Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movement Class would you be interested?

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I am starting gymnastics classes soon and have thought about 'movement classes' for 2/3/4 year olds....

it would contain balance,co-ordination,flexibilty,letters,numbers,colours etc

would be an hour a week and the kids will all get t-shirts and certificates etc

a term would be 1 hour a week for 1o weeks and the cost would be 5 euro a classs.

would something like this interest you? is an hour a week enough? is the price ok?

any thoughts welcome!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I think that's a great idea and it would be particularly good for the 4 year olds.
    There's a big difference between 2 and 4 year olds however. An hour for a young 2 year old is a lot...unless a parent is with them. With some 2 and some 3 year olds you'll have nappy/ toilet issues too. Really with the younger ones I would say a parent and child movement group or something would be better.
    What about a little bit older (4/5). My daughter goes to a 1 hour sports group and the lower age limit is 6. I can't find anything similar for my nearly 5 year old. The group with the bigger kids would be a bit fast and manic for him anyway so a toned down and safer version would be great. With that age group you wouldn't have to deal with tantrums/ toilet etc and a lot are already at school or playschool so should be ok away from parent for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I would love something like that. Great idea. I take it this will be in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

Im am going to set up in Monaghan, purely as its cheaper to set up and run and then if it works out expand it to other places.

The 2 year old would be 45mins.... 30 mins where i work with the kids and then 15 mins where the parent can have free play with the child the kids can show them what they did that day etc. the parents are free to sit on the balcony and watch for the 30 mins and the child has the comfort of being able to see them.
    also parents can do a course (6 hours) which will enable them to be able to help out if they so wish. the cost is €30. obvo they wouldnt get paid for this but for the stay at home or part time parent it gives them a chance to do something and spend time with kids.
    this would be mornings and most 5/6years olds would be in school and I wil have classes for them in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

that sounds like a better option for the 2 year olds.

Advertisement