the hip, just that I don't think it's such a bad thing for a father to prepare his son for the ultimate scenario.

Given the fact that 100 years ago in this country and today in a lot of the world this is perfectly normal, the criminals haven't gotten any better in that time so why should the law abiding citizens?

Given the fact that 100 years ago in this country and today in a lot of the world this is perfectly normal

That's called progress.

LOL, what a child eh! :cool: If you post it be brave enough to type it, don't be hiding behind some "(deleted by poster!)" apron.

We disagreed with what you had posted, we suggested that you have added nothing to this thread, go for a walk, it will be better in the morning.

...because had I put what I felt instead of "deleted" I would have been banned.

Apart from that, who's "we"? Are you more than one entity?

Maybe time to grow up a little and actually comment on what has been written in an adult fashion rather than going off on post-count accusation tangents and talking ****e about "aprons"?

Unsubscribing from thread, so whatever little missive you want to pull out of the air shall go unread. Judging by your track record so far, it'll be irrelevant.

That's called progress.

You conveniently quoted me there. Why should law abiding citizens progress while criminals take advantage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

...because had I put what I felt instead of "deleted" I would have been banned.

Apart from that, who's "we"? Are you more than one entity?

Maybe time to grow up a little and actually comment on what has been written in an adult fashion rather than going off on post-count accusation tangents and talking ****e about "aprons"?

Unsubscribing from thread, so whatever little missive you want to pull out of the air shall go unread. Judging by your track record so far, it'll be irrelevant.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I cant roll my eyes enough at this post full of waffle!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In relation to the OP's opst thoough I really hope the old man is ok and whatever sicko did this is caught and locked up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

hblock21 wrote: »

Would telling him to RUN not be a better thing.

My son has been in a wheelchair since birth :mad:
    just kidding :P

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I cant roll my eyes enough at this post full of waffle!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks you said what I wanted to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Thanks you said what I wanted to :)
    Grow up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Where's Batman when you need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

I have to say I'm with a lot of posters in this regard- you hear so many stories of burglars who tie people up and beat them within an inch of their lives (or those two students in London who were tied up, had towels put over their heads and stabbed a few hundred times). Not to mention the women who get raped in their homes in front of their children.

I of course, believe alarms and locks to be the first line of defence. But if I EVER wake up and find somebody in my house, I'll be asking questions later. I don't care if I spend the rest of my life in prison, I'm simply not willing to take the chance that the intruders would rape/kill/torture/stab/beat my wife and children who would probably be defenceless, like lambs brought to the slaughter.

If you are capable of defending the weak, you have a moral and ethical obligation to do so- if everybody stood up to scumbags on a daily basis, and I mean everybody, crime would plumment. Scumabgs might act the hard men when they outnumber who they are confronting, but when it is the other way around it is not the case. Imagine if all 40 passengers on the bus told yer man down the back of the bus to leave that girl alone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No more personal stuff chaps. Adds nothing to the thread so attack posts not posters or face ban hammerage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

My understanding of the law as it stands is that if faced with an intruder in your home you must retreat if at all possible. If retreat is not possible and you are attacked you must only use "reasonable force" to defend yourself.

OK yer Honour. Two questions. (1) Why should I be required by law to retreat in my own home? and (2) I wasn't trained by the Rangers or the Gardai. How the hell am I supposed to know what "reasonable force" is?

I'm with the other posters here who took the aggressive attitude. If someone breaks into my home I am not about to wait and see what his intentions are. I am not about to retreat and leave him to do what he wants. I will instead hit him with every means at my disposal and if it severly injures him or even kills him, that is unfortunate but it was his choice not mine. I ain't going to lose any sleep over him.

A couple of times in my long life I faced an attack, although not in my home. My instinctive reaction was to hit back b****y hard and to hell with the consequences. I would do so again.

It's interesting to note that our wise Justice Minister turned down the FG bill, but introduced the Blasphemy laws. What does that tell me about FF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Only in Ireland, someone tries to attack you in your house and you fight them off. They run off (falling out the door on the way). A few days later, you get a letter saying that they are suing you because they fell on your property! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

why didnt keith barry call his granda beforehand and warn him about what was going to happen
    proves he is a crap magician imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Ruu wrote: »
    Only in Ireland, someone tries to attack you in your house and you fight them off. They run off (falling out the door on the way). A few days later, you get a letter saying that they are suing you because they fell on your property! :)

Yup. In which case I have a contact point and I can now go off and finish the job by beating the s**t out of the ******:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

C.D. wrote: »
    I have to say I'm with a lot of posters in this regard- you hear so many stories of burglars who tie people up and beat them within an inch of their lives (or those two students in London who were tied up, had towels put over their heads and stabbed a few hundred times). Not to mention the women who get raped in their homes in front of their children.

I of course, believe alarms and locks to be the first line of defence. But if I EVER wake up and find somebody in my house, I'll be asking questions later. I don't care if I spend the rest of my life in prison, I'm simply not willing to take the chance that the intruders would rape/kill/torture/stab/beat my wife and children who would probably be defenceless, like lambs brought to the slaughter.

