Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black screen on startup :(

• 18-09-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.

This is really bugging me. I load up my PC, all that happens is the windows loads for about 10 seconds, then the screen goes completely black....I didnt make any really changes.

If it makes a differance, I have a 32HDMI TV hooked up..My main CRT monitor says "No signal found" but that never effected anything in the past, usually when i get logged in the CRT would load up anyway. Im using vista and the only thing I did was turn my PC off b y holding down the power button.

Ive tried google but there is no simple solution, any help Id be greatful!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Could you explain that a little clearer? You have a main CRT monitor, and a Secondary HDTV?

Are the display drivers up to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Overheal wrote: »
    Could you explain that a little clearer? You have a main CRT monitor, and a Secondary HDTV?

Are the display drivers up to date?

Sorry, Im not very good on computers. "You have a main CRT monitor, and a Secondary HDTV? " Thats correct. And yes, the drivers are up to date.

I honeslty dont think its the monitors. Sometimes, I get by the windows load up, then I get an error, but it states it is fixing the issue. It then reboots, and the screen stays black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

a Blue Screen Error?

bsod.jpg

Overheal wrote: »
    a Blue Screen Error?

bsod.jpg

Na, not that. Its like an error from Packard Bell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

For a start, unplug the HDTV, and then try to re-start it.

When the PC is re-booting, after the POST screen (memory, bios info etc) keep pressing F8 and you will get a menu.

First time you get this menu, select 'last good configuration' and see if that gets you into the OS.

If that doesn't work, go through the steps again, but this time select 'Safe Mode with Networking'.

If this doesn't work, we'll have to look at different options, and possible problems.

Have you recently updated the machine, or installed new drivers or new software?

How old is it?

• Advertisement

Ill try this all when Im home, thanks lads. Ill report back. I havent change anything in the last few days except my refersh rate. It was 60 I moved it up to 75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Can your CRT support a refresh of 75?

Advertisement