Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graduate funding for studying abroad...

• 18-09-2009 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

This question may be repetitive on this forum but I thought I'd ask again. I'm 25, Irish and have just gone into my second year of a taught masters (Maritime Archaeology) at the University of Southern Denmark. I was going to apply for a Kerry Co Co grant but just learned that they do not offer any assistance for studying a post grad abroad, despite the fact that there is nowhere in Ireland that offers this kind of study (Full time, both theoretical & practical training).

In a last effort I'm asking whether there are any other funding bodies that would offer assistance to mature students who are forced to study abroad?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The EU maybe? I'd say try emailing your query to an MEP (i'd suggest Brian Crowley, or Sean Kelly given that you are from Kerry)

They will usually get one of their assistans to check it out if there is any Eu funding available to you (it will be very difficult to find this out on your own)

If you get any response, could you post it here, as I may have a similar dilemma soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DeliaNiC

Thanks for that, I've sent off some e-mails and I'll see what happens. If anything comes out of it I'll spread the word :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No worries, maybe follow up the email with a quick telephone call to their Brussels office if you don't get a reply, or even a reminder email, these guys get hundreds of emails from constituents a week and don't have many staff to answer them

Advertisement