Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne accommodation apt/house-sharing sought

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi :)

After traveling the WA & NT & a few months bunnyhopping around SE Asia:
    I arrived in Melbourne a few days ago.

I'm settling here in Melb for work until my visa expires in Feb '10.

Looking for some nice folks to share a house or apartment with.
    Anywhere on a tram line would be ideal.

I'm currently staying with a friend in Brunswick & may just end up getting a 1bed apt, but would prefer a more social setup.

Look forward to hearing from ye'z..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Try flatmate finders, its the site I used to find a place and people where e-mailing me to see if I wanted to come and view rooms. Much better then gumtree. You are ment to pay if you find a place with them but you can get around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

me and the missus will be lookin for accomodation. landing there on tuesday and have nothing booked yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

try jackson apartments they have a good few apartments in st kilda rent is ok, most of the apartments i saw had either irish english or americans in them, i got on right in the center of st kilda next to the 96 so it was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

The real estate agents here seem to be jerks... I've left so many messages on mobiles or with secretaries & they just don't make the time to call back - it's still cold here - can't imagine they're so busy yet :confused:

The_B_Man whenthere'll be plenty of room in any backpackers I think - most of the YHAs have 7 nights for the price of 6 - but seeing as you're a couple you might as well stay in an Ibis ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hey, you found anywhere yet?

We're checkin out of base in the morning and still have nowhere. gettin pretty desperate at this stage. price in the hostel doubles coz of the grand final so hopin to move into somewhere asap!

Let me know if anyone is interested coz i saw 2 bed flats for rent that we could split the rent on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Advertisement