Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UKIP Make them pay!

Options
  • 18-09-2009 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

If you 'return to sender' on the post you get from UKIP they will have to pay for getting the post back! Please encourage anyone you know - No voter, Yes voter, tell the UKIP to keep out of our political system!!

Encourage everyone you know to return flyers to UKIP!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I always thought return to sender was including in postage and therefore costs nothing extra. Are you sure?
    Edit- I didn't get their letter but does it include a return address?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Surelite

Great Idea - Even if they dont pay twice we need to return it out of principle. No vote - Yes vote: It's OUR DECISION!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Returning the stuff to sender will only result in an post/royal mail incurring expense.

The initial postage they paid automatically covers returns of undeliverables.

P.S. I'm not sure if it does have a return address but you can find their address on their website anyway:

UKIP
    Head Office
    PO Box 408
    Newton Abbot
    Devon
    TQ12 9BG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I always thought return to sender was including in postage and therefore costs nothing extra. Are you sure?
    Edit- I didn't get their letter but does it include a return address?

AFAIK it is. Likewise with readdressing a letter and throwing it back in the post without the need for a new stamp. Perhaps when it's coming from outside the State that might be different though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coyler1

Damn it, I thought i had them there, but I'm gonna send it back out of principle - I wonder if they are posting them from Ireland or the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

coyler1 wrote: »
    Damn it, I thought i had them there, but I'm gonna send it back out of principle - I wonder if they are posting them from Ireland or the UK?

Its probably coming from their European Group HQ in Brussels. The leaflet is technically from the UK/Finnish/French/Danish delegation within the Europe of Freedom and Democracy EU Parliament Group.

The UKIP account for 13 of the 17 MEPs with the group, witch incidentally includes the only elected Libertas candidate for the European elections, Philippe de Villiers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Surelite wrote: »
    P.S. I'm not sure if it does have a return address but you can find their address on their website anyway:

UKIP
    Head Office
    PO Box 408
    Newton Abbot
    Devon
    TQ12 9BG

If you have a few quid to spare send them a bag full of manure, they've just sent us a load of manure so it's the least we can do.

Genius Idea meglome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Conor_in_Fecamp

Anyone ever think UKIP and Sinn Fein would campaign for the same thing? Send the letters back, it will give someone a job! keep people employed! more taxes in the system, and keep the UKIP out or Irish affairs! Vote yes or no, that's your choice but UKIP, Sarkozy, whoever... mind your own business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Anyone ever think UKIP and Sinn Fein would campaign for the same thing? Send the letters back, it will give someone a job! keep people employed! more taxes in the system, and keep the UKIP out or Irish affairs! Vote yes or no, that's your choice but UKIP, Sarkozy, whoever... mind your own business!
    meglome wrote: »
    If you have a few quid to spare send them a bag full of manure, they've just sent us a load of manure so it's the least we can do.

I like my idea much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bibbly

This is a great idea, i am defo gonna return to their office..

the cheek of those pro English gits.. I understand people who plan to vote no may have some concerns, but the organisations advocating no are getting loopier by the day..

UKIP
    Head Office
    PO Box 408
    Newton Abbot
    Devon
    TQ12 9BG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

bibbly wrote: »
    This is a great idea, i am defo gonna return to their office..

the cheek of those pro English gits.. I understand people who plan to vote no may have some concerns, but the organisations advocating no are getting loopier by the day..

UKIP
    Head Office
    PO Box 408
    Newton Abbot
    Devon
    TQ12 9BG
    i think you will find their postage costs get paid by the EU so it costs them nothing

yeah but even if their postage is paid - they still have to deal with a tonne of returned mail

they will get the profit from paper recycling plant[franny lee the ex man city footballer buys it to make toilet rolls ]you will have to think of somthing better,like tell your EU MP that you object to other parties outside ireland sticking their noses into irish matters

getz wrote: »
    they will get the profit from paper recycling plant[franny lee the ex man city footballer buys it to make toilet rolls ]you will have to think of somthing better,like tell your EU MP that you object to other parties outside ireland sticking their noses into irish matters

Unless your MEP is a member of FG as they should have no problem with outside forces interfering in our affairs,
    The Fine Gael Leader Enda Kenny TD has announced that Lech Walesa, the former Solidarity leader and President of Poland, has accepted his invitation to Ireland.

Mr Kenny said: ‘Some weeks ago I invited Lech Walesa to visit Ireland before the Lisbon Treaty referendum and I am delighted that he has confirmed he will come this Friday, 18th September’.

“Lech Walesa is a legendary statesman who played a huge role in the restoration of democracy in central and eastern Europe. He will bring to Ireland a very powerful message about the importance of the European project and of his support for the Lisbon Treaty.

