Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxious

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

HI,
    Hope everyone is good today.
    Just wondering has anyone experienced something similare to me. I'm 12 weeks pregnant today (YUHOO). I've had brown spotting on and off since week 6. I had a scan (private clonic) at 6w3d and again at 9w2 days and everything was fine. The brown spotting has continued though and I'm constantly worried about it. I've read on a lot of sites that this could be down to old blood. I have my first hospital appointment on the 29th of Sept and I'm just so worried that something has happened the baby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭phaze

Hi, afraid have no advice to give you but it's reassuring that all was well for your other scans. I can appreciate the anxiety you are feeling though, I had a scare early on and had to wait 10 days for a scan to confirm all was well. It's horrendous simply waiting. Just rest as much as possible and take solace that this has been happening since before your latest scan.

Sorry I've nothing more practical to add, just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Which hospital are you booked in to? Any bleeding during pregnancy is considered abnormal, even though many women will have some degree of spotting during their pregnancy (myself included)

You should go to your maternity hospital and be seen. They will scan you and may or may not determine the cause of the bleeding. You should be able to attend any time of the day or night and be seen. (You can in Holles St anyway!)

Your 2 scans sound very reassuring :) Quite often brownish spotting can be old blood from implantation. The cervix also undergoes many changes during pregnancy and becomes more vascular which can also cause some bleeding, especially after intercourse. Some women experience bleeding throughout their whole pregnancy.

Try and take comfort in other symptoms you may be experiencing - sore breasts, constipation, bloating, sickness - they're a curse but the reassurance they give can be such a blessing :rolleyes:

Personally I wouldn't be waiting until your first appointment to seek the reassurance you need right now. Even your GP might be worth a visit, quite often the fetal heart can be heard with a doppler at 12 weeks which all GP's should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 WWC

HI Phaze & Crazy Cat Lady,

Thank you both for your replies.

Just to let you know, all is well :):):):)

Spoke with nurse and the bd is old blood, some women have this and some don't. Had my scan yesterday and baby was bouncing away happily. All measured ok and heartbeat very strong. So so so relieved.

I have a history of fibroids so will be back to the hosptial in a few weeks to keep an eye on things but the doc and nurse were very happy with everything.

Hope all is well with both of ye.

WWC x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Thats great news! Glad to hear it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Hi Op,
    Glad to hear everything is gone well for you with the scan. Ive had bleeding on and off since 6weeks pregnant and im due in 3weeks, baby is happy and healthy kicking and moving about. I know how worrying and awful it feels but try to remain as stress free as possible for you and the baby. Good luck with the pregnancy. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement