Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Asylum on the PC

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

5uspect wrote: »

I guess I wasn't Googling right, that did the trick, thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's all in the wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I would highly recommend using and xbox 360 controller with your PC. Ahh comfort!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got this for pc and THEN went out and bought it for xbox simply for the gamepad, we all know PC is the gaming superior but not when it comes to to ehh a direction other than WASD :| a gamepad is needed.

Brilliant game but not meant for PC it needs a pad to pull off the 20+ combos. I have a PS2 pad as my PC gamepad of choie and CBA setting it up.

It does look nice on PC but its Unreal 3.2ish so in fairness it would look nice without breaking the PC limit of godliness.

As a review its Metroid for the GC with actual combat that harks back to the days of final fight with added bonus of the GODDAMN BATMAN, seriously brilliant game. Pissed off i didnt try this last year and only getting to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I found spending €30 for a gamepad was a better idea than spending €45 on the same game twice myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got this for pc and THEN went out and bought it for xbox simply for the gamepad

You do know the PC supports 360 gamepads right? Even if it's wireless you can buy a receiver for €20 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

^^ best way to do it. Already had the controller so got the reciever and working perfectly.
    Easily best controller to play and finish game with!

Sarky wrote: »
    I found spending €30 for a gamepad was a better idea than spending €45 on the same game twice myself.

€20 in HMV new for 360 :|

Prefer the Ps2 pads for the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but was thinking of picking this up next, and was wondering if anybody had gotten the GOTY edition? Would it be worth the extra dosh?

Standard Edition: €23.49
    GOTY Edition: €32.49

Also if anybody could recommend somewhere cheaper than play.com that would be great!

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but was thinking of picking this up next, and was wondering if anybody had gotten the GOTY edition? Would it be worth the extra dosh?

Standard Edition: €23.49
    GOTY Edition: €32.49

Also if anybody could recommend somewhere cheaper than play.com that would be great!

20 quid for GOTY on xbox in HMV.

it has 3d and a few extra challenge maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

dreamers75 wrote: »
    20 quid for GOTY on xbox in HMV.

it has 3d and a few extra challenge maps.

Unfortunately will be playing on the PC :(

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Unfortunately will be playing on the PC :(

34 in game in liffey valley for pc

use a decent gamepad tbh difficult to play it with the KB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i played with the keyboard with no problems, never even thought to break out the gamepad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, now here's a game I haven't played since completing it. Never was that bothered to collect all the Riddler trophies & solve his puzzles (although they were quite fiendish and addictive). It was still a classy game all the same, quality stuff.

+1 on the keyboard though: I played it with the mouse + keyboard and found it quite natural, it certainly felt like the devs put somet thought into the PC controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Same, used the KB and mouse and had no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Nice to hear the KB+mouse option works well, I just bought this and have no joypad for my PC.

Advertisement