Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keith Barry Grandfather Brutally attacked..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

If these lads are caught, no doubt their case will keep being adjourned. They will show up in court with a string of stuff, wearing their fukn fred perry jumpers and lean up against the nearest immovable object and leave their FREE legal aid speak on their behalf and get away with it.

Its no wonder so many people dont report crimes to the cops, I wouldnt go near them either. The law in this country works in favour of scumbags and people are forced to take the law into their own hands to get any kind of justice. Remember that farmer that shot that scumbag that was on his property and every dogooder in the place was down on him like a ton of bricks. Id love to meet the guy and shake his hand!

If any ****er came into my house uninvited he wouldnt be walking back out.

These guys picking on the elderly are the absolute scum of the earth.

Maybe if half the foreign lads banged up here were sent home to be dealt with in their own country, itd free up some much needed jail space for the Irish scum freely walking the streets.Even jails too good for them but its at least getting them away from runining the lives of decent people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

you are indeed a responsible citizen ,i salute you sir

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

Sasquashie wrote: »
    Only thinking about this because we're a mental guy living behind us. He's banned from all the local shops and the other day ran into the butchers with a knife to attack them. (Seriously who runs into a butchers with a knife?). I saw his wandering the streets in his Pjs and started thinking he might start running into houses!

nothing will be done about him untill he hurts somone , the crazy have all the rights in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

suimhneas wrote: »
    oh my god you don't think he had the right to shoot this man? i think what padraig nally did was absolutly right, its not as if this man jsut turned up a his door and nally shot him in the back. this man terrorised him on an ongoing basis, mr nally was drivin to the brink by these scum of the earth. I have absolutly no pity for frog ward or the likes of him he deserved everything he got and if he had managed to get the tadpole ward, he would have saved the state a fortune cause he has been locked up at the taxpayers expense for one reason or another ever since.

dam right took the words rite out of my mouth, i think padraig should have been giving a medal for takn that dirty piece of sh!t ot of the world , pity more wouldnt do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So Keith Barry isnt as magic as he appears to be ? Should have went all Gandalf on his ass.

Didnt actually read this thread tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Bandit12 wrote: »
    You would trust a gun in the hands of your ten year old son? Surely a wind up.:eek:

I have to say, neither I nor any of my siblings would have been capable of such a responsiblity at the age of ten.

However I do know of some young'uns who I do not doubt would be capable of same.

It's soooo unlikely such that such an eventuality would occur, however if Makikomi judges that his son would be better able to deal with such an event than his wife would be - then I don't see how his reasoning doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

quick question

say you attack an intruder and beat him up badly.

I know you can then charged with excessive force.
    But can the intruder be charged with breaking and entering?

or is it case of punish the retaliator but not the instigator? (like it happens in sport)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

bonzos wrote: »
    who said anything about travellers????give the thread a chance to develop before you start defending criminals:rolleyes:

Its the 99% that give the 1% a bad name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Maybe your buds over in Self Defence & Martial Arts could teach you a few less lethal tricks? If not, I'd let the dogs at them before shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

soups05 wrote: »
    sadly attacks on homes happen all the time and very little is done about it. A guard informed me that you have no right to defend your home! you can only defend your family.

ie. if someone breaks into your home you must go upstairs to get away, you can only defend your family if the intruder comes upstairs.

in ireland :

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/1128/primetime.html

and more recently in england :

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Mother-And-Daughter-Killed-In-Car-Fire-Were-Terrorised-By-Gang-Of-Youths-For-Years-Inquest

After my dad's house was broken into many years ago the Guard that came to the house told him (after Dad had said what he would have done to the fcuker if he had been at home) that all my Dad had to do was beat the shit out of him and then put him outside the gate.

Seemingly it would be up to the guy to prove he was in the house, and he wouldn't be too eager to do that.

Could be all changed now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The responsibility should fall on to an adult, not a 10 year old. FFS this is so ridiculous I can't believe I'm even arguing about it.

*facepalm*

She probably didn't understand because a rifle IS a gun.

His son isn't 10, so Mak is not being Irresponsible.
    utick wrote: »
    surely u are joking or being sarcastic here.