“He will also be able to address some of the ongoing arguments about the importance of Europe in areas such as the protection of workers’ rights.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smeg_for_brains

I doubt they will be sent but if I receive one, I will put in in a new envelope, and send it back to them with a little note of my own attached. That way I can be sure they will receive it and it wont be binned somehere along the way. The satisfaction will be worth the price of a stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Unless your MEP is a member of FG as they should have no problem with outside forces interfering in our affairs,

You're equating the visits of individuals by invitation with a campaign in Ireland by a foreign political party.

baldly,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    You're equating the visits of individuals by invitation with a campaign in Ireland by a foreign political party.

baldly,
    Scofflaw

Oh, I forgot I invited the UKIP to spam our country with crap ;)

- My sympathies on the receding hair line by the way. I can imagine modding this forum is a stressful job at the best of times!

Oh, I forgot I invited the UKIP to spam our country with crap ;)

Ah, it was you, was it?
    - My sympathies on the receding hair line by the way. I can imagine modding this forum is a stressful job at the best of times!

True indeed. However, I'm sure you see my point - there's a large difference between the invitation of a single speaker (such as Jens-Peter Bonde) by groups within our country and a foreign political party quite literally campaigning in our country - much as one might point out that there's a difference between an invited visit by a foreign general and an uninvited campaign by his army.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Ah, it was you, was it?

True indeed. However, I'm sure you see my point - there's a large difference between the invitation of a single speaker (such as Jens-Peter Bonde) by groups within our country and a foreign political party quite literally campaigning in our country - much as one might point out that there's a difference between an invited visit by a foreign general and an uninvited campaign by his army.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I do agree there is a difference. The UKIP's actions are "louder" for want of a better word and Lech Walesa was invited by FG. I hold a level of contempt for the UKIP's actions and FG's and a level of disappointment in Lech Walesa for not realising it's none of their business and politely refusing the invitation.
    Are you suggesting that we should not be annoyed at invited interference even if it's just an individual? Europe should keep it's nose out of our decision making.

I doubt they will be sent but if I receive one, I will put in in a new envelope, and send it back to them with a little note of my own attached. That way I can be sure they will receive it and it wont be binned somehere along the way. The satisfaction will be worth the price of a stamp.
    there is about to be a postal strike in britain so best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Actually it is kinda their business. Sure we should only vote based on what we believe to be the best choice for Ireland. However, this is not a national issue, it is an international issue and the result of the Irish referendum will effect the rest of the EU member states i.e. if the result is NO then the Lisbon Treaty will be scrapped.
    UKIP do however only want to manipulate the Irish electorate to achieve a result that benefits their own agenda and not Ireland.

I do agree there is a difference. The UKIP's actions are "louder" for want of a better word and Lech Walesa was invited by FG. I hold a level of contempt for the UKIP's actions and FG's and a level of disappointment in Lech Walesa for not realising it's none of their business and politely refusing the invitation.
    Are you suggesting that we should not be annoyed at invited interference even if it's just an individual? Europe should keep it's nose out of our decision making.

I'm not terrifically keen on any interference, although obviously less so on uninvited, but I appreciate that this is a decision that will affect all the other member states, so, as with all international treaties, we can't realistically avoid a level of commentary - which is what, eventually, such visits actually mean, in that they're transmitted to the vast majority not at the event through the medium of news, which doesn't really distinguish between Lech Walesa addressing Libertas in Rome or Fine Gael in Dublin.

However, I do distinguish very strongly between commentary and visits by non-Irish individuals and campaigning by a non-Irish political party. Perhaps I'm particularly offended that it is someone like UKIP, but I'd certainly be annoyed if someone like the UK Labour Party were leafletting us to vote Yes. We're not some kind of political sub-market of the UK.

The essential difference between the two is that an invited speaker is here at the request of a party whose agenda, either for a Yes or a No, is an Irish agenda, and based on what they believe is best for Ireland (even if it's a return to the Dark Ages in the case of COIR). The same is simply not the case for UKIP.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Just as a thought experiment....

Is there any party or individual on the No side who might actually invite UKIP to Ireland?

Kathy Synott was vice-president of the EFD, but actually I'm not sure that even she would take the hit for inviting them...

Anyone... anyone...

I thought not... and if no one here would dare invite them it says a lot about what they stand for.

Ix..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's not invited interference though. The way I look at it is this:

If FG, Sinn Fein, Labour, FF etc decide to invite someone from outside the country to speak it's fine, because they are political parties representing the people of this country and as such can be trusted to at least be looking out for the interests of those people, be they hard line nationalists for SF or the building community for FF.. :p

UKIP is different. It has no ties to this country, no mandate from any of its people and no reason to act in any of our best interests. The UKIP would happily try to convince us to string ourselves up by our more tender parts if they thought it would help them achieve Britain leaving the EU.

Advertisement