If you are capable of defending the weak, you have a moral and ethical obligation to do so- if everybody stood up to scumbags on a daily basis, and I mean everybody, crime would plumment. Scumabgs might act the hard men when they outnumber who they are confronting, but when it is the other way around it is not the case. Imagine if all 40 passengers on the bus told yer man down the back of the bus to leave that girl alone.
    +1 I saw a programme a while back and it had movie footage from a 1930's london street. A guy snatched a womans handbag and every man in that street chased him down. I mean pretty much every man. Like a flock of birds rounding on their prey. He barely got out of it alive apparently. They then showed CCTV footage from nearly the same vantage point and in the course of a day a few bags were snatched and not one incident was followed by people getting stuck in. It would take a big mindset shift to change that though.

Single have go guys(or women) are in a more dangerous position. If teh scumbag has mates etc. If everyone wheeled on them though it would be game over. We do seem to ignore or be afraid of or accept behaviour that we simply wouldn't in the past.

I was standing waiting for someone at the GPO one summers evening and there was this bunch of lowlifes, one of whom squatted and crapped near one of the doors of said GPO. There was a Guard on his own who saw it, but he was a young lad, not the biggest and I could see a flicker of worry. Damn right too. Fair play to the guy though he moved them on. I caught his eye and he just shook his head. Can you imagine some gurrier crapping on the GPO 40 years ago? I'm NOT saying the past was some wonderful place or any of that guff, it wasn't but in that respect it was.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

He didn't see that one coming. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Don't have the right to defend yourself in your own home? I'd be fairly sure that once the intruder is facing you when you "defend" yourself you won't get in any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ruu wrote: »

I seem to have done my back in while robbing your Plasma.

COMPENSATE MAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Stories like these warm my heart.

EDIT: Bah he didn't die, truly disappointing.

not a burglary but heres a robbery of a shop in killester about a year ago,

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/1010/breaking19.htm

''''Gardaí have freed the two men held over the fatal stabbing of a man as he tried to escape the scene of a robbery he had just carried out in north Dublin.

The victim, Paul Howe (23), Glenshane, Tallaght, Dublin, was one of two men who entered the Supervalu supermarket on Howth Road, Killester, Dublin, just before 8.30pm on Wednesday.

Howe and an accomplice had gone to the supermarket armed with knives and demanded money from staff.
    When a sum of money was handed over the two men ran from the supermarket into the car park at the rear of the premises. However, security staff and customers chased them.

Several members of the public joined the chase.

Howe was caught at the back of the car park as his accomplice managed to flee. There was a scuffle between Howe and those who had chased him and he was stabbed with his own knife. He later died in Beaumont Hospital.
    Two men were arrested – one on Wednesday night, the other yesterday morning.

They were freed this morning. Files are to be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Gardaí are seeking the dead man's accomplice'''

this is brilliant two thugs try to jump someone end up outnumbered by everyone in the shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-6RIxneVw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

suddenly he's an expert on the justice system... not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

For those of you on about Makikomi's son being 10, he said he has been teaching his son SINCE he was 10. His son isn't 10 anymore.

And it's the perfect thing to do, when Makikomi's not there the responsibility should fall to his son.

I would not hesitate to defend myself, my property and my family should someone come into my house without permission. I have a lovely extendable baton to take care of whoever does.

I want to get a rifle but my Mam won't let guns into the house. I tried to explain a rifle isn't a gun, but she didn't understand:(

For those of you on about Makikomi's son being 10, he said he has been teaching his son SINCE he was 10. His son isn't 10 anymore.

And it's the perfect thing to do, when Makikomi's not there the responsibility should fall to his son.

The responsibility should fall on to an adult, not a 10 year old. FFS this is so ridiculous I can't believe I'm even arguing about it.
    I would not hesitate to defend myself, my property and my family should someone come into my house without permission. I have a lovely extendable baton to take care of whoever does.

I want to get a rifle but my Mam won't let guns into the house. I tried to explain a rifle isn't a gun, but she didn't understand:(

*facepalm*

She probably didn't understand because a rifle IS a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

Not sure if this is wreckless parenting, actually yea... it is... teaching a 10 year old, in your absence, to take a gun and load it, then to fire at somebody???

What a very very unintelligent thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

sadly attacks on homes happen all the time and very little is done about it. A garda informed me that you have no right to defend your home! you can only defend your family.

ie. if someone breaks into your home you must go upstairs to get away, you can only defend your family if the intruder comes upstairs.

in ireland :

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/1128/primetime.html

and more recently in england :

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Mother-And-Daughter-Killed-In-Car-Fire-Were-Terrorised-By-Gang-Of-Youths-For-Years-Inquest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

surely u are joking or being sarcastic here.

another link to the story

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-magician-calls-for-tougher-sentences-after-grandfather-attacked-426913.html

this little part boggles the mind.... ''“The idea that a judge in Ireland, trying a case involving someone over 65 who has been battered in their home, would not throw the rule book at someone convicted of such an horrific offence, the idea that a judge would let someone walk away, I find it incredulous,” a spokesman for the minister said.

“Let’s be clear, the minister has taken a very tough stance on a whole range of crimes and if required he will not be found wanting.”

The Government rejected a Fine Gael bill yesterday which would have protected householders who attack burglars in their home''

• Advertisement
Advertisement