Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands wanted for tour

Options
  • 18-09-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey guys,
    Currently playing with a band that are releasing our debut single next month and organising a tour to follow.Finding it a very tough job doing this on our own and is why i've come up with an idea for our next tour.

Basically we're an indie/acoustic/rock band and we're looking for 3 other bands/solo performers who are on the same wavelenght that would be interested in putting a tour together all in the space of 1 month, i'm thinking april next year.When you think about it 4 bands playing in there own local venue/club/pub is already 4 gigs as part of a tour and i know we could line up a few more gigs out of venues which we have secured on this tour.

If we could get 4 bands from 4 different areas of the country this would be even more ideal.We have a good PA system which i wouldn't mind using. Mainly all the other bands would need is there own backline and there own transport.

4 BANDS booking gigs, 4 bands advertising each other, 4 bands playing together, has all the ingredients to be a good tour. Obviously having 4 bands though would not leave much money to be made at gigs and this is why we want to get bands who are selling there cd's at gigs and have there own merchandise to make there own money.If we make anything at a venue then this would be a bonus but this can't be about the money, otherwise it will never work

I was also thinking to work the tour on a rotation basis, each band headlines every 4th night other than 1 venue each in there local town where they will headline,this would keep it as fair as possible.Anyway guy's let me know if we have any takers or anyone who would be interested, preferably 23+(don't want a band that couldn't turn up to a gig coz mammy wouldn't give them the car to drive from dublin to galway)

Comments

Advertisement