Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selected Answer

Options
  • 18-09-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

This is a shot in the dark I guess (you could have a Shot in the Dark prefix for this forum), but could we have a "Chosen Answer" option on the programming forum. In fact it would probably work on a lot of the tech forums.

It would work like stackoverflow or severfault, the poster of a question gets to select which answer they went with, that post would then be flagged as the selected answer.

It would be really cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Evil Phil wrote: »
    This is a shot in the dark I guess (you could have a Shot in the Dark prefix for this forum), but could we have a "Chosen Answer" option on the programming forum. In fact it would probably work on a lot of the tech forums.

It would work like stackoverflow or severfault, the poster of a question gets to select which answer they went with, that post would then be flagged as the selected answer.

It would be really cool.

Marking/tagging posts is not a feature that vBulletin was ever designed for.

I'd love to, but it would require major surgery.

It would also be useful for in-thread warnings on busy forums among other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Talisein wrote me a lart script a while back I use it for my standard PI warning, would something like that help evil phil?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Not for this, its more so a user who posts a question and highlight the answer they went with in the end.

That being said, the lart script would be a handy utility overall. So to answer your question: maybe.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement