If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quote for a Humax FoxSat HD freesat box

Options
  • 18-09-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks: Sent John an email during the week but he must have been away.

I need a quote for a Humax FoxSat HD freesat box delivered (Philips Shop would do me!)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Wait4Me.

The current price on the Humax PVR Foxsat 320GB is £244.95 its dropped by £5 from yesterday.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr/huma-foxsat-hdr-box

Delivery of this item would be free to the Philips Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I was looking at the freesat box without PVR. In euros? Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No Problem!

Sorry I keep forgetting nmyself and putting the Sterling prices only up:(

The Humax FoxSat without hard drive would be £119.95 / 141.00 Euro delivered to the Philips Shop.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hd/huma-foxsathd-box

kennyricher: PM on the way.
    w4m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sorry for being a noob but do these work in the republic. i.e could I replace my sky box with one of these?

• Advertisement

Yeah they are a freesat box; does what the skybox does but more as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

wait4me wrote: »

what else does it do? I know I can get most of those channels if I end my sky sub. No living channel though, the missus mightn't be happy :D

cheers

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

How much would postage be to Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

sweetie wrote: »
    sorry for being a noob but do these work in the republic. i.e could I replace my sky box with one of these?

Just take your Sky Card out of your box, and you will get the jist on what channels you can get. You'll also get BBC HD & ITV HD. http://www.freesat.co.uk/
    wait4me wrote: »

Just note you will need an aerial for Irish channels as they are not on freesat.
    sweetie wrote: »
    what else does it do? I know I can get most of those channels if I end my sky sub. No living channel though, the missus mightn't be happy :D

cheers

Living could be an issue alright, I would have the same problem. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

My foxsat arrived yesterday and I set it up last night. Thanks to the miracle of diseqc it has replaced the skybox and a second box used for european channels.

Works well, is a neatly sized bit of kit and came with all cables - scart, rca, HDMI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

am i seeing things <SNIP !>

Mod Comment:

You've pointed to a different item to the one under discussion in this thread. In any event, pointing at other retailers is only allowed here under very limited circumstances.

Please read the Sticky at the top of the Forum entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" before posting here again.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.