And I said a Rifle isn't a Gun because I consider a rifle to be a firearm and a GUN to be an Artillery piece.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

After my dad's house was broken into many years ago the Guard that came to the house told him (after Dad had said what he would have done to the fcuker if he had been at home) that all my Dad had to do was beat the shit out of him and then put him outside the gate.

Seemingly it would be up to the guy to prove he was in the house, and he wouldn't be too eager to do that.

Could be all changed now though.

I heard that too. :)

It's funny how you react when someone does actually venture and surprise you.

I came face to face with a guy in my back garden one summer.
    In hindsight it's a funny story, because I was kneeled under a densely packed seven or so foot bush admiring nature, and it so happened, he had pulled himself over the top of said bushes.
    I dont think he expected anyone to be under it.

Granted he didn't enter the house, (my brother was in the back of the house luckily but i didnt know that at the time), and heard me, but I completely snapped.
    I think I might have done something awful and he probably would have killed me, but all I could think was about my elderly parents inside.

I knew of this guy and I knew he was violent. I knew he had prior's and recognised him immediately, but I still was fit to kill him.

He threatened to kill me after my brother "rescued" the situation, but I think he's dead now a few years later. At least I hope so.

In short I probably wouldn't have stood a chance but knowing the character, I would have given it my best shot with venom before he got into the house to my parents.

I am of the opinion that anyone who enter's a home within the context of breaking and entering with intent whether that be to rob or cause harm, get's what's coming to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So Keith Barry isnt as magic as he appears to be ? Should have went all Gandalf on his ass.

He didn't see that one coming. Sorry.
    why didnt keith barry call his granda beforehand and warn him about what was going to happen
    proves he is a crap magician imo

Is this Keith Barry fella a psychic? Or a magician?

bug wrote: »
    I heard that too. :)

I am of the opinion that anyone who enter's a home within the context of breaking and entering with intent whether that be to rob or cause harm, get's what's coming to them.

They so do, and the fecker that broke into dad's house was a big man and he proved that by kicking my dad's dog (small) so bad that he had to bring her to the vet.:(

I know for a fact that he is dead now. (Drugs) but I don't have an ounce of sympathy for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

kmick wrote: »
    Maybe Keith could use his magic to punish those trouble makers.
    A7X wrote: »
    You'd think Keith would have forseen this.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Why didn't Keith Barry predict all this :confused:
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Where's Batman when you need him.
    why didnt keith barry call his granda beforehand and warn him about what was going to happen
    proves he is a crap magician imo
    He didn't see that one coming. Sorry.
    dreamers75 wrote: »

Am i missing something here or why do i not find these comments even slightly amusing ?

This poor man has been through a nightmare which everyone of you guys would not wish on your worse enemy never mind your grandfather ,but yet you find that posting stupid comments make you look funny or cool :confused::confused:

Grow up and get a life FFS !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Am i missing something here or why do i not find these comments even slightly amusing ?

This poor man has been through a nightmare which everyone of you guys would not wish on your worse enemy never mind your grandfather ,but yet you find that posting stupid comments make you look funny or cool :confused::confused:

It's AH, you should've seen it coming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

?Am i missing something here or why do i not find these comments even slightly amusing

its the internet.

people are much braver with pixels.

and everyone knows Batman's on a work to rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

It's AH, you should've seen it coming. :D

I know but i cant see the funny side of a defenceless OAP ! sorry
    khmk wrote: »
    its the internet.

people are much braver with pixels.

Or a keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

Oh......wow.......

Your 10 year old son? My brother is 9. I could not imagine if the situation arised that he should take a gun to some scumbag and shoot him.

I mean 10 years old is still a small child. How in the name of god could you expect a child so young to be in charge of protecting a family? I mean surely its the parents job to protect the child and not the other way around? :confused:

How would a child that young even be able to aim properly?

Wouldnt he be so terrified that he wouldnt be able to take on this scumbag?

What are the consequences later in life of this horrific experience? And what are the risks of the child dealing with the scumbag himself, he could be very badly injured or killed.

I can't believe you've never asked yourself these questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

I know but i cant see the funny side of a defenceless OAP ! sorry

Or a keyboard?

a keyboard?

like, a board -like object for keys!!??

are you ****tin me?!

pixel me back a.s.a.p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭FutureTaoiseach

I am also a victim of crime. It gave me a new perspective on law and order in this country. This is an outrageous attack on one of the most vulnerable in our society - the elderly. I blame it on soft judges that refuse to lock these people up, or who give derisory sentences. There is also an element of class-prejudice involved when you hear judges talking about an accused coming from "a good family". Does that mean a rich family? Because that's how I interpret it. The State will only take violent crime seriously when the upper classes behind their iron gates experience what law-abiding working-class communities are experiencing across the country in terms of the breakdown of law and order.

The thugs that commit offences like this need to be locked away where they can no longer harm society. If rehabilitation is to play a role, it should be concurrent with a prison sentence - not instead of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

His son isn't 10, so Mak is not being Irresponsible.

And I said a Rifle isn't a Gun because I consider a rifle to be a firearm and a GUN to be an Artillery piece.:D
    His son was 10 when he started teaching him to use a gun, it doesn't really matter what age he is now. Our issue isn't about what age he is now, it's about the fact he was 10 when it started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Keith Barry was on the radio just now calling for the country to come to a stand still some day next week.
    He said at a specific time he wants people to just stop what they are doing, stop your car in the middle of the road, stop work etc.

He hopes this will force the government to act now on the whole issue intruders minimum sentences, more rights for people to defend their home etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol @ teaching a child how to use a gun to kill somebody should he feel threatened

Does the Firearms Licence allow for that?

Anyway, to kill someone that only intends to rob you is probably a scummier thing to do than the skanger's act of breaking into your home.

Get some good windows and locks and install a decent alarm and you probably won't need to murder anyone.. though having said that, if someone did come into my home I'd beat the shit out of them with a baseball bat or pepper spray them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyway, to kill someone that only intends to rob you is probably a scummier thing to do than the skanger's act of breaking into your home.

]

And what, do you and the intruder sit down to chat about what exactly he/she intends to do? Should the intruder say, "I'm just here to rob you," I agree, you shouldn't kill or be prepared to kill to defend your own life:rolleyes:

I am not for excessive force for the sake of it but sometimes, you have to act, and act quick and decisive, or else, it could be your bloody funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

to kill someone that only intends to rob you is probably a scummier thing to do than the skanger's act of breaking into your home

Bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Not sure if this is wreckless parenting, actually yea... it is... teaching a 10 year old, in your absence, to take a gun and load it, then to fire at somebody???

What a very very unintelligent thing to do.

What would be your suggestion, have a deadly weapon in the house and keep all the members of the household in ignorance of it's use? Yea, that can't go wrong.
    Getting your wife to fire a gun would make more sense, no? That's assuming your post is serious.:pac:

He never mentioned the wife. For all your know she an elite special israeli special forces commando.

Frankly, its better if either the wife or child put a bullet in the head of an intruder then the father/husband. No judge would imprison a mother for protecting her children nor a child for protecting his mummy. I'm sure Makikomi has not delusions wrt the seriousness of taking a life.
    the_syco wrote: »
    Probably less f**ked up than seeing his sisters and mother raped (and possibly him) and not being able to do anything about it?

Thats what it comes down to. If someone is breaking into a house with people into it, then they're well up for a spot of violence, whatever form that may take.

Using a case-control design comparing homicide victims with matched nonvictims, Kellermann et al. (1993) concluded that keeping a gun in one's home increased the risk of being murdered by a factor of 2.7

http://hsx.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/5/1/64

I'm not saying that you shouldn't protect yourself. I'm just saying that talking about shooting people and having a gun as a frontline protection is bullshit

How many people in this thread have taken preventitive measures to make sure their house won't be intruded? And how many are saying that they'd kill someone that manages to get in because they have no alarm, poor locks etc?

It's hardman internet talk, in a real world scenario I doubt many would actually pull the trigger

If people are so concerned about their safety they should improve their security instead of relying on defending themselves by force should anything happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Can an intruder take a civil case for injury, am I right in thinking if someone breaks in and injures themselves on your property, they can get damages from you..?

Things are a bit ****ed up.

• Advertisement

http://hsx.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/5/1/64

I'm not saying that you shouldn't protect yourself. I'm just saying that talking about shooting people and having a gun as a frontline protection is bullshit

How many people in this thread have taken preventitive measures to make sure their house won't be intruded? And how many are saying that they'd kill someone that manages to get in because they have no alarm, poor locks etc?

