Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB contact

Options
  • 18-09-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I received my ICB report today and there was 2 things which need to be changed.

The first one is a loan which was never write as completed, so I called BOI and they send me a letter to fax to the ICB, and did

The second is a faulty car I bought, and I return it and got a refund and I have a G letter which mean Good in dispute which I won in a small court case, but is terminated over 5 years ago (balance date 2002, balance=0) I thought it was removed automaticaly every 5 years.

I wrote to them, and even pay for another report and follow the FAQ. I have no answer from them and can't contact them by phone.

Any ideas are welcome, I want to apply for a car loan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

In my experience its VERY hard to get anything changed, regardless of who is right or wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Ok, but it does affect me for something I did not do ! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

What exactly happened with the BOI loan if you dont mind me asking? work in credit control and may be of some help

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

I was a few month late, then paid the full loan two years ahead, which does not matter for the credit rating by the way.

The balance date was wrong of 3month and and BOI replied to me and acknowledge it by writing and asked me to go back to ICB. (I did but was not a big deal really 21/04/05 instead of 20/01/05)

It just still show up on my ICB, when the balance date 20/01/05. I assume this would desapear from the ICB report on the 20/01/2010 ?

I just don't understand why they don't change it ?

Do you think that a "G" letter affect my credit rating even if I was right and have a sollicitor letter ?

Advertisement