Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pensioner seriously assaulted & robbed.

• 18-09-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0917/waterford.html

paddy barry, keith barry magicians granfather assaulted and not looking good in hospital , from mount sion avenue, whats goin on in city?? is it drugs or other reasons people think its ok to assault 82 year old men :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

jo06555 wrote: »

paddy barry, keith barry magicians granfather assaulted and not looking good in hospital , from mount sion avenue, whats goin on in city?? is it drugs or other reasons people think its ok to assault 82 year old men :confused:

Recession I'm afraid. Sorry to hear it though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

shapez wrote: »
    Recession I'm afraid. Sorry to hear it though.
    This kind of thing was happening before the recession, pure scum:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I agree, but you'll find it a common accorance now because of the recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I heard Kieth on the Gerry Ryan Show this morning he sounds fairly P'd of with the justice system. He did thank the Gardi & WRH for everything they're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jo06555 wrote: »

The scum that do this sort of thing do deserve to be put down. Recession or not there is no excuse for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I hope whoever's responsible is caught. I'd hate to see something like this go unpunished. I don't know how anyone would have the balls to assault an elderly person who obviously cannot defend themselves.

Let's hope the old man makes a recovery and those responsible are taken out of society for a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

The Gardai always seem to have a reasonable idea who is behind robberies but are often powerless unless they catch them in action. If this poor man dies as a result of his injuries, the crime will then become manslaughter at least and I reckon they'll catch the buggers in no time.

The sad thing is that the law is on the side of the criminals. If they come into your house and you attack them with a weapon, you can get done for it. I'm sorry, but if someone breaks into your house, then you should not have to be in a position where you need to carefully consider your actions and the repercussions of them. Any delay caused by your hesitance to deal with this scum can give them the upper hand and you may end up worse off. In this case, the law is an ass!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Thats just nasty out, I hope they catch the bakstards....82 years old FFS, wat kind of people do this?!?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Mother knows the chap, she was saying earlier today that he's fairly unresponsive at the moment.Hope the poor man pulls through but the olde fella will obviously never be the same even if he does.The scum deserve life as, if the man does survive they have stole him of what ever time he has on this planet and I'm sure alot of elderly people in the town will be worried sick ever time they hear any odd noises now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Heard him also say on the wlr news that Dermot Ahern came out with some b******t about bringing in some new law at CHRISTMAS to deal with it. He was not impressed:rolleyes:, dont blame him. Same old c**p that we come to expect from FF, there are full of s**t:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

One thing I've noticed about breakins near me (which seems to be common this year because of the recession) is that the houses in question don't have alarms and leave windows open. For peace of mind it is worth getting one and lock your doors even when you are in the house. Sounds a bit overkill but i know of people who have been in the sitting room watching TV and an opportunist robber has robbed stuff in the kitchen.

If someone breaks into your house you should be allowed to do whatever you need to do to defend yourself and your family until that person has left your house. It is a primal instinct to defend yourself.

I hope the pensioner pulls through from his coma and they come down like a ton of bricks on the scum bag(s) who did this. I'd love to see a bootcamp for youngsters who cant be sent to prison because of their age. Might teach them respect towards others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

dirty scumbags,love to catch them and give them a hiding , fcukin cowards, what kinda threat is an 82 year old man ffs.i hope he pulls through and is ok.my nan is 82 and lives alone,and both houses on either side of hers have been robbed before,hardly gonna make her feel safe.

feck all to do with the recession there were thieving robbing scumbags around before that,as i know,as they tried to break into my place before,lucky i was there and im a fit young man.if ya cant protect your own home what can you do,i was lucky i was there in the first place,god knows what would have happened if i wasnt.i dont care what the justice system says,if you break into my house and threaten me with violence or anyone else there ,youd better carry out that threat.

knowing whoever it was ,theyll prob just get a slap on the wrist,joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Im hearing keith barry was on rte news 6 one, said his granfather is in coma and paralysed , cops seem to be doin lots of inquirys anytime i pass yellow road area i see them doin house to house, hope someone has info ,these scum need to be caught and shown up for cowards they really are .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Its being going on for a few years and have heard of no one being arrested for the amount of houses being broken into in the holy family/ballybricken area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

I know it shouldn't be the case, but beacuse this poor man,s grandson is Keith Barry, the case is much higher profile than it normally would have been. Happily this should mean the success rate of Guards should also be higher and these b*stards are caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

There was scum before the recession and there will be scum after the recession.

Even when their caught itl be heard and adjourned in the one day, theyl rob a few more houses before that and the case being heard and then theyl end up getting an order to be in their house from 8pm to 8am or some bullsh*t. Nothing will be done to them, they dont care and they dont fear the courts the way normal people do, they know they`ll get away with it.

Id love to shoot the bast&ds:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

There was scum before the recession and there will be scum after the recession.

Even when their caught itl be heard and adjourned in the one day, theyl rob a few more houses before that and the case being heard and then theyl end up getting an order to be in their house from 8pm to 8am or some bullsh*t. Nothing will be done to them, they dont care and they dont fear the courts the way normal people do, they know they`ll get away with it.

Id love to shoot the bast&ds:mad:

Well said agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i was coming home on bus last night and i thought heard them saying something to effect that magican keith barrys grandfather was in hospital after being attacked in his home.

I'm on the mobile site so i cant link to anything, ignoring the fact he is one of the more famous waterford natives these type of crimes on the elderly makes my blood boil. IMO i dont care the guilty partys background or drug history or whatever crap they always put in the court notes they should be pusshed off the new bridge.

If i heard wrong mods feel free to move this cause i don't wanna be spreading untrue stories.

EDIT: oops i just saw the other thread, can ya move me in there mods please? Thanks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Some person somewhere knows who did this, it's a f*ckin crying shame that an 82 year old man was assaulted like this, regardless of who his grandson is. People that do this have no respect for anything, be it life, possesions or whatever you have. If you knee capped the scum that did this, they'd probably claim disability for life and we'd have to pay for them forever more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

So terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Just heard this very sad news on the radio

RIP

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just disgusting this whole thing. How anybody could do it is beyond me.

RIP Paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

R.I.P. I'ts about time this Country woke up,maybe now that it's too late something will be done about these scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ray1

Just heard news

May he R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Absolutely ****ing disgraceful. Death isn't good enough for those responsible. May the poor man rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Out of respect for the families, I don't want to go into specifics, but this is the second tragedy to hit Keith and his family this week. Only yesterday, his aunt died tragically.

It's unreal that a family should go through so much torture in one week. Two deaths that make no sense whatsoever.

May they both rest in peace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

RIP Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

My condolences to the dead man's family, a truly horrible thing has happened.
    I only hope the guards catch the filth who are responsible.

Advertisement