Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i know which lab group im in???

Options
  • 18-09-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hey guys, just having a bit o trouble figuring out which lab group im in for monday onwards.. the groups are broken up into 2a, 2b, 2c etc.. we wer told we'd be assigned into our groups but its now friday and we'v heard nothing about it so far, and the labs start on monday.
    can anyone tell me does it go alphabetically or what????
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The student timetables will be updated later this evening. When the link becomes active, enter your student ID in the required field and all will be revealed

http://timetable.ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

perfect:) thanks

made an oopsey

its http://www.timetable.ul.ie

still no sign of the student timetables though

i know ya they dont seem to be up yet..
    so anyway on that timetable only my lab group will show up is it?? and the other groups times wont be there confussing me???

There is no need to panic. We are assured that they will be up before monday, and even if they are not, there is nothing you can do about it until Monday.

When the timetables are up, you will click on Student time tables
    Enter your student ID

The site will then produce a time table specific to you. There will be no one elses labs or tutorials on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

croker1 wrote: »
    i know ya they dont seem to be up yet..
    so anyway on that timetable only my lab group will show up is it?? and the other groups times wont be there confussing me???

Tbh you're a first year, just go to the one your mates are going to or whatever one suits you. They won't throw you out and worst case scenario you'll just be told to go to your assigned lab and they'll be able to tell you what that one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Timetables are active!

24 hours:( a week. Some nice easy days and then some god awful days!

The dossy 3 weeks have officially come to an end I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Are these done alphabetically?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

They are often done alphabetically yes.
    But it does depend on what electives people take as well, and the availability of classrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Just checked mine there, 19 hours a week which is not bad at all I guess.
    But my Wednesdays are horrid. Lectures and Labs all the way from 10 - 5.
    Fridays on the other hand, I only have one hour which is damn nice!
    Ara, nice to have some strucuture.

• Advertisement

WTF?????? there are no labs or tutorials on my timetable atal!!! its just da same as the timetable i got in week1! what do i do now??????:O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

croker1 wrote: »
    WTF?????? there are no labs or tutorials on my timetable atal!!! its just da same as the timetable i got in week1! what do i do now??????:O

How hard is it to read what it says on the UL timetable site?

To quote it:
    Please note that a small number of 1st year students have not yet been assigned to a laboratory or tutorial group.
    If you are one of these students you are required to check the timetable in Week 3 as details will follow.

Students who have been assigned to a group need to re-check their personalised timetable in Week 3 in case their group changes as a result of fitting the remaining students.

That is all written there before you put in your ID numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Are we working off of these timetables now as oppose to the ones given out during orientation? I'm a bit confused by it all (easily done)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Yes, if you notice the lectures as the exact same as the timetable you already have. Its just that the labs and tutorials have been added to it.

My current timetable already has tuts and labs on it. Example, on my current timetable I have a Programming Lab from 12 to 1 in CS2-044, online it tells me I've one at the same time for Comp Science in KBG-010. Which one do I attend?

(P.S. Where is KB?)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

KB = Kemmy Business School

check the third line on the time table where it says which weeks they are on

it might say wk 1-5 for one and wk 6-13 for the other

Got an email earlier to say that they cocked up the timetables so I'm following the original. Thanks for the replies anyway :)

Ah the old Russian Spy Centre - If you've a ground floor Kemmy lecture or tutorial it'll show up as KBG on the timetable. UL's version of the KGB. :pac:

when in week3 do they plan on letting us know which group we'r in???
    some of the lads in my course hav groups.. will i just go to theirs????

• Advertisement

Yeah definitely go with your mates to their one, you won't get into any trouble for it. ;)

Advertisement