Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Fortress 2

• 18-09-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭

On the Orange box.

Only just getting into it now. Anyone else here playing it? post up your gamertag.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is this supported or played much on xbox ??

I play it on PC all the time, my fave game actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

yeah, on the xbox version of the game?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

He plays on the PC. From what I remember when I used to play it on the 360, there's always a game or two going around, but it can get a little laggy and there often aren't many people playing. And that was months ago, so I don't know what it's like now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Still have no problem finding a game under player matches. Never a ranked match thou. After a total of four hundred hour's(sad I know) it still can be a good laugh.
    Moded matches on the xbox is nearly gone which is good and bad in a way. And lack of attention is a pain with no updates. Add me anyway op i dont have a mic thou.
    Gamertag heymcflyy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

This is one of the best online experiences on the PC. 1 <3 it.

I've head Valve want to bring the huge amount of free updates they're released on the PC version to the xbox. With the "inforced" price that is being attached to the new Crash Course campaign for L4D I'd say Xbox TF2 fans are in for a raw deal.

If you can run it on your P0C, and its not very demanding, get it. Its sooo sooo good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

5uspect wrote: »
    This is one of the best online experiences on the PC. 1 <3 it.

I've head Valve want to bring the huge amount of free updates they're released on the PC version to the xbox. With the "inforced" price that is being attached to the new Crash Course campaign for L4D I'd say Xbox TF2 fans are in for a raw deal.

If you can run it on your P0C, and its not very demanding, get it. Its sooo sooo good.

The problem with the update for the xbox is the size of the update. I seen it somewhere someone from valve was giving an interview saying thier main problem was the size of the hard drive on the xbox. Its been promised for a long long long time it was coming soon. I checked it in July very soon. There was an update in July but nothing to do with classes. I would not mind paying as I love the game, my PC is **** to play it there:mad:.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Mask wrote: »
    The problem with the update for the xbox is the size of the update. I seen it somewhere someone from valve was giving an interview saying thier main problem was the size of the hard drive on the xbox. Its been promised for a long long long time it was coming soon. I checked it in July very soon. There was an update in July but nothing to do with classes. I would not mind paying as I love the game, my PC is **** to play it there:mad:.

heh, Valve Time. Perhaps they could bundle it with a hard drive upgrade bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

PC is much better, loads of custom maps available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Problem isn't so much hard drive as ram I think.

Hard Drive space wise, TF2 isn't anything ridiculous, maybe too big for Ms requirements or something.

I think it would most likely be a problem fitting all the new items and weapons into memory at the same time.

Also as they are doing another beta for another update they may just be holding off until they finish re-balancing the game on Pc.

Mask wrote: »
    Still have no problem finding a game under player matches. Never a ranked match thou. After a total of four hundred hour's(sad I know) it still can be a good laugh.
    Moded matches on the xbox is nearly gone which is good and bad in a way. And lack of attention is a pain with no updates. Add me anyway op i dont have a mic thou.
    Gamertag heymcflyy

added, anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I was playing a bit last night on xbox (player match). You can add me animaX01 (thats zero one)

animaX wrote: »
    I was playing a bit last night on xbox (player match). You can add me animaX01 (thats zero one)
    Cool, I'm doctor6 in case you're wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Has the xbox recieved all the updates etc us PC people have ?

-Class updates (pyro,medic,heavy,scout,spy,sniper)
    -Ability to upgrade tele's etc
    -Goldrush/Hoodoo/Pipeline/Badwater
    -Arena maps
    -HATS !!! Though ive still not got any :(

PC if ye have it, deffo buy it and give it a go

oooo, think that'd be a No

Advertisement