It's hardman internet talk, in a real world scenario I doubt many would actually pull the trigger

If people are so concerned about their safety they should improve their security instead of relying on defending themselves by force should anything happen

Look, you can harp on about security all you want, the issue is that WHEN a person gets in, security or not, what is the victim to do? The victim must act, and quickly.

Most of the time there is no bargaining or reasoning, it's a case of defend/kill or be killed.
    Now, not everyone who breaks into a home is intent on killing, but would you be willing to take the risk that the person who gets into your home in a threatening manner is one of the "good guys?"

That the intruder is just the typical burglar and when he's done downstairs robbing you, he/she will quietly let themselves out?

Also, my initial reaction would not be, "I am going to kill, or "I have to kill."
    It would be that I have to ensure my safety by whatever means it takes, and if KILLING
    is the option and last resort, then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 boba600

I will support keith if he goes a head with putting the country to a stand still if it will force the government to give more rights for people to defend their home and increase minimum sentences.My uncle was pushed to the ground and his tv multichannel box stolen he suffered a stroke soon afterwards and had to be moved to a home.

walshb wrote: »
    Most of the time there is no bargaining or reasoning, it's a case of kill or be killed.

Sorry, but that's sensationalist crap. Show me the figures to back up that most home intrusions end up with someone dead

And no, I wouldn't risk assuming that someone that got into my house was one of the "good guys"

I agree about protecting your own life at any cost but this thread is blowing it out of proportion, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

To those of you complaining about a 10 year old being shown how to use a weapon, I present the following... http://www.break.com/index/little-kid-at-a-shooting-range.html

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Poccington wrote: »
    To those of you complaining about a 10 year old being shown how to use a weapon, I present the following... http://www.break.com/index/little-kid-at-a-shooting-range.html

:pac:
    Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Currently back living in a rural area (have lived in big cities and apartment blocks for the last five or six years) it's something I've thought about a bit. It's surprising how different it feels to be in an isolated area actually, with regards to thinking about people breaking in.

The nearest Garda station is something like 15 miles away, and there was a spate of break ins a few years back that had most of the people slightly on edge.

The problem is, if someone is willing to break into your house, while you're in it, they're probably not very concerned how you're going to react. And are prepared, in that they might be carrying knives or weapons. There's no way in hell I'm getting close enough to a guy with a knife to try and hit him with a baseball bat. I don't think it's like the movies, and he won't just collapse unconscious with one tap - his adrenalin is going to be up and he could easily stab you if you're close up.

The thing is, I just don't know the actions someone who breaks in is going to take - are they going to slap around the older people in the house, a few digs to the head? Do worse to any women? Recent events, the death in Kilbeggan for example, shows what can happen in this kind of break in. And it's not the situation where I can afford to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

If someone was to break in to one of the sheds for example, I'd stay tight in the house and make sure everyone was ok, and call the Guards. I'm not going to play Rambo and risk anyones life for the sake of my possessions. For that matter, the house has good security, locks on all the windows etc, a decent gate and fence all around it, and dogs that sleep in one of the sheds that will bark their heads off at any disturbance.

But someone breaking into the house despite all that, while the family are inside, I would have no choice. I just couldn't take the risk that they would hurt or kill somebody. There's two shotguns in the house, and I know how to use them. It's my responsibility to ensure my families safety, and I value that over the rights of someone who has made the decision to break into my home, and may have made the decision to hurt anyone inside - I can't know that they haven't, and as I said earlier I just can't risk giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm under no illusions that shooting someone would make me feel like a "big tough man" or anything of the sort. It would be an absolute last resort, and if it came to it I imagine I'd be utterly terrified, and would probably be seriously mentally messed up for years afterwards.

Edit: It would be nice if homeowners could get a license to have pepper spray, or some other non lethal weapons in their homes. Not to carry, but to have in the house. Then again, maybe there are too many safety issues with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Why not?

The kid has skills, although he needs to work on his round count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Wreck wrote: »
    Unless the person you shoot is a traveller, then you'll get away with it.

Padraig Nally should have been awarded with a medal for that action.

Those travellers made a habit of looting peoples homes during the day in that area.

