Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tesco Express at Dennehy's Cross

Options
  • 18-09-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

About time too! The Model Farm Rd is very badly served shops-wise. I'm surprised someone didn't open a Centra or something ages ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just try and find somewhere to park the car!!
    I know it is intended to serve those walking thru the place, students etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

just try and find somewhere to park the car!!
    I know it is intended to serve those walking thru the place, students etc.

the traffic there is so bad you can probably just leave it on the road and do your shopping when you come back you will still be waiting for the same traffic light

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Furet wrote: »
    About time too! The Model Farm Rd is very badly served shops-wise. I'm surprised someone didn't open a Centra or something ages ago.

I'm always surprised at the lack of shops in that area. There's a huge population yet the choices are dire. The only option used to be Golden's.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Do they sell gat ?

Do they sell gat ?

I ain't got a gat but I got a soldering gun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Dankoozy wrote: »
    I ain't got a gat but I got a soldering gun!

Sorry yank , I meant do they sell alcohol ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ps3 wrote: »
    went to the shop today got talking to store manager she was really nice she told me the parking is around the corner on the left and theres a lift up to the shop the place is really nice all there wine and beers is in fridges cooool beer ya thats more like it they seem to sell everything i ended up being in there for ages there was a great buzz in there check it out but be warned there very strict for id on beer

The fail is strong with this one. That's put me off ever going in there.
    ps3 wrote: »
    i work for tesco as a manager for the last three years there brilliant to work for hard going and not much of a home life but the money is good and lots of job satisfaction you should send them your cv they pay better than any other retail company

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

doh.gif

Sorry yank , I meant do they sell alcohol ?

you mean "Licker"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Eh so what are people's impressions of this place? I couldn't be less impressed tbh. The tills are in a bizarre location, the staff are very indifferent and the prices....definite mark up in comparasin to the prices in Wilton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Well, it's busy. The last two times I was there there were very lengthy queues, as the self-serve tills were inoperable. There are lots of spotty teenagers there buying boos all the time, and the bakery (such as it is) doesn't seem to bake very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

think there is parking there alright, in the back or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

aster99 wrote: »
    think there is parking there alright, in the back or something.

Quite a big underground carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Furet wrote: »
    Quite a big underground carpark.

And some lunatic parking spaces around the corner towards UCC, I've passed it once and managed to see one car reversing out back towards the junction, and one car reversing out across the road to get into the lane heading out towards CIT. Matter of time before theres some serious fender benders. Most insanely stupid parking spaces I've ever seen !

Advertisement