Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 transfer cable needed badly!

• 18-09-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

I'm badly in need of an xbox 360 transfer cable to transfer all my stuff from my pathetic 20gb harddrive over to the new 60gb harddrive that I got when I bought a second hand xbox 360.

If anyone can help out i'd be extremely grateful. I will of course send it back with a postal order for the amount it cost to send the cable to me in the first place.

If anyone has a cable and would be willing to send it onto me so I can finally start using my new Hard drive...please post a comment.

P.S.: I have already tried to get a cable from Microsoft but they don't seem to send them out unless you're upgrading to an xbox elite!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

dunie001 wrote: »
    I'm badly in need of an xbox 360 transfer cable to transfer all my stuff from my pathetic 20gb harddrive over to the new 60gb harddrive that I got when I bought a second hand xbox 360.

If anyone can help out i'd be extremely grateful. I will of course send it back with a postal order for the amount it cost to send the cable to me in the first place.

If anyone has a cable and would be willing to send it onto me so I can finally start using my new Hard drive...please post a comment.

P.S.: I have already tried to get a cable from Microsoft but they don't seem to send them out unless you're upgrading to an xbox elite!

The cable that works for 20-120GB doesn't work with the 60GB drives. The upgrade thing doesn't make any sense. I'd get on to MS again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

They give the cable only for people who bought Elite (120gb).

And you're right, you can only transfer data onto 120gb - but only when using console. You can connect transfer cable to your pc and backup all data using Xplorer360 and then copy it to new 60gb.

dunie001 check your pm ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i transferred from my old 20gb to a 60gb, no problem. i still have the cable and disk if you still need it OP, let me know

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea lads, I bought a new premium xbox 60 gig.
    sent off my serial number off my 20gig premium and 60gig premium and got the cable posted out to me..
    and transfarred it from 20gig to 60gig no probs. have the cable if you need it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

How useful is the cable anyway? If you redownload the stuff (same console - no charge or problems) and use a memory-card to xfer the profiles and save games.

I mean if you had one to hand then yes, but if you need to go to all this trouble to get one and return it, why not just re-download and use a mem-card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

Because Xbox will not allow you (or anyone) to copy files onto a memory stick. Also all the profile data is stored on the original hard drive.

Xbox won't let you transfer it that way because of the high risk of copyright fraud. Think about it...if everyone could just copy Map Packs from console to console then nobody would be buying anything online!!!

jasus, I had a shock when I seen all the posts!! thanks for the tips lads...I'll still try the cable.

Also can't see how it would be different for a 120gb than a 60gb hard drive, at the end of the day, they both have to fit onto the same console!!!:):)

I'm sending some pm's now to Lenny and theteal.:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Because Xbox will not allow you (or anyone) to copy files onto a memory stick. Also all the profile data is stored on the original hard drive.

Xbox won't let you transfer it that way because of the high risk of copyright fraud. Think about it...if everyone could just copy Map Packs from console to console then nobody would be buying anything online!!!

Xbox allows you to copy both your profile and game saves to a memory card no problem and then load them to another console so I dont know where you got the idea you cant. You cant copy downloaded content but you can just redownload that, considering you have a 20gb hard drive most of your content is made up of downloaded maps which you could just get a again, the gamer profile and saves just copy them with a memory card, assuming you dont get a transfer cable from one of the lads above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

You seem to be confusing a USB memory stick with the official xbox memory unit.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360memoryunit64mb/

Yes, I said you'd need to redownload the stuff you'd paid for, but as it's the same console this is easy. And you *can* transfer the profiles and save games from one HD to another with a mem-card, I don't need to think about it because I've done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I copied over all my profile and saves from my 20gb drive to a new 120gb one yesterday with no problems at all using the Xbox memory unit.

Downloaded all my games and maps overnight with no problems either.

• Advertisement

alright i got the cable and the manual from thetheal, but unfortunately not the disc...boo hoo!

Anyway hopefully he has the disc at home and will send it on, so hopefully everything will be alright!

posted same thing twice in error!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

Hi Lads,

I just got a super elite and I need a data transfer cable I order one but it wont arrived in time as I'm going to sell my old one to a friend in brazil and I'm going for holidays in less then 2 weeks

any one could lend me one ?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Hey All,

I'm in need of a transfer cable as well if anyone could give a lend. I'll send it straight back when finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

could do with the use of one myself if anyone is about the rathfarnham area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭vectra

docentore wrote: »
    They give the cable only for people who bought Elite (120gb).

And you're right, you can only transfer data onto 120gb - but only when using console. You can connect transfer cable to your pc and backup all data using Xplorer360 and then copy it to new 60gb.

dunie001 check your pm ;)

Could you send a PM to me as well please :D;)

Advertisement