Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone not like UCD

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    You actually sound a bit mental tbh and I'm sure the girl you 'fell for' will be glad that she's not going to be stalked all year.

lol wat, he's edited this embarrassing detail out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'd call the op a troll but he's too much of a 'cupid stunt'.;) I move for this thread to be closed, all the answers are there for the op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MildSuperpowers

Out of sheer bloody-mindedness I've read this whole thread, and I feel like going for a long walk to work off the irritation I've accumulated in that half-hour...

Having read this narcissistic torrent of smugness and blame-shifting I really do think you ought to stay home. Because the long and the short of it is, you've decided that the only way you'll stay is if the Head of Neuroscience personally gets down on his hands and knees and begs you to stay.

And even then you're clearly of the opinion that you're really the one-eyed man in the land of the blind.

To be honest I doubt either the scorn or the useful advice you've incurred on this forum will in any way affect the conclusion you've decided to draw from your fortnight at UCD.

And with that in mind, I reckon this thread is overdue for closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Dont lock this thread.....I'm that hot girl that the OP can't leave behind. Or I mean, I'm head of Neuroscience.....Dont leave, we think you're great. lol! :pac::rolleyes::P:eek::cool::):pac:

That is all.

You can lock it now. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

This is the problem with academia. We give University places to people like Logic. People who obviously have no real life skills what so ever and lack the ability to get "hands on" when something goes wrong and fix it.

I predict you having huge problems in the real world if you dont get your head around the fact that nobody owes you anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Spent 5 years in UCD doing three degrees.

Wasn't a massive fan in first year but stuck with it and it got better every year since.

Kind of miss it now, never get a chance to go somewhere everyday with that many pretty women!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

:pac:5000 people have viewed this thread, logic123 is officially a legend:D:D

in all honesty i dont think ucd is amazing either but i would say its probably better than the other unis in dublin, for a social life anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭gnl

I'm not even going to UCD but I'm following this thread just for the lol factor, tis way better than anything going on the Trinity forum! This guy needs a sitcom!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

leesmom wrote: »
    :pac:5000 people have viewed this thread, logic123 is officially a legend:D:D

... and not in a good way :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

... and not in a good way :rolleyes:
    thats harsh!!:pac:
    in fairness the ucd forum(board) would be boring otherwise, we need a bit of comedy:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

You haven't experienced UCD if you stayed for a whole 2 weeks. First two weeks for me, I didn't like just because I felt a bit lost but once you get into the mix of things, it's deadly.
    Introduction to maths/science modules are well worth while even if it is easy. I did them and they where grand didn't learn much but I learned a bits which I did forget from over the years and least now from the modules I have a nice recap of the basic stuff. Sure even if you knew all these basic stuff just skip the lectures then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

ok im at UCD now, want to meet up and finally see who locig123 is all meet at student bar on wednesday at 7 :) if you want to see the legend,

lol. how do your afford to keep coming and going:D

i know so you want to meet up on wednesday, student bar, 7 shall we say?

logic123 wrote: »
    ok im at UCD now, want to meet up and finally see who locig123 is all meet at student bar on wednesday at 7 :) if you want to see the legend,
    why dont you set up a thread about it??:D
    "LOGIC123 THE LEGEND COMES TO UCD" tickets 15 euro,doors open at 7pm, be there:pac:

i know so you want to meet up on wednesday, student bar, 7 shall we say?
    heading to town on wednesday but will tell the girls to look out for you in sb before hand:D wear a sign:pac::pac:

will do

will do
    why dont you go to the boards ucd beers in the student bar, think its on thursday.
    and i wasnt trying to be rude:)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

I have been to quiet a few colleges in Ireland and I can see exactly where you are coming from.

Not one of the courses I have done had a *Hands on* feel to it, It was more like

*come into college, We will eventually get to what you came here to learn, AFTER we teach you the crap you will never need to know*

Like I did architecture technology and in first year we only did AutoCAD for a very very brief period in time, Where as anyone who knows the business, Knows that AutoCAD is what you NEED to know inside and out. I pity this years 2nd years cause god love them, not many can use a pc, let alone use autoCAD.

Mechanical and manufacturing engineering we had a module called thinking and learning skills,

Nothing to do with how I was gonna stop a bridge from falling down, But it did teach me how to keep a diary for a while :S

All in all, Courses in Ireland SUCK!

I`m looking abroad for next year, Hopefully ill actually be thought something relevant then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

All in all, Courses in Ireland SUCK!

Such a ridiculous generalisation :rolleyes:

exactly evo, my suggestion is that for students who have done all the basics should have the option to fast track to second year, so like have two courses, one 4 year one and the other 3 year otherwsie you will be spending a whole year covering stuff what shoulda have been covered long before you thought about uni

Jev/N wrote: »
    Such a ridiculous generalisation :rolleyes:

Err its not.

If i were to say.

All courses in ireland suck

Then THAT would be,

But no I didnt.

You obviously came across that statement in another topic somewhere on boards and felt the compassion to use your only 2cents at an attempt to mix in with the stonning crowd.

Fail.

exactly evo, my suggestion is that for students who have done all the basics should have the option to fast track to second year, so like have two courses, one 4 year one and the other 3 year otherwsie you will be spending a whole year covering stuff what shoulda have been covered long before you thought about uni

I completely agree, This is my point exactly but im sory I wasnt so clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Evo how or why did you go to a number of colleges?

Like was that number 1? Even if it was more than 1, can't be more than 3?

errlloyd wrote: »
    Evo how or why did you go to a number of colleges?

Like was that number 1? Even if it was more than 1, can't be more than 3?

To do different courses that I was interested in,

Why else does one go to college?

And its been 3 colleges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

You get 3 level 8 degrees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MildSuperpowers

First off Evo, "all in all, courses in Ireland SUCK!" actually is a generalisation. And yes, it's still ridiculous. And you used "fail" as a criticism which sort of undermines your credibility.

And if courses in Ireland are so crap, why bother doing several? If you could have just pooled the money for the two courses that you deem so wholly unsatisfactory, I'm sure you could have got something a little more to your tastes abroad?

In short, why bother?

Advertisement