Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Food Market in E Sq Centre - Fudge!!!

Options
  • 18-09-2009 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Wanderin through the eyre square centre this morning, there's a new food market. Not a huge amount of stalls there, but some great little ones. You have to try the fudge there, nice old chap from Aran sells it, psychadelic colours...but can already feel my teeth rotting from the sugar! Nice bakers stall too and a vegetable stall, which will make a handy change from buyin shi%$y veg in Dunnes on the way home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

...and the veg is usually particularily bad in that Dunnes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

...and the veg is usually particularily bad in that Dunnes!

totally agree, you can never ever find a decent onion in there. They're either sold out or rotten...although saying that the veg stall in the market didnt have onions either....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

yeah I saw this yesterday - stayed away though, the last thing I need is fudge....

Xiney wrote: »
    yeah I saw this yesterday - stayed away though, the last thing I need is fudge....

thought it might go down well on here, seeing as most posters seem to have an inordinate fascination for or addiction to, KFC or Burger King or McDonalds home deliveries or Milkshakes or Pizza Hut...:P

lol yep

get the milkshake place to make you an aran fudge milkshake, then eat it with a whopper from burger king.

^ average galway boardsie's dream

• Advertisement

lol yep

get the milkshake place to make you an aran fudge milkshake, then eat it with a whopper from burger king.

even reading that sentence, I can hear my arteries hardening and my heart begging for mercy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

fudge...omnomnomnom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

got some of the fudge, expensive but lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Wanderin through the eyre square centre this morning, there's a new food market. Not a huge amount of stalls there, but some great little ones. You have to try the fudge there, nice old chap from Aran sells it, psychadelic colours...but can already feel my teeth rotting from the sugar!

Will he pack the fudge for you?
    I ask because my uncle in San Francisco would love some of it.

fudge won't exactly go bad, unless it melts...

it's got so much sugar in it it acts as a preservative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mikom wrote: »
    Will he pack the fudge for you?
    I ask because my uncle in San Francisco would love some of it.

Good to know. ;)
    I might even send some to my other uncle in Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

hmm, Packing fudge, san fransisco (gay capital of the world) don't think he was bein serious!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

lol yep

You're forgetting the starter for 10 in the Charcoal.

hmm, Packing fudge, san fransisco (gay capital of the world) don't think he was bein serious!

:o

see, this is why Mr Xiney and I end up having awkward pints in gay bars being stared at because we only realise AFTER we've gotten our drinks where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

This the guy? ;)

Fudge_Packer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

At E9.50 on average for a small box, I didn't find it hard to stay away.

I thought the woman down the end with hand-made cards for E3 was good value. Not the rest though.

Advertisement