You'll notice that they haven't gone back there since. :D

Sorry, but that's sensationalist crap. Show me the figures to back up that most home intrusions end up with someone dead

And no, I wouldn't risk assuming that someone that got into my house was one of the "good guys"

I agree about protecting your own life at any cost but this thread is blowing it out of proportion, imo

I edited that to read defend/kill or be killed

I also did say that most of the time a person intruding isn't there to kill.

The point is, that are you gonna' take the risk, based on statistics?

Or, are you gonna' do whatever it takes to survive? You don't have time to reason or bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If someone breaks into your home you should be allowed to cripple them mercilessly. In Colorado if someone breaks in and dies on your property you're not prosecuted.

I'd sooner be judged by twelve than carried by six.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I edited that to read defend/kill or be killed

I also did say that most of the time a person intruding isn't there to kill.

The point is, that are you gonna' take the risk, based on statistics?

Or, are you gonna' do whatever it takes to survive? You don't have time to reason or bargain.

Yeah fair enough, as I said I'm not insinuating that people shouldn't defend themselves, of course they should.

The problems would start when the law changes to say that it's basically ok to kill someone for intruding. What do you think will happen? The scumbags looking for drug money will still need to find it, they'll still break into houses to get it.. only they'll have a different mindset when doing it

If the scumbags can expect to be killed on site, then it's only fair to assume that they too would be willing to kill on site

Yeah fair enough, as I said I'm not insinuating that people shouldn't defend themselves, of course they should.

The problems would start when the law changes to say that it's basically ok to kill someone for intruding. What do you think will happen? The scumbags looking for drug money will still need to find it, they'll still break into houses to get it.. only they'll have a different mindset when doing it

If the scumbags can expect to be killed on site, then it's only fair to assume that they too would be willing to kill on site

That law would be suicidal and ludicrous. I would not be for that at all. See, a measured approach is needed, not a rash and rushed decision. But, until one is in a terrifying situation and faced with an intruder who could potentially do anything, one will never fully understand. If it was me, I would act and face whatever consequences after. If that means prison time, so be it. I'd rather time in prison than "possible" death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Buy that man a pint !!!!

I would have absolutely NO HESITATION in wasting anyone I caught burglaring my home. They are there to steal from you, and there is little doubt they would kill, or seriously injure you without a second thought.

I am NOT INTERESTED in whether they are from a deprived background, broken home, have mental or emotional problems, are trying to feed their drug habit, never knew who their daddy was, have ADD, ADHD, or even HDADHD (High Definition Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Didorder).

The world would be a better place, with their total and utter 'non existance'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Poccington wrote: »
    Why not?

The kid has skills, although he needs to work on his round count.

dont know how old he is but im sure hes old enough to know how to count, maybe just a safety procedure to make sure there is no bullets left in the gun, so he dont end up like that guy in limerick who blew his head off thinking there was no bullets in the gun

marcsignal wrote: »
    I am NOT INTERESTED in whether they have mental or emotional problems [...]

The world would be a better place, with their total and utter 'non existance'.

Unfortunately the likes of you would still be around though

and if i'm not mistaken, that's bordering on insulting another poster

marcsignal wrote: »
    and if i'm not mistaken, that's bordering on insulting another poster

It was aimed more at what I quoted really, how would I know whether you're like that irl or not

There's a line, don't cross it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Wreck wrote: »
    Unless the person you shoot is a traveller, then you'll get away with it.
    Especially if they have 65 previous convictions for theft and assault and are out on bail.

• Advertisement

It was aimed more at what I quoted really, how would I know whether you're like that irl or not

come off it, stop making excuses for the kind of scumbag lowlife cockroackes that committed the crime in the OP and others like it.

I've been through plenty of hard times in the past, living in flatland in the 80's, with no job, no money, and not enough food to feed a fcuking cat on. NEVER ONCE did it ever enter my head, that i could lighten my load, by even shoplifting, never mind entering someones house, beating them to within an inch of their lives and stealing their savings or anything else.

The fact that lowlife like this usually choose old people to steal from, someone who wont put up a fight, speaks volumes, loud and clear, that they are characterless weaklings, unworthy of human DNA.

If they want to behave like animals, they should be treated that way.

Having said that, I've met many people who share your view, and most of them change their minds when something like this affects them personally.

Advertisement